Jason and May

221(g) Submission Slip Question--Need Help (Merged threads)

10 posts in this topic

My wife's embassy is Manila. I tried to log in to CGI tonight, but I keep getting redirected to the login page. I thought CGI was down, since it often is, but I'm seeing people saying if your embassy is USEM, you must use the new VAC system for appointment scheduling and updating the delivery address for the visa. Should I be using VAC or CGI? Someone shared a link for the VAC, but that link eventually just circles me back to the CGI site. 

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
3 hours ago, Jason and May said:

My wife's embassy is Manila. I tried to log in to CGI tonight, but I keep getting redirected to the login page. I thought CGI was down, since it often is, but I'm seeing people saying if your embassy is USEM, you must use the new VAC system for appointment scheduling and updating the delivery address for the visa. Should I be using VAC or CGI? Someone shared a link for the VAC, but that link eventually just circles me back to the CGI site. 

Do you already have an interview date?

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

She had an interview on 09/23 and received a 221(g) to provide an unexpired PCC from Qatar. We have the PCC now, but evidently we have to fill out the 221(g) Document Submission form to send her document/passport in. I need to put her UID number on the form, but her UID number so far as I can tell is only listed in her CGI account. 

So, I can't log in to the CGI account, and I'm reading/being told now the Philippines has transitioned to this new usavisa scheduling site (I got that confused with the VAC in Manila). It's very confusing as to whether we are supposed to create a new account on the new usavisa scheduling site or if CGI is just down at the moment. I did create an account for her at the new site and it walked me through registering her visa delivery address, but it's not finding her USCIS case number.  It appears there might be a UID number at the usavisa scheduling site next to her name (it's a 9-digit number), but I've really no idea. 

Very frustrating. 

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
23 minutes ago, Jason and May said:

She had an interview on 09/23 and received a 221(g) to provide an unexpired PCC from Qatar. We have the PCC now, but evidently we have to fill out the 221(g) Document Submission form to send her document/passport in. I need to put her UID number on the form, but her UID number so far as I can tell is only listed in her CGI account. 

So, I can't log in to the CGI account, and I'm reading/being told now the Philippines has transitioned to this new usavisa scheduling site (I got that confused with the VAC in Manila). It's very confusing as to whether we are supposed to create a new account on the new usavisa scheduling site or if CGI is just down at the moment. I did create an account for her at the new site and it walked me through registering her visa delivery address, but it's not finding her USCIS case number.  It appears there might be a UID number at the usavisa scheduling site next to her name (it's a 9-digit number), but I've really no idea. 

Very frustrating. 

Surely you received submission instructions with the 221(g) notice.  What do those instructions tell you to do?

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

16 minutes ago, pushbrk said:

Surely you received submission instructions with the 221(g) notice.  What do those instructions tell you to do?

Not particularly. Just the standard 221(g) form. Upload Qatar PCC to CEAC. Send the PCC and her passport to the embassy via LBC. 

When I tried logging into CGI just to double check that her visa delivery address was good to go, because of the problems logging in, I stumbled onto the "221(g) Submission of Documents" page, with some fairly detailed instructions on what to do when you get a 221(g) from USEM. That I think no one at the embassy told my wife. They just said, evidently, "LBC your documents and passport to the embassy."

Part of that page instructs that you must fill out a 221(g) Submission Slip and send that with your 221(g) and required documents via LBC. To fill out the submission slip, you have to put your NVC case number and UID number on it. The UID number, so far as I'm aware, is only available on CGI. 

As I was googling what the heck is a UID number and finding out it is listed on CGI, I also came across some threads discussing the new usvisascheduling platform that rolled out, and that evidently CGI might not be used through the Philippines anymore. Or maybe it is. That part is what is confusing. Because I don't know if CGI is just down, or if we should now be using usvisascheduling to register the delivery address, etc. And most people seem to be kind of in the same boat as me. So I was looking to see if anyone here actually knew anything about it. Because the last thing I want to do is assume we can just send the submission slip with no UID number on it and then 3 months later USEM sends her passport and PCC back saying the submission slip lacked her UID number. It's very frustrating. 

PNG image.png

Edited by Jason and May
Image upload

I feel sheepish posting so many questions the last couple of days. And I'm very thankful for the members kind enough to answer and put up with continued questions.... 

Hopefully one last question, at least on this topic: 

My wife got a 221(g) for an expired Qatar Police Certificate. She now has the PCC and we need to send it to the embassy with her passport.

On the 221(g) Submission Slip, there is a section to fill out the UID number of the applicant. The old GGI portal is no longer active, and I am unable to create an account at the new usvisascheduling site. (I get "error" and "profile not found" when I enter my wife's NVC case number.) We didn't get a confirmation letter for her interview, only the email. (Some people who received letters with barcodes report their UID on that letter.) I don't see her UID number anywhere, so I believe it is only accessible via CGI. 

The question:

I'm thinking of just having her re-register the delivery address for her visa with LBC when she drops off her documents required by the embassy via the 221(g), and sending the submission slip with "N/A" in the UID line. Has anyone submitted the 221(g) submission slip without filling in the UID? If so, has it been accepted, or have they rejected the documents sent in because the 221(g) submission slip was not filled out completely (missing the UID number)?

TIA

Screenshot 2024-09-29 at 11.26.22 AM.png

• powerpuff changed the title to 221(g) Submission Slip Question--Need Help (Merged threads)
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
15 hours ago, Jason and May said:

Not particularly. Just the standard 221(g) form. Upload Qatar PCC to CEAC. Send the PCC and her passport to the embassy via LBC. 

When I tried logging into CGI just to double check that her visa delivery address was good to go, because of the problems logging in, I stumbled onto the "221(g) Submission of Documents" page, with some fairly detailed instructions on what to do when you get a 221(g) from USEM. That I think no one at the embassy told my wife. They just said, evidently, "LBC your documents and passport to the embassy."

Part of that page instructs that you must fill out a 221(g) Submission Slip and send that with your 221(g) and required documents via LBC. To fill out the submission slip, you have to put your NVC case number and UID number on it. The UID number, so far as I'm aware, is only available on CGI. 

As I was googling what the heck is a UID number and finding out it is listed on CGI, I also came across some threads discussing the new usvisascheduling platform that rolled out, and that evidently CGI might not be used through the Philippines anymore. Or maybe it is. That part is what is confusing. Because I don't know if CGI is just down, or if we should now be using usvisascheduling to register the delivery address, etc. And most people seem to be kind of in the same boat as me. So I was looking to see if anyone here actually knew anything about it. Because the last thing I want to do is assume we can just send the submission slip with no UID number on it and then 3 months later USEM sends her passport and PCC back saying the submission slip lacked her UID number. It's very frustrating. 

PNG image.png

The UID should also be on her original interview appointment confirmation sheet 

2024-09-29_12-05-30.png

K1 Visa
EventDate

Service Center :California Service Center

Transferred?No

Consulate :Manila, Philippines

I-129F Sent :2023-09-16

I-129F NOA1 :2023-09-20

I-129F RFE(s) :2024-05-20

RFE Reply(s) :2024-06-01

I-129F NOA2 :2024-06-11

NVC Received :2024-06-18

Date Case #, IIN, and BIN assigned :2024-07-01

NVC Left :2024-07-16

Consulate Received :2024-07-18

Packet 3 Received :2024-07-28

Packet 3 Sent :2024-07-28

Interview Date :2024-08-13 icon13.gif Submit Review

Interview Result : Approved!!

Visa Received : 2024-08-20

US Entry : 2024-08-30

Marriage : 2024-10-25

Comments :

Processing Estimates/Stats :Your I-129f was approved in 265 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 328 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

1 hour ago, Edward and Jaycel said:

The UID should also be on her original interview appointment confirmation sheet 

2024-09-29_12-05-30.png

Someone else had shown me that, too. As far as I'm aware, she didn't get an interview appointment confirmation. We were emailed by NVC that the appointment had been scheduled, but there was no barcode on that email, and the only attached document was a document describing how to upload and submit documents in CEAC. She also did not have an MRV fee payment (I believe because it was an immigrant visa interview.) 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 hours ago, Jason and May said:

Someone else had shown me that, too. As far as I'm aware, she didn't get an interview appointment confirmation. We were emailed by NVC that the appointment had been scheduled, but there was no barcode on that email, and the only attached document was a document describing how to upload and submit documents in CEAC. She also did not have an MRV fee payment (I believe because it was an immigrant visa interview.) 

Yeah... ours (K-1) was treated as an immigrant visa by the US TravelDocs website but it slipped my mind that the NVC schedules the IR-1/CR-1 appointments. Sorry it wasn't helpful. Have you tried reaching out to the Consular Communications Group at the Embassy? The link is below... Maybe they can give you the UID?

https://ph.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visa-inquiry-form/

K1 Visa
EventDate

Service Center :California Service Center

Transferred?No

Consulate :Manila, Philippines

I-129F Sent :2023-09-16

I-129F NOA1 :2023-09-20

I-129F RFE(s) :2024-05-20

RFE Reply(s) :2024-06-01

I-129F NOA2 :2024-06-11

NVC Received :2024-06-18

Date Case #, IIN, and BIN assigned :2024-07-01

NVC Left :2024-07-16

Consulate Received :2024-07-18

Packet 3 Received :2024-07-28

Packet 3 Sent :2024-07-28

Interview Date :2024-08-13 icon13.gif Submit Review

Interview Result : Approved!!

Visa Received : 2024-08-20

US Entry : 2024-08-30

Marriage : 2024-10-25

Comments :

Processing Estimates/Stats :Your I-129f was approved in 265 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 328 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.