Ismaeell94

Prep for the Immigration

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi,

My immigration case is underway under I-130 and I was hoping to get myself prepared for the upcoming challenges for a new life. 

I need assistance on how to get a job as soon as I am arrived, i.e. what are the best practices to get hired. Also, what are the challenges faced by immigrants and what else should I prepared myself for? 

Thanks,
Ismael

2 hours ago, Ismaeell94 said:

Hi,

My immigration case is underway under I-130 and I was hoping to get myself prepared for the upcoming challenges for a new life. 

I need assistance on how to get a job as soon as I am arrived, i.e. what are the best practices to get hired. Also, what are the challenges faced by immigrants and what else should I prepared myself for? 

Thanks,
Ismael

That would really depend on whereabouts you're going, and what kind of job you'll be seeking? 

Filed: Other Country: Pakistan
Timeline
11 hours ago, appleblossom said:

That would really depend on whereabouts you're going, and what kind of job you'll be seeking? 

Well, I'd be moving to Virginia & I have plenty of Experience in IT Sales. However, I will be open to other opportunities as well. My primary objective will be to start earning as soon as I can & the preference will be a Blue or a White Collar job. 

26 minutes ago, Ismaeell94 said:

Well, I'd be moving to Virginia & I have plenty of Experience in IT Sales. However, I will be open to other opportunities as well. My primary objective will be to start earning as soon as I can & the preference will be a Blue or a White Collar job. 

What kind of case, who's petitioned for you and in which country? Just wondering how long it may take before you'll be able to move. 

Make sure you get any qualifications assessed if needed, make sure your LinkedIn profile is up to date and sells you really well. And be prepared to take a much lower job than your current level to start with if needed. Do you have any experience in companies with a US presence? If so, it may be worth asking them about roles if they already know you and could give a reference to the US side of the business. 

Good luck. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.