mico1989Athens

I-130 approved, please guide me for next step

8 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline

Dear community, 

I had a pending I130 for 17 months and last month I got notification for approval for I130.
I129(K3) got denied 3 weeks later.

So our I130 got approved, and K3 (I129) got denied in same month.
we did not recieve any email or communication from NVC. we only recieved approval notice for I130 and denial notice for I129.

Approval notice says my case will be transferred to NVC.

I can't afford a lawyer so this site is my only source, i really thank you the community.
Please if anyone can help me with following:

1 - What can I prepare while waiting for the welcome letter from NVC? Should I start filling out any forms/documents? Should I start collecting any documents?
2 - Who will get the welcome email? is it going to be my husband overseas (beneficiary) or me(US citizen) in the usa? is it a physical mail or email?
3 - How long does it take to get NVC letter after I130 approval (just an idea, i know it changes but is it usually months?)

Thank you so much in advance
Mona,

Edited by mico1989Athens

2 minutes ago, mico1989Athens said:

Dear community, 

I had a pending I130 for 17 months and last month I got notification for approval for I130.
I129(K3) got denied 3 weeks later.

So our I130 got approved, and K3 (I129) got denied in same month.

Approval notice says my case will be transferred to NVC.

I can't afford a lawyer so this site is my only source, i really thank you the community.
Please if anyone can help me with following:

1 - What can I prepare while waiting for the welcome letter from NVC? Should I start filling out any forms/documents? Should I start collecting any documents?
2 - Who will get the welcome email? is it going to be my husband overseas (beneficiary) or me(US citizen) in the usa? is it a physical mail or email?
3 - How long does it take to get NVC letter after I130 approval (just an idea, i know it changes but is it usually months?)

Thank you so much in advance
Mona,

Everything you need to know is on this website - https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/step-1-submit-a-petition/step-2-begin-nvc-processing.html

You can start gathering the required documents (set out in that link), the welcome letter is sent via email, and the processing times for the welcome letter are here - https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/nvc-timeframes.html 

Good luck. 

Edited by appleblossom

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
2 hours ago, appleblossom said:

Everything you need to know is on this website - https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/step-1-submit-a-petition/step-2-begin-nvc-processing.html

You can start gathering the required documents (set out in that link), the welcome letter is sent via email, and the processing times for the welcome letter are here - https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/nvc-timeframes.html 

Good luck. 

I would just add, you should check your email carefully, including spam folder.  Also verify your correct email address was included in your I-130 filing.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline
1 hour ago, pushbrk said:

I would just add, you should check your email carefully, including spam folder.  Also verify your correct email address was included in your I-130 filing.

thank you for the thought. i checked the email of my husband and it looks correct however he didn't receive any email. 

is there a way if we can check welcome email has been sent or not?

is there an expiration date on the email? i just worry they might send it to wrong address or something.

4 hours ago, appleblossom said:

Good luck. 

thank you for reply, does the welcome letter get sent to my husband (beneficiary) or me? 

is there a way if we can check welcome email has been sent or not? (i just worry if they send it to wrong address)

thanks again

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
7 hours ago, mico1989Athens said:

thank you for the thought. i checked the email of my husband and it looks correct however he didn't receive any email. 

is there a way if we can check welcome email has been sent or not?

is there an expiration date on the email? i just worry they might send it to wrong address or something.

thank you for reply, does the welcome letter get sent to my husband (beneficiary) or me? 

is there a way if we can check welcome email has been sent or not? (i just worry if they send it to wrong address)

thanks again

Emails are sent to the petitioner, not the beneficiary.  

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
3 hours ago, pushbrk said:

Actually they get sent to both so maybe it's a recent change. But yes better to keep checking both mailboxes and both spam folders.

They usually take 7-10 days to arrive but it's been quicker or slower for different people

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I know it's a little different as Jaycel and I went through the I-129F / K-1 process... A couple of weeks after our NOA2 arrived, I used the public inquiry form on the website for NVC to ask for our case number and I also gave them both of our email addresses and asked them to update our case file to be sure they had the correct ones. They replied with our case number and that they had updated both of our email addresses. From that point forward, both Jaycel and I received emails for every update in the case, wether it be from NVC with our K1/FTP welcome letter, to the Embassy in Manila with the welcome/packet 3 email to the email saying that the visa was issued and instructions on what to do when she received the yellow packet and how to get her passport out, etc.. To me it's worth taking the time to be sure they have your correct email addresses

K1 Visa
EventDate

Service Center :California Service Center

Transferred?No

Consulate :Manila, Philippines

I-129F Sent :2023-09-16

I-129F NOA1 :2023-09-20

I-129F RFE(s) :2024-05-20

RFE Reply(s) :2024-06-01

I-129F NOA2 :2024-06-11

NVC Received :2024-06-18

Date Case #, IIN, and BIN assigned :2024-07-01

NVC Left :2024-07-16

Consulate Received :2024-07-18

Packet 3 Received :2024-07-28

Packet 3 Sent :2024-07-28

Interview Date :2024-08-13 icon13.gif Submit Review

Interview Result : Approved!!

Visa Received : 2024-08-20

US Entry : 2024-08-30

Marriage : 2024-10-25

Comments :

Processing Estimates/Stats :Your I-129f was approved in 265 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 328 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

Timeline
On 9/19/2024 at 10:01 AM, Edward and Jaycel said:

I know it's a little different as Jaycel and I went through the I-129F / K-1 process... A couple of weeks after our NOA2 arrived, I used the public inquiry form on the website for NVC to ask for our case number and I also gave them both of our email addresses and asked them to update our case file to be sure they had the correct ones. They replied with our case number and that they had updated both of our email addresses. From that point forward, both Jaycel and I received emails for every update in the case, wether it be from NVC with our K1/FTP welcome letter, to the Embassy in Manila with the welcome/packet 3 email to the email saying that the visa was issued and instructions on what to do when she received the yellow packet and how to get her passport out, etc.. To me it's worth taking the time to be sure they have your correct email addresses

On 9/19/2024 at 8:13 AM, n.samuraibear said:

Actually they get sent to both so maybe it's a recent change. But yes better to keep checking both mailboxes and both spam folders.

They usually take 7-10 days to arrive but it's been quicker or slower for different people

On 9/19/2024 at 4:25 AM, pushbrk said:

thank you all, emails have been arrived. thanks again for help.

i am confused about something in the email which i explained here: 

for i130, i was the petitioner. (US citizen)

on nvc state, who is petitioner? can you please review my post?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.