Dragonsarereal

Vaccine documents added after moving to the USA - do they need a Civil Servant or not? And more...

31 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi all!

Well, we made it, got the K1 VISA after a successful medical and moved to the USA from the UK.

As it was March 2024, when we did the medical, flu vaccine was not available, and Covid was not unless one was 75+

Also, the medical team accepted my photos with my daughter while she suffered from varicella (Chicken pox) and wrote down 'history of the disease' thus she didn't have the varicella jab.

Move on to September, she is going to high school in Wyoming and the nurse asks for more jabs.

She wants her to repeat the Tdap as her last one in 2024 was an adult dose and thus missed Pertussis (whooping cough).

But over here nobody has Pertussis alone as a jab. Plus the pharmacist told me that unless he has a letter from the doctor saying it is safe, he won't administer another Tdap before the 7-10 years have passed from the last jab. But the nurse insists. She also ignored the clear photos of chicken pox on my daughter's body and said they 'appear to be chicken pox' but she needs a doctor to confirm that. However I cannot log into NHS anymore to log up my old notes and sure enough we did not bring her to the surgery with an infectious disease, so I doubt there is anything there.

I got the chicken pox vaccine a week  before she was born and I got a huge herpes rash on my face right away and I would rather she doesn't go through that.

What could we do?

We just got our Covid Jabs yesterday. Last month I asked a local Civil Servant doctor how much it would cost to add to our medical that we both had the jabs (and soon the flu one).

She asked for $350 EACH.

I almost fainted. Just to copy one line? So I looked at all the threads here and one said that it is actually *not* necessary to bring that to the civil servant, just send over or bring the new vaccine documents.

We had our biometrics weeks ago and waiting time is 5 months according to USCIS.

so...did you have a similar experience and managed to pass the full medical in the USAwithout all these troubles?

As for school requests, the nurse told me I could request a religious or medical exemption to the state. But I might need a primary doctor for that and I am still looking for a good one.

So confused!

Thanks for any tips!

If the DS3025 is MARKED complete and IS complete, no revaccination nor compeltion of any vaccination series is required in the US unless your adjudicator requests via RFE (due to their ignorance) and provided you FILE I485 within one year of the OG overseas medical exam.

Those are the facts that matter which you haven't mentioned.

(I did not read your whole post).

Edited by K1visaHopeful

Timeline

Hi,

Unfortunately I'm not sure of the answer to your query but I'm sure someone on here will. I did want to ask you though if the Civil Servant Doctor has said you must get the Flu vaccine or whether it is something that you are getting because it is coming up to Flu season?

Just asking as I am getting the Flu vaccine through my employer in just over 2 weeks. I had my Covid vaccine a few weeks after my medical where I sent over my proof of vaccination to Visa Medicals and they updated my file before sending over to the embassy.

Hope you can help!

18 minutes ago, SL2024 said:

Hi,

Unfortunately I'm not sure of the answer to your query but I'm sure someone on here will. I did want to ask you though if the Civil Servant Doctor has said you must get the Flu vaccine or whether it is something that you are getting because it is coming up to Flu season?

It's Civil Surgeon, not Servant.

Edited by OldUser

13 minutes ago, SL2024 said:

It's Civil Surgeon, not Sugeon.

Fill out your completely blank VJ timeline please. Your reciprocity is appreciated. 

Timeline

hi all, no sure how to reply specifically as this site is always slightly confusing for me, so here are my comments. My medical has an extra sheet saying clearly that I need further vaccinations, and I also signed a document saying that I know that and I will provide them later. For Covid they wrote D as deferred. Under flu though they wrote K1 under the date, and nothing else. Not sure what that means! And sorry for totally messing up the name of Civil Surgeons ha ha! In the UK Civil Servants can be lawyers, doctors etc

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline
2 hours ago, Dragonsarereal said:

Move on to September, she is going to high school in Wyoming and the nurse asks for more jabs.

She wants her to repeat the Tdap as her last one in 2024 was an adult dose and thus missed Pertussis (whooping cough).

But over here nobody has Pertussis alone as a jab. Plus the pharmacist told me that unless he has a letter from the doctor saying it is safe, he won't administer another Tdap before the 7-10 years have passed from the last jab. But the nurse insists. She also ignored the clear photos of chicken pox on my daughter's body and said they 'appear to be chicken pox' but she needs a doctor to confirm that. However I cannot log into NHS anymore to log up my old notes and sure enough we did not bring her to the surgery with an infectious disease, so I doubt there is anything there.

I got the chicken pox vaccine a week  before she was born and I got a huge herpes rash on my face right away and I would rather she doesn't go through that.

Pretty much any nearby lab should be able to perform a Tdap titer test and determine if she has the required antibodies or not, same for varicella/chicken pox. As for whether it is safe or not to do an extra Tdap I'd defer to what the primary care doctor says.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Your post is a bit confusing, but the first thing to realize is that school requirements and immigration requirements are not the same.  As mentioned above, if your DS-3025 is marked "complete" then there is a reasonable chance that you won't need anything else to satisfy USCIS.

As for the school vaccines, that is what is confusing.  First, I think you mean your daughter got Td, not Tdap, since Tdap includes pertussis.  Why she would have gotten just Td is a mystery.  I am also confused why the pharmacist thinks it is a problem to give a Tdap dose, since the recommended interval for dose 1 to dose 2 is only 4 weeks, and dose 2 to 3 is 6 months.  I went through getting K-2 kids vaxxed for school a few years ago.  We just took our DS-3025 (a copy of course) and had them add the new vaccines to that so they would all be listed together.  As for chicken pox, I think your choices will be getting the vaccine or getting a titer to prove immunity.  Nobody should be looking at pictures to confirm chicken pox history.

Timeline
1 hour ago, J.M. said:

Your post is a bit confusing, but the first thing to realize is that school requirements and immigration requirements are not the same.  As mentioned above, if your DS-3025 is marked "complete" then there is a reasonable chance that you won't need anything else to satisfy USCIS.

As for the school vaccines, that is what is confusing.  First, I think you mean your daughter got Td, not Tdap, since Tdap includes pertussis.  Why she would have gotten just Td is a mystery.  I am also confused why the pharmacist thinks it is a problem to give a Tdap dose, since the recommended interval for dose 1 to dose 2 is only 4 weeks, and dose 2 to 3 is 6 months.  I went through getting K-2 kids vaxxed for school a few years ago.  We just took our DS-3025 (a copy of course) and had them add the new vaccines to that so they would all be listed together.  As for chicken pox, I think your choices will be getting the vaccine or getting a titer to prove immunity.  Nobody should be looking at pictures to confirm chicken pox history.

thanks! Yes we will do just that. We never knew that in the UK she would get the adult dose of tetanus etc which was missing something!

3 hours ago, Dragonsarereal said:

hi all, no sure how to reply specifically as this site is always slightly confusing for me, so here are my comments. My medical has an extra sheet saying clearly that I need further vaccinations, and I also signed a document saying that I know that and I will provide them later. For Covid they wrote D as deferred. Under flu though they wrote K1 under the date, and nothing else. Not sure what that means! And sorry for totally messing up the name of Civil Surgeons ha ha! In the UK Civil Servants can be lawyers, doctors etc

Please read the checkbox on your DS3025 for self clarity.

First page. Bottom left.

"K visa applicant voluntary completed vaccination requirements" will be checked if complete. What you have explained/extra pages (the DS3025 Vaccination record has 2 pages)/disclaimer needing to do more vaccines could simply be a doctor's RECOMMENDATIONS and have nothing to do with immigration. 

Only your adjudicator will be able to clarify whether your Panel Physician completed the form adequately. They do have guidelines that they must adhere to when judging the PPs ability to fill it out correctly. You can read through those guidelines in the USCIS manual for vaccination requirements. 

Please also indicate clearer if you are asking about immigration or everyday life living in the US (school vaccinations) so your thread can be moved to the correct forum. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
7 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

Please read the checkbox on your DS3025 for self clarity.

First page. Bottom left.

"K visa applicant voluntary completed vaccination requirements" will be checked if complete. What you have explained/extra pages (the DS3025 Vaccination record has 2 pages)/disclaimer needing to do more vaccines could simply be a doctor's RECOMMENDATIONS and have nothing to do with immigration.

The DS-3025 is 2 pages now.  The "complete" box is on page 2.

2 minutes ago, J.M. said:

The DS-3025 is 2 pages now.  The "complete" box is on page 2.

Amazeballs! 

So the checkbox is now on page 2 of the 2 pages I stated instead of page 1 of the 2 pages I stated.

Still shouldn't be too hard to self clarify for the OP then.

Timeline

we thought that the immigration vaccines were done so we could be safe in every day life including school. Also the USCIS has not explained at what point I am to give them my medical documents with all the results and jabs?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.