7 posts in this topic

Hello all, 

some help needed as per medicals. 
Mine is already 6 months this week since I did my medical, and almost 6months since the interview. There is currently no change in my tracker status as regards expiration of my medical. 
Would the embassy notify me of my medical expiration? Please advise how it works. 
status still stuck on READY for months, with most recent date update last week. 
Do I just wait for contact? 

I don't believe USCIS would inform you that your medical has expired. Your medical must be within 6 months valid not only the day of your visa interview but also for when you enter the United States.

If you still haven't entered the USA you'll have to re-book the medical exam.

Was your visa approved? You only have so long to enter the States on it and it will have an expiry date within your passport. Hopefully you can just re-book a medical then enter so long as your visa is still valid. If it's not though and your visa has expired, you will have to do as instructed in this link.

image.png.66a2dd67162f667403364a7edcd78264.png

https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visa-faqs/medical-examination-2/

Edited by Melancholic Mage

1 minute ago, Melancholic Mage said:

I don't believe USCIS would inform you that your medical has expired. Your medical must be within 6 months valid not only the day of your visa interview but also for when you enter the United States.

If you still haven't entered the USA you'll have to re-book the medical exam.

Was your visa approved? You only have so long to enter the States on it and it will have an expiry date within your passport. Hopefully you can just re-book a medical then enter so long as your visa is still valid. If it's not though and your visa has expired, you may have to restart the whole visa process from scratch starting with the I-130... but I hope a more seasoned user can back me up on that.

https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visa-faqs/medical-examination-2/

Hello, many thanks for your kind input. 
My visa is not approved yet. Still on ready status. I had thought the medical only valid 6months after it is done? 
what does visa expire means and starting all over again ? My interview was done in April. 

So you've had your interview in April but you haven't received your visa yet? Is that right? 

The medical is only valid for 6 months from the date it was performed. You will have to do it again if it's been over 6 months as it would have expired.

Starting all over again I mean as in if you don't enter the USA with your visa before it expires, as well as the medical being expired as well, you'll have to do what's in the link I posted above and request that your visa be re-issued. If the consular officer decides you didn't have a valid reason for not travelling when your visa was valid, you may have to start the whole process all over again starting with the I-130. But I would wait for a more experienced member than myself to confirm that.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

They will ask you to redo the Medical

I would be more concerned as to why you have been waiting so long.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

2 hours ago, Melancholic Mage said:

So you've had your interview in April but you haven't received your visa yet? Is that right? 

The medical is only valid for 6 months from the date it was performed. You will have to do it again if it's been over 6 months as it would have expired.

Starting all over again I mean as in if you don't enter the USA with your visa before it expires, as well as the medical being expired as well, you'll have to do what's in the link I posted above and request that your visa be re-issued. If the consular officer decides you didn't have a valid reason for not travelling when your visa was valid, you may have to start the whole process all over again starting with the I-130. But I would wait for a more experienced member than myself to confirm that.

Yea interview since April and have received my visa yet. 
would the embassy contact me to let me know the medical has expired or I just go do a new one without their advise ? 
thanks I got the last part on starting over when issued visa

36 minutes ago, Boiler said:

They will ask you to redo the Medical

I would be more concerned as to why you have been waiting so long.

Ok many thanks. Will await their advise. 
it is indeed frustrating as status has for many months been stuck on READY. Continued inquiries and even senator’s intervention haven’t yielded any results. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.