2,898 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
12 minutes ago, Wuozopo said:

What date would you say the transfer was complete and you got on the London waiting list?

NVC notified me that I received an LDN case ID 21-JUL-2021. I’ve heard nothing since in the last 2 months.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
5 minutes ago, juninho10 said:

NVC notified me that I received an LDN case ID 21-JUL-2021. I’ve heard nothing since in the last 2 months.

I was wondering if it was around/after August 11 when the last interview batch went out so you missed the cut. That’s not the case. Puzzling.  I would think your DQ date was the deciding factor, not the date of your case number. 

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
12 minutes ago, Wuozopo said:

I was wondering if it was around/after August 11 when the last interview batch went out so you missed the cut. That’s not the case. Puzzling.  I would think your DQ date was the deciding factor, not the date of your case number. 

I’m going to try writing to my local senator tomorrow. It’s probably toothless but they can only ignore me like NVC have done.

I’ve been in this process for 2 years now, and I am so incredibly tired of waiting.

Timeline
1 minute ago, juninho10 said:

I’ve been in this process for 2 years now, and I am so incredibly tired of waiting.

My entire visa process (K1) took 4.5 months and I was incredibly tired of waiting. I can’t even comprehend 2 years.

They have improved so much with online submission of so many things, status checking, pick your own interview online (K1s), yet it just gets slower and slower. Admittedly pandemics do get in the way, but still it was slow before the lockdowns. My petition was approved and sailed through NVC and was in London 10 days after NOA2.  My observation is- it’s never been fast enough, even when it was actually fast. Everybody is always tense and stressed in this forum.  Everybody will get a little boost if they just pass out some interviews this week. I hope it’s not like January and June when none were forthcoming to the spouses in this thread. 😳

You’re near the finish line so hang on with hope. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 9/12/2021 at 12:29 PM, DaisyJ said:

I was approved! All very sweet because as she looked at my photos she said "You guys look so cute together so it makes me very happy to say that your visa is approved" 🥰

Awww! That’s so lovely. Congratulations

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
11 minutes ago, LBYTOMCO said:

Anyone get an interview letter for October, I can see all the Canadians got theirs yesterday, hopefully other countries get theirs soon too, still not giving up hope 

I am not entirely sure I will make this batch but not yet! Frantically logging into CEAC too and still says it is at NVC 

On 9/13/2021 at 10:19 PM, Wuozopo said:

I suspect you will have your visa in hand by Friday. if you don’t change to “issued” in two weeks, then you might have a security clearance issue. Those happen, but are not very common. 

You were right! Just checked again, visa status is 'issued' and I received a delivery text saying it'll arrive tomorrow! Could do a happy dance, honestly. Aiming to travel in about month's time so I hope its all okay when it arrives!

Timeline
4 hours ago, LBYTOMCO said:

Still the same; at nvc

Screen Shot 2021-09-15 at 2.18.50 PM.png

Since your interview is in Tunisia, this thread is probably of little help. Your timeline and procedures won’t be the same as those waiting on a date for London. 

Hey, has anyone here encountered this issue? This afternoon I finally received my LND case number, was so excited and called to book my medical for the earliest available appointment. But when I went online to schedule my interview I received an error message that my case number "is not ready for an appointment". I thought maybe it was because I didn't complete the DS-260, so completed that but still my case number is apparently not ready. I emailed the email address in the error message and it said to allow up to FIVE DAYS. I know five days doesnt seem long but when you have been separated from your partner its just frustrating. Has anyone experienced this or know a work around? Feel really down as thought the case number was the final hurdle but being faced with this is really upsetting.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.