Stormi10

Case denied yesterday [merged threads]

29 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: South Africa
Timeline

Can someone please assist yesterday my husband and I received the denial for our adjustment of status we filed in 2021 and yesterday we were denied. We have been together for 12 years and married for almost eight. I have not received the denial letter yet but I'm not sure what my next steps are I know we have to consult with an immigration  attorney but I'd like to know what do I do as far as my job goes I'm a paralegal I work for a law firm can I continue working until I get The denial letter?  we will obviously refile but I just would like to know what my next options are we are completely and utterly devastated.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Stormi10 said:

Can someone please assist yesterday my husband and I received the denial for our adjustment of status we filed in 2021 and yesterday we were denied. We have been together for 12 years and married for almost eight. I have not received the denial letter yet but I'm not sure what my next steps are I know we have to consult with an immigration  attorney but I'd like to know what do I do as far as my job goes I'm a paralegal I work for a law firm can I continue working until I get The denial letter?  we will obviously refile but I just would like to know what my next options are we are completely and utterly devastated.

Your next action will depend on the reason for the denial.. we can speculate but that is all it is until you understand the basis for the denial   How did you find out ? 

Timeline
Just now, Lil bear said:

Your next action will depend on the reason for the denial.. we can speculate but that is all it is until you understand the basis for the denial   How did you find out ? 

I received an email notifying me action was taken on my case . I logged on to the website and it said case denied same with the i-485 because filed AOS.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
15 minutes ago, Stormi10 said:

Post the redacted denial letter here when you get it. 

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
1 hour ago, Stormi10 said:

I received an email notifying me action was taken on my case . I logged on to the website and it said case denied same with the i-485 because filed AOS.

Only the details in the letter will

give us the information needed to assist you. 

Timeline

What would be a specific reason they were just deny a case without sending an RFE or NOID? We still have not got out denial letter I'm trying to figure out why they would deny the AOS?

Timeline
16 minutes ago, Lemonslice said:

Thousands of possible reasons, can't say before you get the letter, unless you know from your situation where the hiccup could be.  

That's what's frustrating I don't even know. The interviewing officer hardly asked any questions and he didn't even look at the evidence I brought with. Didn't ask to see my marriage certificate or tax returns . I'm just devastated.

41 minutes ago, Stormi10 said:

That's what's frustrating I don't even know. The interviewing officer hardly asked any questions and he didn't even look at the evidence I brought with. Didn't ask to see my marriage certificate or tax returns . I'm just devastated.

What visa are you trying to adjust from?

Tax returns and marriage certificate should have been included in the initial packet, not brought to the interview.   The interview is for providing additional evidence collected since filing.

Edited by SalishSea

Timeline
19 minutes ago, SalishSea said:

What visa are you trying to adjust from?

Tax returns and marriage certificate should have been included in the initial packet, not brought to the interview.   The interview is for providing additional evidence collected since filing.

They were included in the initial packet but we've been waiting since we filed in 2021 . We had additional evidence that he didn't care to see.

As with visa denials, you must have some idea of why your AOS would be denied…..

Could even be because of statements made to CBP when you entered (presumably on a non-immigrant visa?), questions about the bonafides of your marriage, etc.

• TBoneTX changed the title to Case denied yesterday [merged threads]
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Duplicate threads have been merged.  Please post in the current thread only.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Stormi10 said:

Screenshot_20241004_160750_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20241004_160750_Gallery.jpg

@Crazy Cat here is the denial. My husband is incarcerated and could not attend the interview. When we file our initial filing we requested that he's appearance be waived they're now saying that incarceration is not a reason to not attain the interview. Could you possibly advise I'm going out of my mind I don't even know what to think The i485 was simply denied because i-130 was denied. Thank you

Edited by Stormi10

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.