ABodden

RFE for I-751 Questions

14 posts in this topic

Hi all,

My husband and I finally received something back from USCIS and unfortunately it's an RFE. I have a few questions and hoping to get answers quickly as the deadline is coming up and I need to send it asap (time got away from me.)

The first time we sent in, I provided our lease (ended up buying a house while waiting for processing & we did update our address online), two of our close friends wrote affidavits for our marriage, our W-2 and bank statements to show we have a joint account, and ultrasound pictures of our son because I was pregnant at the time along with a copy of my baby shower invite since it was already scheduled. 

#1. Do I need to send in our most recent bank statements and other things we've already sent again?

This time I will be sending the following:

• Deed to our house
  • Our son's birth certificate
  • Most recent W-2s because it will show we filed together and our new address

#2. Do you think I should send more or should this suffice?

The coversheet they sent has options to check such as, a new G-28, Additional fees, Additional forms, and Other.

#3. Are there additional fees for sending in more evidence (doesn't mention it on the letter besides this option) and should I include additional forms? If so, which ones?

We do plan to add a new G-1145, but not sure if it is necessary... Thanks in advance!

Edited by ABodden
added more information

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
6 minutes ago, ABodden said:

Hi all,

My husband and I finally received something back from USCIS and unfortunately it's an RFE. I have a few questions and hoping to get answers quickly as the deadline is coming up and I need to send it asap (time got away from me.)

The first time we sent in, I provided our lease (ended up buying a house while waiting for processing & we did update our address online), two of our close friends wrote affidavits for our marriage, our W-2 and bank statements to show we have a joint account, and ultrasound pictures of our son because I was pregnant at the time along with a copy of my baby shower invite since it was already scheduled. 

#1. Do I need to send in our most recent bank statements and other things we've already sent again?

• Deed to our house

The coversheet they sent has options to check such as, a new G-28, Additional fees, Additional forms, and Other.

#3. Are there additional fees for sending in more evidence (doesn't mention it on the letter besides this option) and should I include additional forms? If so, which ones?

We do plan to add a new G-1145, but not sure if it is necessary... Thanks in advance!

It will help  if you give us the exact wording request of the RFE please   You can post a pic of it with the personal details redacted if that’s easiest 

46 minutes ago, ABodden said:

Hi all,

• Deed to our house

G-1145 wouldn't be applicable here.

No payment is requires other than certified mail / courier mail.

When did you file I-751? 

6 minutes ago, OldUser said:

G-1145 wouldn't be applicable here.

No payment is requires other than certified mail / courier mail.

When did you file I-751? 

February 2022.

1 hour ago, ABodden said:

Hi all,

• Deed to our house

20240926_223832.jpg

20240926_223857.jpg

20240926_223919.jpg

1 hour ago, Lil bear said:

It will help  if you give us the exact wording request of the RFE please   You can post a pic of it with the personal details redacted if that’s easiest 

I quoted my main post with pictures. I don't get how they said I didn't provide evidence of us residing together when I sent a lease with both of our names on it. My only thought is maybe because we moved and updated the address, they could think my husband moved and I didn't?.. We have already talked to our lawyer (PI lawyer because of a car accident, she also does estate planning) but we won't get that done before this is due so I can't send that. Neither of our jobs offer health insurance currently, so I can't send that either. 

17 minutes ago, OldUser said:

Adjudicator probably wants to seee fresh evidence given it's been over 2 years now.

But posting redacted RFE here would help

I quoted my main post with pictures.

3 minutes ago, ABodden said:

I quoted my main post with pictures. I don't get how they said I didn't provide evidence of us residing together when I sent a lease with both of our names on it. My only thought is maybe because we moved and updated the address, they could think my husband moved and I didn't?.. We have already talked to our lawyer (PI lawyer because of a car accident, she also does estate planning) but we won't get that done before this is due so I can't send that. Neither of our jobs offer health insurance currently, so I can't send that either. 

When you moved, were both AR-11 and I-865 filed?

When you filed I-751 did you provide copies of IDs / DLs showing same address?

Did you send all pages for bank statements? Did you send monthly statements, quarterly or just a few random ones?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
5 minutes ago, ABodden said:

Look for solid evidence of cohabitating and mingling of finances 

Lease with both names

utility bills in joint names where possible. 
bank accounts - joint 

make your wills with each other as executer and beneficiary 

Drivers licences with same address 

1 minute ago, OldUser said:

When you moved, were both AR-11 and I-865 filed?

When you filed I-751 did you provide copies of IDs / DLs showing same address?

Did you send all pages for bank statements? Did you send monthly statements, quarterly or just a few random ones?

We didn't do AR-11 because we used the self service online tool. I didn't even know that I had to file the I-865... I remember sending copies of our DLs with the same address. I'm guessing I should send new ones since we moved and they have our new address. I sent all bank statement pages for one month, I think. I'm trying to find my copy but I may have misplaced it because it's not with my original K1 application copy.

6 minutes ago, ABodden said:

We didn't do AR-11 because we used the self service online tool. I didn't even know that I had to file the I-865... I remember sending copies of our DLs with the same address. I'm guessing I should send new ones since we moved and they have our new address. I sent all bank statement pages for one month, I think. I'm trying to find my copy but I may have misplaced it because it's not with my original K1 application copy.

One month of statements is clearly not enough. In this case, I recommend sending everything you have, including full joint bank statements since the beginning of marriage until now. Plus all previous and current leases and other great evidence you mentioned such as son's birth certificate, deed etc.

The bets are, if you sent them all the monthly statements initially, you could have been approved now instead of receiving RFE.

Edited by OldUser

14 minutes ago, Lil bear said:

Look for solid evidence of cohabitating and mingling of finances 

Lease with both names

utility bills in joint names where possible. 
bank accounts - joint 

make your wills with each other as executer and beneficiary 

Drivers licences with same address 

Okay I will. Also, for the "Important:..." portion right under "Request for Evidence", are they talking about this notice specifically needs to be returned to them along with everything else I send?

9 minutes ago, OldUser said:

One month of statements is clearly not enough. In this case, I recommend sending everything you have, including full joint bank statements since the beginning of marriage until now. Plus all previous and current leases and other great evidence you mentioned such as son's birth certificate, deed etc.

Okay! Thank you for your quick responses! I'm so grateful, you have no clue.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.