Mychal

I-485 Denied, What Options Do We Have - Denial Letter Provided

91 posts in this topic

Every question is important . When doing research, best to just google term / question and look over sources that are .gov or practice advisories .

Not pontificating…😂 Category is IR-1 
Not sure why others are not engaging 

https://ohss.dhs.gov/topics/immigration/lawful-permanent-residents/immigrant-classes-admission

Edited by Family

17 minutes ago, Family said:

Every question is important . When doing research, best to just google term / question and look over sources that are .gov or practice advisories .

Not pontificating…😂 Category is IR-1 
Not sure why others are not engaging 

https://ohss.dhs.gov/topics/immigration/lawful-permanent-residents/immigrant-classes-admission

Ah, thank you so much. Though would it not be IR-6 for adjustment? For my stepson his category would be IR-2 or IR-7 I'm going to guess.

I'm at 126 pages of just our bank and billing statements.

How sure are we that they won't toss the case in the garbage for being "overly cumbersome?"

Edited by Mychal

10 minutes ago, Mychal said:

Ah, thank you so much. Though would it not be IR-6 for adjustment? For my stepson his category would be IR-2 or IR-7 I'm going to guess.

I'm at 126 pages of just our bank and billing statements.

How sure are we that they won't toss the case in the garbage for being "overly cumbersome?"

Ok, I think I will let others be your sounding board ..for comfort 😂. I have repeated myself too much, for my own liking. ..

The letter you have drafted is a solid easy read hybrid between a brief and an exhibit list . Officer will appreciate not having to decipher paragraphs of narrative . 
‘As for page count, again misplaced worries. The goal is to electively overcome your “ 5 item” sparse response to RFE..

Good luck, keep posting 

I'm just trying to verify to myself that the IR-1 is the correct classification, and there's just no cut and dry answer that I can find. Let alone if my stepson is an IR-1 as well or an IR-2... or something else.

They definitely qualify for green cards based off entering on K1 and K2 visas, but https://www.uscis.gov/green-card/green-card-eligibility-categories doesnt really translate on which visa classification we are asking for on the I-290B.

IR-1, IR-6, CF-1 , IF-1, they all look right, but also don't. They all have criteria that we both meet but also don't.

For my stepson there are 4 other classifications that also look like they would fit after reading up on all of them as well.

This is opening up a whole can of worms of uncertainty... 

12 hours ago, Mychal said:

I'm just trying to verify to myself that the IR-1 is the correct classification, and there's just no cut and dry answer that I can find. Let alone if my stepson is an IR-1 as well or an IR-2... or something else.

They definitely qualify for green cards based off entering on K1 and K2 visas, but https://www.uscis.gov/green-card/green-card-eligibility-categories doesnt really translate on which visa classification we are asking for on the I-290B.

IR-1, IR-6, CF-1 , IF-1, they all look right, but also don't. They all have criteria that we both meet but also don't.

For my stepson there are 4 other classifications that also look like they would fit after reading up on all of them as well.

IF2

IF1 for wife.

7 hours ago, manyfudge said:

That one does make the most sense to me and is probably the classification I will go with.  I've read some stuff about it that makes me still wonder if its even the correct one but it looks like the most accurate based off the 4 or 5 words the USCIS uses to describe it.

I appreciate your input.

6 minutes ago, Mychal said:

That one does make the most sense to me and is probably the classification I will go with.  I've read some stuff about it that makes me still wonder if its even the correct one but it looks like the most accurate based off the 4 or 5 words the USCIS uses to describe it.

I appreciate your input.

You can simply write “ spouse “ and “child” of USC…legalese is not required. Just send it out asap..

1 hour ago, Family said:

You can simply write “ spouse “ and “child” of USC…legalese is not required. Just send it out asap..

Alright thats good to know, thank you. Its really difficult to know when "legalese" is preferred and when its not.

I was making some last minute changes to the order of our packet today and just making sure we have everything clean and easy to follow. I will say for how many pages it has it is very clean and easy to follow.

I will be sending both forms out tomorrow. I'm including a G-1145 with them, so we should be notified by them when they receive it.

Edited by Mychal

4 minutes ago, Mychal said:

Alright thats good to know, thank you. Its really difficult to know when "legalese" is preferred and when its not.

I was making some last minute changes to the order of our packet today and just making sure we have everything clean and easy to follow. I will say for how many pages it has it is very clean and easy to follow.

I will be sending both forms out tomorrow. I'm including a G-1145 with them, so we should be notified by them when they receive it.

Excellent. The important part is the priority mail /proof of mailing receipt . Keep that w file. 
‘You did great. ..no matter how fast or slow they process it, you can rest assured your family will be protected. ..take a well deserved break.

19 hours ago, Family said:

Excellent. The important part is the priority mail /proof of mailing receipt . Keep that w file. 
‘You did great. ..no matter how fast or slow they process it, you can rest assured your family will be protected. ..take a well deserved break.

Thank you for all your help.

I forgot that my bank is closed Saturdays so I have to wait until Monday to get the cashier's checks. I'll blame that forgetfulness on the very painful cold I'm currently battling.

I was reading up on some other threads and saw on the 290B that they wanted statements for both the motions to reopen and reconsider. I added more direct verbiage to the cover letter, and included quotes from the denial letter to address. What your opinion on my revision? Should I keep it simpler and go back to the other one?

image.png.f356926f205f5b033a050f664dded35c.png

Edited by Mychal

2 hours ago, Mychal said:

We don't have any personal checks. Never had a use for them.

Maybe I'll get some just to have on hand for some unexpected future need.

I personally used them only in some occasions:

1) Car downpayment

2) USCIS fees

3) Home renovation expenses (since contractors charge credit card fees)

37 minutes ago, OldUser said:

I personally used them only in some occasions:

1) Car downpayment

2) USCIS fees

3) Home renovation expenses (since contractors charge credit card fees)

Funny you mention USCIS fees, haha. Today when we were just verifying the finish packet we realized that adding the bank statements that show previous USCIS fees would be a good thing to include. Including a printout of our recent bank activity showing the two $800 transactions for the very fees were are sending this whole thing in for.

5 hours ago, Mychal said:

Thank you for all your help.

I forgot that my bank is closed Saturdays so I have to wait until Monday to get the cashier's checks. I'll blame that forgetfulness on the very painful cold I'm currently battling.

I was reading up on some other threads and saw on the 290B that they wanted statements for both the motions to reopen and reconsider. I added more direct verbiage to the cover letter, and included quotes from the denial letter to address. What your opinion on my revision? Should I keep it simpler and go back to the other one?

image.png.f356926f205f5b033a050f664dded35c.png

Forgive me but I don not understand what you wrote or why you bring up public charge or say you are not sending another I-485. ..only the denial grounds are relevant and will be revisited

You had a pretty clear and concise frame where you challenged decision , brought forth extensive new evidence and asked for an  interview. 

I am pretty confident in my advice, so  my position stands .

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.