bm765

I-134 Co-Sponsor Help

3 posts in this topic

My fiancé’s dad is going to be our cosponsor. He’s filling out the I-134 and we had some questions about the financial information for him. I truly don’t understand the way they file taxes in the US, so please forgive me if these are daft.

He files his taxes with my fiancés mum - should she be included as a person in question 14? His dad is the one filling out the form, but on their taxes they are both listed, though she does have her own income. ie. would he write his name and income and then add hers below as they are on their tax return together?

As for assets, does he need to list their bank accounts or can we leave them blank? They make $175k together annually, which we can show as we have copies of their last 3 years of 1040s. Do I need tax transcripts instead?

May be a graphic of blueprint and text

2 minutes ago, OldUser said:

In case they make $175K a year and have no other dependants, they don't need to list assets.

Tax return transcipts are always preferred. They're downloadable from IRS website for free.

Thanks so much for your reply!

Would I list his wife for question 14 as her income is on their tax return also, even though his dad is the one sponsoring me? 

We will list N/A for assets and I'll ask to get a copy of the return transcripts. Therefore, for his father I will have 3 years of tax return transcripts, 3 years of 1040s, an I-134 and a copy of his passport biopage. Is that enough do you think?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.