Morgan Tooke

RFE - Timeline

8 posts in this topic

Hi there,

Our k1 application was approved however we did not receive our NOA2.

After two weeks we submitted a request on the USCIS website for more info and then were sent an RFE even though our case had already been approved?!

We sent in all our documents for our RFE on the 20th of sep and haven't heard anything yet.

Does anyone know how long an RFE notice usually takes to process and how long for them to send or update the case online to show they have received our RFE docs?

Thanks

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

When did you receive approval? 

Are you able to share what the RFE requested? It may be that you received an approval in error and your inquiry triggered a revision on your petition.

Generally speaking, expecting a response to an RFE within 5 days is way too soon. For us, it was approx. a 2 month wait, but depending on the nature of their request it could be longer.

[I-129F to K1] 

I-129F Filed: 2024-04-03 

NOA1: 2024-04-17

RFE: 2024-06-05

NOA2: 2024-08-02

USCIS to NVC: 2024-08-28

NVC to Embassy: 2024-09-24

Embassy Received: 

Medical:

Interview:

Visa Received: 

POE:

Married:

Timeline

I've seen people wait anywhere from a few days to several months for approval after an rfe.

Most recent I've seen was about a week ago and they waited 76 days from evidence being sent to uscis, to approval.

It is also not uncommon for cases to say approved then get an rfe.

No way to know for sure, every case is different. 

I-129F Journey! ❤️

Package sent: 02 March 2024

NOA1 Received: 04 March 2024

NOA2 Approval: 23 August 2024

Physical NOA2 Received: 04 September 2024

Sent to State:

NVC Case Created:

Case In Transit:

Case Ready:

Medical:

Interview:

Visa in Hand:

Flight:

Timeline

I still agree with smilingstone, it's still too soon; your OP states the evidence was sent on 20th Sept, that isn't even a week ago.

This doesn't mean your case is approved, the approval status was most likely an admin error on their behalf, if they requested evidence they'll need time to process that accordingly. 

It could take several weeks or even longer for them to even acknowledge/ officially update the status as "received" evidence. It is usually within a month, but can take longer, there is no way to know. Then, potentially even longer for them to process and assess that along with your case. It varies from case to case and there is no way to specify or narrow that down; unfortunately you just have to wait.

As smilingstone said, it can also depend on the nature of the RFE.

Edited by apnzz

I-129F Journey! ❤️

Package sent: 02 March 2024

NOA1 Received: 04 March 2024

NOA2 Approval: 23 August 2024

Physical NOA2 Received: 04 September 2024

Sent to State:

NVC Case Created:

Case In Transit:

Case Ready:

Medical:

Interview:

Visa in Hand:

Flight:

Timeline
3 hours ago, Morgan Tooke said:

We received our approval on the 6th of sep.

Did you receive any type of confirmation or any indication that they had received your RFE documents? I know we're expecting a good month or two for an approval but just want to know that they have definitely received.

Yes, you will get an update on the USCIS tracker that states they have received your RFE response. 

[I-129F to K1] 

I-129F Filed: 2024-04-03 

NOA1: 2024-04-17

RFE: 2024-06-05

NOA2: 2024-08-02

USCIS to NVC: 2024-08-28

NVC to Embassy: 2024-09-24

Embassy Received: 

Medical:

Interview:

Visa Received: 

POE:

Married:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Our I-129F was approved within 3 days of USCIS receiving our RFE response, however our RFE was a simple one, we were just missing one document. It all depends on the nature of the RFE on how quickly they will approve your case after receiving the response.

K1 Visa
EventDate

Service Center :California Service Center

Transferred?No

Consulate :Manila, Philippines

I-129F Sent :2023-09-16

I-129F NOA1 :2023-09-20

I-129F RFE(s) :2024-05-20

RFE Reply(s) :2024-06-01

I-129F NOA2 :2024-06-11

NVC Received :2024-06-18

Date Case #, IIN, and BIN assigned :2024-07-01

NVC Left :2024-07-16

Consulate Received :2024-07-18

Packet 3 Received :2024-07-28

Packet 3 Sent :2024-07-28

Interview Date :2024-08-13 icon13.gif Submit Review

Interview Result : Approved!!

Visa Received : 2024-08-20

US Entry : 2024-08-30

Marriage : 2024-10-25

Comments :

Processing Estimates/Stats :Your I-129f was approved in 265 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 328 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

4 minutes ago, Edward and Jaycel said:

Our I-129F was approved within 3 days of USCIS receiving our RFE response, however our RFE was a simple one, we were just missing one document. It all depends on the nature of the RFE on how quickly they will approve your case after receiving the response.

Yeah.. mine took only 2 weeks... it was fast... I think in some cases if USCIS,sees some kind fraud.. then RFEs.. can take longer

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.