Bunny Gurl

Upcoming IR -5 (parents) interview in Almaty

6 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: Russia
Timeline

I believe, my experience can be helpful for someone.

My mother's interview for IR-5 visa was initially scheduled on June 18th. It wasn't possible for us to attend it on that date. When I called the U.S. consulate in Almaty, they told me to wait till the scheduled date and then I'll be able to reschedule it through their website https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-kz/iv/users/sign_in

But that information was wrong. In fact, I simply had to go to HOME ➡️CONTINUE➡️EXPEDITE THE APPOINTMENT after logging into my account and finding the scheduled interview information. 
Expedite doesn't necessarily mean you are requesting expediting. I actually requested delaying the interview through that button. My request was approved in less than a week. Now we have the interview scheduled on October 17th this year. Wish us luck!

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: IR-5 Country: Russia
Timeline

My mother's interview has been finally scheduled for October 17th - in less than 2 weeks from now.
Everything seems to be ready. But I am still worried, that they won't grant her the visa on the day of the interview. We need some luck here. 
Send us some good vibes!

13 minutes ago, Bunny Gurl said:

My mother's interview has been finally scheduled for October 17th - in less than 2 weeks from now.
Everything seems to be ready. But I am still worried, that they won't grant her the visa on the day of the interview. We need some luck here. 
Send us some good vibes!

Hey- there is a thread already where a lot of us posted our experiences with the Almaty location. It was a good and positive experience for us. The only word of advice make is to sure your mom has  everything as required (originals of everything and translated certified copies, copies of sponsor income related docs, etc.) And you need to register for the pick up service and have the info with you for your apt.

We were asked to show every single item (but some people said they werent asked) and had a quick positive answer.  

I am sure your mom will have a positive outcome! Good luck and let us know how it goes!

4 minutes ago, Ineska said:

Hey- there is a thread already where a lot of us posted our experiences with the Almaty location. It was a good and positive experience for us. The only word of advice make is to sure your mom has  everything as required (originals of everything and translated certified copies, copies of sponsor income related docs, etc.) And you need to register for the pick up service and have the info with you for your apt.

We were asked to show every single item (but some people said they werent asked) and had a quick positive answer.  

I am sure your mom will have a positive outcome! Good luck and let us know how it goes!

It looks like you duplicated this thread… search for the original “Upcoming interview IR5 Almaty”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Here is the Almaty thread with recent experiences.

Good Luck!

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.