Emeaba

Cameroon non-conviction certificate

6 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hello everyone, Please I need help. We used to live in Cameroon but returned permanently back to Nigeria in 1992. I’m a us citizen now, filed for my mom to come live with me in New York.

NVC wants me to provide police report which is called non-conviction certificate in Cameroon.
The issue is that I don’t  know how to get it because it’s been more than 30 years we moved back to Nigeria. I tried explaining the situation to NVC, but they still insist I get it. Anything I could do? I need help

8 minutes ago, Emeaba said:

Hello everyone, Please I need help. We used to live in Cameroon but returned permanently back to Nigeria in 1992. I’m a us citizen now, filed for my mom to come live with me in New York.

NVC wants me to provide police report which is called non-conviction certificate in Cameroon.
The issue is that I don’t  know how to get it because it’s been more than 30 years we moved back to Nigeria. I tried explaining the situation to NVC, but they still insist I get it. Anything I could do? I need help

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Visa-Reciprocity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country/Cameroon.html

"Alternatively, Cameroonians and foreigners residents for more than six months may obtain a Certificate of Non-Conviction (Casier Judiciaire) from the office of the Registrar-in-Chief (Greffier en Chef) at the Department of Criminal Affairs and Pardon at the Ministry of Justice in Yaounde. This Certificate of Non-Conviction (Casier Judiciaire) can be obtained by presenting the following information: names, date and place of birth, nationality, passport number and issuance information, number and date of any Cameroon visas issued, number and date of issuance of the Resident Permit (Permis de Sejour), dates of residence and addresses while in the Cameroon. This can be done by the individual in person, or by a relative or friend. There is a fee for this service."

Good luck. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Appoint a local lawyer

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Reach out to the 

On 9/30/2024 at 11:36 PM, appleblossom said:

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Visa-Reciprocity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country/Cameroon.html

"Alternatively, Cameroonians and foreigners residents for more than six months may obtain a Certificate of Non-Conviction (Casier Judiciaire) from the office of the Registrar-in-Chief (Greffier en Chef) at the Department of Criminal Affairs and Pardon at the Ministry of Justice in Yaounde. This Certificate of Non-Conviction (Casier Judiciaire) can be obtained by presenting the following information: names, date and place of birth, nationality, passport number and issuance information, number and date of any Cameroon visas issued, number and date of issuance of the Resident Permit (Permis de Sejour), dates of residence and addresses while in the Cameroon. This can be done by the individual in person, or by a relative or friend. There is a fee for this service."

Good luck. 

Reach out to the Cameroonian authority through the provisions here and explain your situation to them. I'm sure they will advise you accordingly on what to do

On 10/1/2024 at 2:40 AM, Emeaba said:

Currently, my family lives in Nigeria and don’t have anyone to help us get the non-conviction certificate. I’m totally confused as to go about it

i had a similar situation although not for Cameroon, but i lived almost a decade elsewhere and never went back. You will have to hire a legal representative e.g. a lawyer or a paralegal who will make you signed notarized copies of power of attorney for that process(certified by the consulate of that country in your country) so that they can proceed to do the process on your behalf. A very basic procedure.

On 10/1/2024 at 2:46 AM, Boiler said:

Appoint a local lawyer

This is correct

Edited by Jumboeggs

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.