khan2024

joint sponsor is now refusing to provide their recent tax documents (split topic)

20 posts in this topic

I need urgent guidance as I’ve received my interview date for the family visa. When we initially submitted the Petitioner's Affidavit of Support (AOS), it showed insufficient financial resources, so we included a joint sponsor and informed the authorities that the applicant has sufficient funds. This allowed the petition to progress to the interview stage. However, due to ongoing family property settlement issues, the joint sponsor is now refusing to provide their recent tax documents. We already have all necessary documents from the Petitioner and sufficient liquid funds to settle in the U.S. Despite this, I’m concerned that this situation could lead to delays or even a visa denial. How can we address this issue, and what steps should we take to ensure the application proceeds smoothly without the joint sponsor's updated tax documents?

• Ban Hammer changed the title to joint sponsor is now refusing to provide their recent tax documents (split topic)

I need urgent guidance as I’ve received my interview date for the family visa. When we initially submitted the Petitioner's Affidavit of Support (AOS), it showed insufficient financial resources, so we included a joint sponsor and informed the authorities that the applicant has sufficient funds. This allowed the petition to progress to the interview stage. However, due to ongoing family property settlement issues, the joint sponsor is now refusing to provide their recent tax documents. We already have all necessary documents from the Petitioner and sufficient liquid funds to settle in the U.S. Despite this, I’m concerned that this situation could lead to delays or even a visa denial. How can we address this issue, and what steps should we take to ensure the application proceeds smoothly without the joint sponsor's updated tax documents?

I am a bit confused, perhaps you can clarify.

You claim that USCIS allowed your application to progress due to the Joint Sponsor. So to me that would mean you already have submitted their i-864 with all required evidence, and that USCIS has accepted it.

Is that correct?

Now, you also say that you need "updated" tax documents. You should not need to update i-864 every time new tax documents become available.

Can you explain the reason behind wanting to update the tax documents?

I also see that you talk about "Visa", "AOS", "interview for Family Visa". Where are you exactly in what process? Are you having a Visa Interview or AOS interview? AOS is not a Visa, so this is confusing to me. Are you arriving or did you arrive on a "relative" visa or fiancé(e) visa?

Edited by M plus D

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

Duplicate posts merged.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
2 hours ago, khan2024 said:

Need for new joint sponsor?

Edited by nastra30

I want to clarify that this is regarding an F4 visa at the interview stage.

1. The joint sponsor is not providing their most recent tax returns, but we have sufficient funds to support ourselves. Do we still need to find second joint sponsor at this stage ( few days before interview), or will proof of our own funds be sufficient?

2. If we decide to introduce second joint sponsor just a few days before the interview, what should we do?

i- Should we notify the NVC or embassy before the interview?

ii- Should we inform them on the interview day that the first joint sponsor is no longer available, and we are adding a second one?

iii- Or should we provide only the petitioner's tax returns and proof of our own funds while explaining that the original joint sponsor is no longer available?

Please advise which option would be best.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Submit updated petitioner and applicant related financial forms and supporting documentation.  Ask that the Joint Sponsor be withdrawn, or even take a letter from the joint sponsor asking that their I-864 be withdrawn.  If you have well over the 5 times the income requirement in liquid assets, you should be fine.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

9 minutes ago, pushbrk said:

Submit updated petitioner and applicant related financial forms and supporting documentation.  Ask that the Joint Sponsor be withdrawn, or even take a letter from the joint sponsor asking that their I-864 be withdrawn.  If you have well over the 5 times the income requirement in liquid assets, you should be fine.

Thank you for your advice. If we need to withdraw a joint sponsor, do we need to notify the NVC, even though our case has already been transferred to the relevant embassy? Also, is it mandatory for the joint sponsor to submit the withdrawal request, or can we do it on their behalf? Lastly, would a combined stock and cash amount of half a million dollars be sufficient for a family of four?

Timeline
11 minutes ago, khan2024 said:

Thank you for your advice. If we need to withdraw a joint sponsor, do we need to notify the NVC, even though our case has already been transferred to the relevant embassy? Also, is it mandatory for the joint sponsor to submit the withdrawal request, or can we do it on their behalf? Lastly, would a combined stock and cash amount of half a million dollars be sufficient for a family of four?

No need to notify NVC.  If that was needed, I would have said so.  Best if you have a letter from the joint sponsor, but no, not mandatory.  Yes half a million is well over 5 times the income requirement for a family of four.  If the family, is petitioner, spouse, and the two immigrants, great.  Otherwise the actual income requirement includes all immigrants plus everybody in the petitioner's household count.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

22 minutes ago, pushbrk said:

No need to notify NVC.  If that was needed, I would have said so.  Best if you have a letter from the joint sponsor, but no, not mandatory.  Yes half a million is well over 5 times the income requirement for a family of four.  If the family, is petitioner, spouse, and the two immigrants, great.  Otherwise the actual income requirement includes all immigrants plus everybody in the petitioner's household count.

The family includes the principal applicant, their spouse, and two children. Additionally, could you please clarify where we should submit the joint sponsor’s withdrawal notice, or if it's acceptable to bring it directly to the interview?

Timeline
3 minutes ago, khan2024 said:

The family includes the principal applicant, their spouse, and two children. Additionally, could you please clarify where we should submit the joint sponsor’s withdrawal notice, or if it's acceptable to bring it directly to the interview?

Carry the letter to the interview.

As for the family size, the "income requirement" in your case is five times the petitioner's income shortfall.  To know the shortfall, you would count the four of you plus the petitioner's household size.  That will give you the total income requirement.  Then subtract the petitioner's current income, to find the shortfall.  Shortfall times five would be the minimum.  It's best to be well over that.  The immigrants' assets are used to supplement the petitioner's affidavit of support.  The do not stand alone.  Study the I-864 instructions on how to use the intending immigrants' assets to supplement.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

1 hour ago, pushbrk said:

You are the one confused.  This is a visa case, so in this context AOS means "Affidavit of Support".  USCIS never sees the affidavit of support in a visa case.  It's NVC that let the case proceed to an interview.

Before the topics were merged, the one I replied to was in the K-1 AOS subforum. So I hope you can see it was contradictory.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, M plus D said:

Before the topics were merged, the one I replied to was in the K-1 AOS subforum. So I hope you can see it was contradictory.

That would be the wrong forum, but still a visa forum.  USCIS still doesn't ever see affidavits of support in any visa case, because they don't issue visas.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.