KJ2024

From USCIS to NVC

37 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mozambique
Timeline
1 minute ago, apnzz said:

Notice date and case sent to the Department of State date are 2 different things.

I got my noa2 on August 22.

The dates on the NVC website where they are working on are cases that have been received by them. 

They won't have received it if USCIS hasn't even sent it yet. 

Currently it's around 5 weeks after approval date to actually get sent to department of state.

2 weeks from the day your case updates as "case sent to state" you can do PI and see if they have it.

Thank you, apnzz! 

Notice date and case sent to the Department of State date are 2 different things.

The dates on the NVC website where they are working on are cases that have been received by them. 

Currently it's around 5 weeks after approval date to actually get sent to department of state.

2 weeks from the day your case updates as "case sent to state" you can do PI and see if they have it.

Thank you, apnzz! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

FYI.... My USCIS case status said they sent my approved petition to the State Department on June 11th (4 days after my NOA2 arrived in the mail and 10 days after the approved date on the NOA2. However, that change in status did not appear on my USCIS online account until June 28th. So if you wait a week to 10 days between inquiries to the NVC it will be fine. I did my first one on June 21st and my second one on July 1st which is the one where they gave me our case number.

K1 Visa
EventDate

Service Center :California Service Center

Transferred?No

Consulate :Manila, Philippines

I-129F Sent :2023-09-16

I-129F NOA1 :2023-09-20

I-129F RFE(s) :2024-05-20

RFE Reply(s) :2024-06-01

I-129F NOA2 :2024-06-11

NVC Received :2024-06-18

Date Case #, IIN, and BIN assigned :2024-07-01

NVC Left :2024-07-16

Consulate Received :2024-07-18

Packet 3 Received :2024-07-28

Packet 3 Sent :2024-07-28

Interview Date :2024-08-13 icon13.gif Submit Review

Interview Result : Approved!!

Visa Received : 2024-08-20

US Entry : 2024-08-30

Marriage : 2024-10-25

Comments :

Processing Estimates/Stats :Your I-129f was approved in 265 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 328 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

Timeline

Thank you, apnzz! Do you think you’ll be reunited with your partner before the new year? Is it crazy to be hopeful it’s possible? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
21 minutes ago, Julsia said:

Thank you, apnzz! Do you think you’ll be reunited with your partner before the new year? Is it crazy to be hopeful it’s possible? 

Not with my visa, no not in our situation.

I already have a visit planned for thanksgiving because thanksgiving falls on my birthday this year so I have a flight then to spend it with my fiancé. 

With how slow things are going I would guess / estimate perhaps my case being Ready at embassy in mid November. Then UK interviews are around 4 weeks wait. 

So if I skipped / missed my trip for thanksgiving then sure I'd perhaps have a chance at being there before Christmas. But since I've never had a birthday where we are physically together, it's always been long distance, we don't want to skip that. So given our circumstances I doubt I'd have enough time to go back after thanksgiving, do medical and interview and get my visa delivered before Christmas.

Since it is going so slowly, and we have that birthday visit planned,our plan is to do the interview after Christmas. Probably get the visa in Jan.

I-129F Journey! ❤️

Package sent: 02 March 2024

NOA1 Received: 04 March 2024

NOA2 Approval: 23 August 2024

Physical NOA2 Received: 04 September 2024

Sent to State:

NVC Case Created:

Case In Transit:

Case Ready:

Medical:

Interview:

Visa in Hand:

Flight:

Timeline
6 hours ago, apnzz said:

Not with my visa, no not in our situation.

I already have a visit planned for thanksgiving because thanksgiving falls on my birthday this year so I have a flight then to spend it with my fiancé. 

With how slow things are going I would guess / estimate perhaps my case being Ready at embassy in mid November. Then UK interviews are around 4 weeks wait. 

So if I skipped / missed my trip for thanksgiving then sure I'd perhaps have a chance at being there before Christmas. But since I've never had a birthday where we are physically together, it's always been long distance, we don't want to skip that. So given our circumstances I doubt I'd have enough time to go back after thanksgiving, do medical and interview and get my visa delivered before Christmas.

Since it is going so slowly, and we have that birthday visit planned,our plan is to do the interview after Christmas. Probably get the visa in Jan.

Happy to hear you will get to spend part of the holidays and birthday with your fiancé. Wishing you the best of luck! 

I’m still holding onto hope that there’s a chance my fiancé can be here by Christmas. We were wanting an NYE wedding. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
57 minutes ago, Julsia said:

Happy to hear you will get to spend part of the holidays and birthday with your fiancé. Wishing you the best of luck! 

I’m still holding onto hope that there’s a chance my fiancé can be here by Christmas. We were wanting an NYE wedding. 

Thank you, you too!!

Definitely depends on interview availability. According to VJ data for Mozambique people had around 2 months from consulate received to interview date but there isn't much recent info from what it shows.

Good luck!  

I-129F Journey! ❤️

Package sent: 02 March 2024

NOA1 Received: 04 March 2024

NOA2 Approval: 23 August 2024

Physical NOA2 Received: 04 September 2024

Sent to State:

NVC Case Created:

Case In Transit:

Case Ready:

Medical:

Interview:

Visa in Hand:

Flight:

Timeline
1 hour ago, apnzz said:

Thank you, you too!!

Definitely depends on interview availability. According to VJ data for Mozambique people had around 2 months from consulate received to interview date but there isn't much recent info from what it shows.

Good luck!  

It is my understanding that Mozambique does not process K1 visas. My beneficiary will be going to South Africa for the interview and medical appointment. From our research, it seems to take about 1 month to get an interview in SA. I appreciate you looking out on our behalf. 

Edited by Julsia

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.