apnzz

Time between Medical and Interview

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Anyone have experience with leaving 5 days between the medical and interview for London K1s?

Visa Medicals is currently saying 5 days is enough time between both and I want to know if this is okay. I know everyone has always said 10 days but if they're saying that 5 is enough, is it?

TiA :) 

I-129F Journey! ❤️

Package sent: 02 March 2024

NOA1 Received: 04 March 2024

NOA2 Approval: 23 August 2024

Physical NOA2 Received: 04 September 2024

Sent to State: 07 October 2024

NVC Received Case: 16 October 2024

NVC Case Created:

Case In Transit:

Case Ready:

Medical:

Interview:

Visa in Hand:

Flight:

4 hours ago, apnzz said:

Anyone have experience with leaving 5 days between the medical and interview for London K1s?

Visa Medicals is currently saying 5 days is enough time between both and I want to know if this is okay. I know everyone has always said 10 days but if they're saying that 5 is enough, is it?

TiA :) 

hi

5 feels tight but is certainly possible. Ultimately it’s down to VM to turn the docs around etc so if they think they can in that, they should know. I left a lot more than that but I had to get a couple of shots done after my medical before they sent mine across and it only took them a few days once I’d submitted the proofs.

remember this though too. Worst case they’re not processed in time, this doesn’t stop the embassy doing the interview. They just complete your bit and wait for the docs then issue the visa. 

So either way it's not a major issue. i wouldn't worry :)

Timeline

When my husband did his medical in May, VM advised him to wait the 10 days because it could take up to 5 days for them to process/send the results to the embassy, and another 5 days for the embassy to receive/process that information. Again, that was May, so things could have changed in those months if they're advising you differently!

Either way though, as said above, it's not the end of the world if your medical hasn't been processed yet by the time of the interview!

Edited by alliejourney

Timeline
26 minutes ago, alliejourney said:

Either way though, as said above, it's not the end of the world if your medical hasn't been processed yet by the time of the interview!

Sorry for piggybacking off this thread, but if they don't have your results by the time of your interview, does it just mean you wait a little while for AP? 

I'm currently struggling with having to travel from one end of the country to the other and I'm thinking of trying to schedule both close together to avoid multiple trips and more time off work.

💌I-129F Filed: 2024-04-03 

⚠️NOA1: 2024-04-17

RFE: 2024-06-05

⚠️NOA2: 2024-08-02

📤USCIS to NVC: 2024-08-28

📤NVC to Embassy: 2024-09-24

📥Embassy Received: 2024-09-30

⚕️Medical:

📋K1 Interview:

🪪K1 Visa Received: 

🛬POE:

💒Married:

Timeline
3 minutes ago, smilingstone said:

Sorry for piggybacking off this thread, but if they don't have your results by the time of your interview, does it just mean you wait a little while for AP? 

I'm currently struggling with having to travel from one end of the country to the other and I'm thinking of trying to schedule both close together to avoid multiple trips and more time off work.

Yeah, they tick 221g and then tick the awaiting medical option. 

I-129F Journey! ❤️

NVC Case Created:

Case In Transit:

Case Ready:

Medical:

Interview:

Visa in Hand:

Flight:

Timeline

Thank you all for the responses! Think I'll be booking it 7 days apart (if I can) just hoping I can figure it all out, I return to the UK November 30th, want my visa before Christmas so praying for a little Christmas miracle lol & just wanted to check with people, visa medicals themselves have said 5 days to multiple people now, so I am sure it'll be alright to do 7 days or so. Appreciate yall!

Edited by apnzz

I-129F Journey! ❤️

NVC Case Created:

Case In Transit:

Case Ready:

Medical:

Interview:

Visa in Hand:

Flight:

Timeline

Mine was just over a month between my medical and interview but that was mostly when I tried to book my interview appointment online there were no days or time slots available to schedule it for about 10 days after my medical even though I was checking regularly every day. This was ok though as it allowed me some time to get my Covid vaccine in between.

Visa Medicals at the time did advise 10 days between medical and interview but if they are saying 5 days then that should be ok and as others have said you can have the interview and then they can wait for the medical file to arrive if there is a slight delay in them sending it. You will be ok either way though.

Timeline

We left 11 days between the two and on interview day it was discovered that VM never sent the file over to the embassy. He had to call VM and they sent it over within 24 hours - visa went from rejected/refused (due to needing medical) to approved about a week after intial interview (it was over a weekend as well)

Worst case scenario - they don't have the medical results on interview day and put you in temporary AP until received and reviewed. Then they will proceed as normal so long as their are no other issues uncovered at the interview, ofc.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.