DELTAFOXTROT

Going to Tourist Visa Interview with my Mother in Law in Philippines at US Embassy

33 posts in this topic

Do you think it's worth it me flying over there this weekend, Tickets are available and average price. I feel confident she will pass about 85% due to high success rate for older people getting tourist visa approved from Philippines.

The US Embassy is very accommodating to US Citizens, and when I did my K1 interview they had a seperate line for American Citizens that I could enter so we didn't have to wait in line, and I think I was the only American there that day. VIP treatment.

My issue is we are supposed to fly to Cancun Wednesday.  My wife is too timid and shy, but me I am tall and outgoing and gregarious and people tend to like me. Plus I am sure they haven't seen very many if any Americans show up for a tourist visa interview, but if they ask a question like "Why do you want to go to the USA", I would just raise my hand, or if they ask "Who is Paying", I will just raise my hand.

My last interview for K1 the CO was so cool and seemed happy for us passing, he was really cool and we were the last interview of the day, and I saw him leaving the US Embassy in front of the Embassy and he was still giving us congratulations.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I assume you would not be let in.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
1 minute ago, DELTAFOXTROT said:

Why would you assume that?  This is the US Embassy in Manila.

Consulate

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

And just to add, even if she interviewed on Monday AND approved, you all aren't making it to Cancun by Wednesday. 

Approved visas are returned by post/ DHL. She may also go unto AP, you never know. 

Too many holes with your plans. I suggest you plan wisely. 

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

3 minutes ago, Timona said:

Your status as a US citizen will not influence the outcome of the B-2 visa. No need to waste your $$. She has to prove herself that she'll return to Philippines inorder to get the visa. You won't be allowed to interview with her. Your physical attributes will not be factored into the decision by US embassy officers. 

Please, Zelle me that $$ you're about to waste on Philippines' ticket. I've just saved you time and headaches. 

She has proved she will return already by just applying for a tourist visa and being old.   If she wanted to stay in the USA my wife would of petitioned her when she got her Citizenship. And by being old and living in Philippines means she would return.

The CO would actually make the call if I could interview with her, that is their decision to make.   I wouldn't waste any money on the trip I would just stay a few weeks while I am there. Mother could fly back to her place and I will stay in Manila and have a mini vacation.  It's just the flight is so long.

5 minutes ago, Boiler said:

Consulate

It is attached to the US Embassy

Timeline
Just now, DELTAFOXTROT said:

She has proved she will return already by just applying for a tourist visa and being old.   If she wanted to stay in the USA my wife would of petitioned her when she got her Citizenship. And by being old and living in Philippines means she would return.

The CO would actually make the call if I could interview with her, that is their decision to make.   I wouldn't waste any money on the trip I would just stay a few weeks while I am there. Mother could fly back to her place and I will stay in Manila and have a mini vacation.  It's just the flight is so long.

I think you're totally misinformed, to put it nicely. 

Probably your wife hasn't petitioned for her because her mother doesn't want to live in US. Most old people don't want to make life changing decision, well in their twilight years. Very many reasons why they wouldn't want that. I don't want to go into specifics. 

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

5 minutes ago, Timona said:

And just to add, even if she interviewed on Monday AND approved, you all aren't making it to Cancun by Wednesday. 

Approved visas are returned by post/ DHL. She may also go unto AP, you never know. 

Too many holes with your plans. I suggest you plan wisely. 

The Cancun trip would be a no go, No biggie there I booked thru Costco Travel it ain't the first trip to Cancun I have cancelled thru them, it only like $200 airfare each person you get penalized if you don't rebook, no biggie there, I am semi retired so I can travel anytime I want.

I am not concerned about AP or when she actually get visa in hand, I just wanted to attend interview with her and she my sister in law can fly home and wait for visa delivery.

I am not planning on flying her to USA until April, My wife is starting some class in a few weeks and will be tied up until December and it's too cold to bring her here in Winter time, I want her here for spring when the weather is great.  

12 minutes ago, Boiler said:

I have changed my mind, go for it.

I am debating right now, Flight time length and time change is the killer part.  15 hour from USA to Korea, and then 5 more hours to Manila would be my pain to suffer.

My other thought is let her Interview which is on tuesday, if she gets a no, then apply again and then I fly and attend and plan it out better.  I wasn't expecting  her to get a interview so darn fast.

Now the Embassy starting September 27th you have to go to some place in Manila I think they are calling it a Visa Application Center, they make you go there and do fingerprints before you can schedule and interivew.  That would mean flying her and sister in law to Manila just for fingerprints, probably put up in a hotel for a day and fly back home, then wait for a interview and fly back to Manila get hotel again, which to me is silly.

19 minutes ago, Timona said:

I think you're totally misinformed, to put it nicely. 

Probably your wife hasn't petitioned for her because her mother doesn't want to live in US. Most old people don't want to make life changing decision, well in their twilight years. Very many reasons why they wouldn't want that. I don't want to go into specifics. 

I 100% agree old people don't want to change, that is why it's major asset and the main reason in my opinion why old people are approved so easily for tourist visas from Philippines. Plus her Father in law is still alive, and they have 4 other daughters living in Philippines, she don't want to leave her family.

In case you didn't know CO are the ones whom will determine if the US Citizen is allowed to be part of the interview, When I did mine he even asked me a few questions, but never asked me to be sworn in.

I hear if you show up and do a marriage visa interview, the CO will not let you attend the actual interview, but K1's they usually allow it.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
1 hour ago, DELTAFOXTROT said:

Do you think it's worth it me flying over there this weekend, Tickets are available and average price. I feel confident she will pass about 85% due to high success rate for older people getting tourist visa approved from Philippines.

The US Embassy is very accommodating to US Citizens, and when I did my K1 interview they had a seperate line for American Citizens that I could enter so we didn't have to wait in line, and I think I was the only American there that day. VIP treatment.

My issue is we are supposed to fly to Cancun Wednesday.  My wife is too timid and shy, but me I am tall and outgoing and gregarious and people tend to like me. Plus I am sure they haven't seen very many if any Americans show up for a tourist visa interview, but if they ask a question like "Why do you want to go to the USA", I would just raise my hand, or if they ask "Who is Paying", I will just raise my hand.

My last interview for K1 the CO was so cool and seemed happy for us passing, he was really cool and we were the last interview of the day, and I saw him leaving the US Embassy in front of the Embassy and he was still giving us congratulations.

Would not help her at all, the VIsitors Visa is all about your Mother and her ties to her home there.

And your most likley wont be allowed in to attend her interview.

Formally Beth & Achraf,    Lost my sign in details.

Been here a Veryyyyy Long time. 

MY HUSBAND'S :   N-400  APPLIED FOR CITIZENSHIP:    Interview will be Houston Tx office.

Mailed:  11/13/2023

Delivered to USCIS Lock Box:  11/15/2023

Credit Card payment processed:  11-16-2023

Received Receipt #   via Text:  11-17-2023

I-797C Receipt received:  11-27-2023

Biometrics  will be reused per letter: 11-27-2023

04/09/2024:     INTERVIEW SCHEDULED :  HOUSTON OFFICE: MAY 14 2024   ♥

05/14/2024:     N-400 Interview   APPROVED  

June 5th, 2024:   OATH DAY:       

June 5th 2024:  My husband became a US Citizen ♥♥   1, 474 New US Citizens sworn in- Houston, Tx. 

The End of a Very long journey! 

looney tunes i might have miss a th in there GIF

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A.O.S.  FROM EXPIRED VISITORS VISA:

Sent: 9/12/16: I-130 + I-485 + I-765 (USPS)

Delivered: Sept. 15th 2016 to Chicago Lock Box

Interview Feb  21st, 2018 for I-485

Interview  May 13th, 2019 for I-130 Stokes interview ( 5 minutes)

NOID issued May 17th 2019

June 5th,2019   USCIS received my response per NOID,   Addressed the NOID myself, No lawyer ever used in case.

July 1st, 2019  10 YEAR GREEN CARD APPROVED

July 5th, 2019   Approval letters for I-130 & I-485 received in the USPS  mail.

July 11th 2019   Green Card in Hand

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

In case you didn't know CO are the ones whom will determine if the US Citizen is allowed to be part of the interview, When I did mine he even asked me a few questions, but never asked me to be sworn in.

I hear if you show up and do a marriage visa interview, the CO will not let you attend the actual interview, but K1's they usually allow it.

Things changed during the pandemic and have not changed back... My fiancee just had her K-1 visa interview in August. Partners are no longer allowed to attend the interview. It is not up to the consular officer anymore, it is consulate policy that there are only two exceptions for accompanying persons. This is from the US Embassy Manila website for interview prep...

2024-09-27_08-45-45.png

K1 Visa
EventDate

Service Center :California Service Center

Transferred?No

Consulate :Manila, Philippines

I-129F Sent :2023-09-16

I-129F NOA1 :2023-09-20

I-129F RFE(s) :2024-05-20

RFE Reply(s) :2024-06-01

I-129F NOA2 :2024-06-11

NVC Received :2024-06-18

Date Case #, IIN, and BIN assigned :2024-07-01

NVC Left :2024-07-16

Consulate Received :2024-07-18

Packet 3 Received :2024-07-28

Packet 3 Sent :2024-07-28

Interview Date :2024-08-13 icon13.gif Submit Review

Interview Result : Approved!!

Visa Received : 2024-08-20

US Entry : 2024-08-30

Marriage : 2024-10-25

Comments :

Processing Estimates/Stats :Your I-129f was approved in 265 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 328 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

Timeline

Oranges and apples don't mix. 

Well, if you decided to go, please come back and update us if they allowed you in the embassy for MIL B-2.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.