Deklica

How to get information,rhat someone alredy applied for K1 Visa in the past.

16 posts in this topic

Hi everyone. I am new here on the forum and I don't know if I am writing in the proper topic.

I meet an Algerian man online. Of course he wants to marry me. But there is another issue. And i need informat

I talked with one woman about him. This woman tried to bring him on a K1 visa to America, but the visa got rejected. They wanted to marry in the USA. After applying for visa got rejected he got angry and as I understand they split. I don't have much information about them, because this woman was scared a lot. But Algerian man denying all the time that he wanted to marry any kind of woman. And that he never applied for K1 visa. This happened maybe in 2014 till 2016.

So my question is. Can I get somewhere information or anything, that he already applied for K1 visa? Like from USC

I have to mention that I am from Euro

What I really want is to have legal documents so I can prove is scam attending to Europe and USA. 

I will be very grateful for any advice. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

This post is a bit confusing, are you a United States Citizen - you mention you're from Europe, and if he is Algerian and trying to move to the U.S. then there's no way for you to even do k1, the petitioner has to be a US Citizen for the k1 visa

13 minutes ago, Deklica said:

So my question is. Can I get somewhere information or anything, that he already applied for K1 visa? Like from USC

There's no way for you to find out that information as far as I know.

13 minutes ago, Deklica said:

his woman tried to bring him on a K1 visa to America, but the visa got rejected. They wanted to marry in the USA. After applying for visa got rejected he got angry and as I understand they split.

Also, if the petition was rejected/denied, then USCIS already had a reason to do so - they might even already be aware the petition itself was fraudulent in nature or that they were not eligible for the visa.

15 minutes ago, Deklica said:

This happened maybe in 2014 till 2016.

The fact the petition is also from so long ago means that you realistically wouldn't be able to do anything anyway

16 minutes ago, Deklica said:

What I really want is to have legal documents so I can prove is scam attending to Europe and USA

you won't have legal documents to prove if there is any type of scam. The only documents that would be involved in this situation would be the letter USCIS mails out to the US Citizen stating that they have received their petition, then perhaps a potential a letter USCIS would send entailing that there has been a denial/rejection - these would both go to the US Citizen. Even if you had those documents, they don't prove there is a scam or fraud going on. To prove fraud in this situation you'd need actual proof or evidence that the Algerian man was "using" the US Citizen. Since this happened so long ago, the likelihood of this being proved is small.

19 minutes ago, Deklica said:

After applying for visa got rejected he got angry and as I understand they split.

From this alone it seems like he is just trying to get to the US. If you really loved someone and the relationship was genuine why would you get angry and break up with the US Citizen, you'd look at alternatives or try to look at a way forward. I don't know for sure, none of us could 100%... But..

This entire situation is a huge red flag in general, I'd advise to just steer clear of the man entirely. If you suspect these things and this is your thought process then obviously there is some underlying issues there anyway. Clearly there isn't enough trust here in general to be considering marriage.

I-129F Journey! ❤️

Package sent: 02 March 2024

NOA1 Received: 04 March 2024

NOA2 Approval: 23 August 2024

Physical NOA2 Received: 04 September 2024

Sent to State:

NVC Case Created:

Case In Transit:

Case Ready:

Medical:

Interview:

Visa in Hand:

Flight:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

I agree, this is a big red flag, and as you said the visa application was rejected which implies he went to an interview at the consulate and was rejected for the visa by the consulate officer.  If that is the case, he knows why the visa application was denied, and it is not uncommon for K1 applications to be denied from MENA countries.  Since this petition was from another USC, there is no way you can get a copy of that information, so you only have his side of the story.  As this is a social media site devoted to legal immigration, we have no way to determine your relationship with him, but I would be very careful.

Good Luck!

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Timeline

Why are you even considering this? He is clearly using you. 

[I-129F to K1] 

I-129F Filed: 2024-04-03 

NOA1: 2024-04-17

RFE: 2024-06-05

NOA2: 2024-08-02

USCIS to NVC: 2024-08-28

NVC to Embassy: 2024-09-24

Embassy Received: 

Medical:

Interview:

Visa Received: 

POE:

Married:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

***Topic moved to Off-Topic as this is not a US immigration question***

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

1 hour ago, apnzz said:

This post is a bit confusing, are you a United States Citizen - you mention you're from Europe, and if he is Algerian and trying to move to the U.S. then there's no way for you to even do k1, the petitioner has to be a US Citizen for the k1 visa

There's no way for you to find out that information as far as I know.

Also, if the petition was rejected/denied, then USCIS already had a reason to do so - they might even already be aware the petition itself was fraudulent in nature or that they were not eligible for the visa.

The fact the petition is also from so long ago means that you realistically wouldn't be able to do anything anyway

you won't have legal documents to prove if there is any type of scam. The only documents that would be involved in this situation would be the letter USCIS mails out to the US Citizen stating that they have received their petition, then perhaps a potential a letter USCIS would send entailing that there has been a denial/rejection - these would both go to the US Citizen. Even if you had those documents, they don't prove there is a scam or fraud going on. To prove fraud in this situation you'd need actual proof or evidence that the Algerian man was "using" the US Citizen. Since this happened so long ago, the likelihood of this being proved is small.

From this alone it seems like he is just trying to get to the US. If you really loved someone and the relationship was genuine why would you get angry and break up with the US Citizen, you'd look at alternatives or try to look at a way forward. I don't know for sure, none of us could 100%... But..

This entire situation is a huge red flag in general, I'd advise to just steer clear of the man entirely. If you suspect these things and this is your thought process then obviously there is some underlying issues there anyway. Clearly there isn't enough trust here in general to be considering marriage.

Thank you for your answer. 

I am sorry if my post is bit confused. I am European,I don't have USA citizenship. In the post i am addressing USA citizen. And all what I want to know is,if there is way to get legally document if Algerian citizen alredy applied for K1 visa in USA.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Deklica said:

if there is way to get legally document if Algerian citizen alredy applied for K1 visa in USA.

Without a case number, No.

Edited by Crazy Cat

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

56 minutes ago, Dashinka said:

I agree, this is a big red flag, and as you said the visa application was rejected which implies he went to an interview at the consulate and was rejected for the visa by the consulate officer.  If that is the case, he knows why the visa application was denied, and it is not uncommon for K1 applications to be denied from MENA countries.  Since this petition was from another USC, there is no way you can get a copy of that information, so you only have his side of the story.  As this is a social media site devoted to legal immigration, we have no way to determine your relationship with him, but I would be very careful.

Good Luck!

Thank you so much for your answer. All i want is to get information is I as a foreigner (European citizenship) can get a legal document or anything so I can prove that he alredy applied for K1 visa in USA.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
8 minutes ago, Deklica said:

Thank you so much for your answer. All i want is to get information is I as a foreigner (European citizenship) can get a legal document or anything so I can prove that he alredy applied for K1 visa in USA.

If he applied for a K1 at a consulate, he should have filled out a DS160 form, you might see if you can get that from him.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Timeline
31 minutes ago, Deklica said:

As Dashinka said, the only way you would be able to get any proof is asking the Algerian man if you can see/get a copy of his ds-160 that he filled out (if he progressed to the interview stage of the k1 visa process), if he didn't get that far, or if he doesn't have access to his ds-160, or if he simply won't give you it or admit he had it, then no, there is no way for you to get proof of him already applying for a k1 visa.

Either way it's dependent on the Algerian man being honest and telling the truth to provide these documents, if they're available and applicable OR on the woman you mentioned providing you with the relevant USCIS letters in relation to the k1 application. Other than that, there is no way to prove anything.

I-129F Journey! ❤️

Package sent: 02 March 2024

NOA1 Received: 04 March 2024

NOA2 Approval: 23 August 2024

Physical NOA2 Received: 04 September 2024

Sent to State:

NVC Case Created:

Case In Transit:

Case Ready:

Medical:

Interview:

Visa in Hand:

Flight:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Could you explain what you are trying to do, why you need this?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline
5 hours ago, Boiler said:

Most important question here! OP isn't even a USC.

My guess is that the "partner" is trying to procure the equivalent visa for OP's home country.

[I-129F to K1] 

Embassy Received: 

Medical:

Interview:

Visa Received: 

POE:

Married:

18 hours ago, Boiler said:

Of course. Because he wants to marry me. This mean,if he is denying that he alredy applied in the past for visa,that he is using woman for coming to Europe or USA. If I can get this document for evidence,that he alredy applied for any kind of visa throughother woman (but obviously i can't),could I initiate a report to the embassies in Algeria and a report to the immigration offices, due to attempted marriage fraud. 

13 hours ago, smilingstone said:

Most important question here! OP isn't even a USC.

My guess is that the "partner" is trying to procure the equivalent visa for OP's home country.

Exactly. He wants me to apply for a visa for him so that we can live in my country. I suspect that he wants to get a visa through marriage. Given that I know he was in contact with many women, young, old, fat (pardon the expression), thin,married,divorced,etc. And as far as I know, it is the duty of anyone who suspects the possibility of fraud to report this person. But it cannot be done without evidence. So if there is another way to report someone without any kind of evidence,i will be grateful for any advice. 

Timeline
22 minutes ago, Deklica said:

Exactly. He wants me to apply for a visa for him so that we can live in my country. I suspect that he wants to get a visa through marriage. Given that I know he was in contact with many women, young, old, fat (pardon the expression), thin,married,divorced,etc. And as far as I know, it is the duty of anyone who suspects the possibility of fraud to report this person. But it cannot be done without evidence. So if there is another way to report someone without any kind of evidence,i will be grateful for any advice. 

But even if you get evidence that previous applications were made, you can't necessarily prove fraudulent intent. 

My advise would be to just cut ties and to not get further involved with potentially illegal activity. Think about protecting yourself and hopefully future victims will spot the red flags as you have. 

[I-129F to K1] 

Embassy Received: 

Medical:

Interview:

Visa Received: 

POE: