yetanotherfaery

Elopement in The Bahamas/Caribbean

20 posts in this topic

We got married in Bahamas. She came the long route from Colombo to Grand Bahama transiting through Dubai, Brazil, Panama, and finally Nassau.

There is a flight route from IST (Turkey) to PTY (Panama) to NAS (Bahamas). It is important to check flight routes and transit without visa requirements.

For an example, PTY has transit without visa for my spouse but she must depart PTY within 12 hours and must show the onward ticket. When she arrived in PTY, while rushing to the next gate (1 hour layover), she asked a airport official for directions. They signaled to Panama Immigration Officials and they came and questioned her on the spot. She quickly showed that she is leaving and showed the onward ticket from PTY to Nassau.

Check the passport and visa requirements from https://www.emirates.com/us/english/before-you-fly/visa-passport-information/ Make sure to enter all the countries she would be transiting through and carefully read through the exemptions.

You can also use https://www.flightconnections.com

to see other routes that might be available from IST to NAS.

13 hours ago, yetanotherfaery said:

I was able to find Istanbul -> Panama nonstop and then Panama -> Nassau nonstop! Thank you so much for your help.

How about Mexico? He can fly there direct from Istanbul. 

12 hours ago, Boiler said:

https://www.flightsfrom.com/IST

This seems fairly comprehensive.

I have been to Turkey a few times and would recommend it.

Agree. One of my best vacations ever.

Finally done...

We (Philippine and US Citizens) got married in Costa Rica and could highly recommend it as having very easy laws for non resident foreigners getting married, pretty generous visa free entry, and it was just a great place for a honeymoon too.  As others have mentioned, my wife flew from the Philippines on Turkish Airlines.  Manila-Istanbul-Panama-San José.  All visa free transit on her highly challenged Philippine passport.

Wife and Stepdaughter                                                                            

• December 17, 2020:  Married in Costa Rica
  • March 08, 2021: Filed l-130s Online
  • March 09, 2021: NOA1
  • April 26, 2021: NOA2, I-130s Approved
  • April 30, 2021: NVC Received
  • May 01, 2021: Pay AOS and IV Bills
  • May 06, 2021: Submit AOS, Financial Docs and DS-260s
  • May 14, 2021: Submit Civil Docs for Stepdaughter
  • May 21, 2021: Submit Civil Docs for Wife
  • June 25, 2021: NVC review for Stepdaughter, RFE submit additional Doc
  • July 08, 2021: Wife Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • August 31, 2021: Stepdaughter Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • September 15, 2021: Received Interview Date from NVC, October 05, 2021
  • September 22, 2021: Passed physicals at Saint Luke's Extension Clinic
  • October 05, 2021: Interview at US Embassy Manila. Verbally approved by US Consul. Positive interview experience.
  • October 05, 2021: CEAC status changed to "Issued"
  • October 07, 2021: Passports tracking for delivery on 2GO Courier website
  • October 08, 2021: Passports with visas delivered.  "Visas on hand"
  • October 08, 2021: Paid Immigrant Fee
  • October 12, 2021: Temporary CFO Certificates Received
  • October 26, 2021 POE arrival at LAX
  • November 02, 2021 Social Security Cards arrive in mail
  • January 31, 2022: USCIS Status changed to "Card Is Being Produced"
  • February 04, 2022: USCIS Status changed to "Card Was Mailed To Me"
  • February 07, 2022: Green cards received. 

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

There are other islands. Did you check Jamaica or Grand Caymen. 

Also you can call the resort you are staying and ask for Wedding Coordinator. They will help you with everything. 

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.