2,898 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Wuozopo said:

If you both show up tomorrow, I’m sure they will interview both of you. Same for Friday. I suspect they want you on Friday or they wouldn’t have bothered to call you. Glitch in the confirmation system perhaps. Here’s one of their website FAQs—

If you and your child have appointment in different timeslots on the same day, please attend the earliest appointment together and explain to the consular officer that you are applying at the same time.

If you and your child have appointments on different days, please contact us to request that the appointments be rescheduled to the same day

They booked him on Friday by calling him “and” so I guess they didn’t check his date of birth 🤷🏽‍♀️We tried to contact them but as expected no answer. I think I’ll go with my son and explain the situation to them and see what they say. 

2 hours ago, pishposhpeshy said:

Getting increasingly worried this is going to be a dry month for interview invites...

We were DQ'd on July 27th so should hopefully be receiving an interview invite this month. Not feeling very optimistic now :( 

2 hours ago, pishposhpeshy said:

Getting increasingly worried this is going to be a dry month for interview invites...

I was DQ'd on the 30th June....it wouldn't surprise me if they are experiencing staff shortages.

BTW does anybody know whether the status should change when you login to NVC? Right now it's says it's still at the NVC, does this actually change? I'm guessing it's not very reliable. 

So I went to my interview this morning and brought my son with me. They accepted him too. 
first window: I handed the documents and was giving a paper to read while waiting to be called for the Interview. 
second window question:

when did me and my husband meet 

how long have we been together 

how long have we been married 

where was I born and when did I left

then said congratulations that I should get our passports in a week or two 

2 minutes ago, Johah said:

Well I was the one behind you 🙂 .

approved. 
how did i meet my husband, what does he do, where are we moving to - short and sweet. Negotiating the construction site around and getting a bit lost was much more stressful

Congratulations!! 🎉🎊 

anything regarding the DS-260 form came up? 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
1 hour ago, jadmac said:

I was DQ'd on the 30th June....it wouldn't surprise me if they are experiencing staff shortages.

BTW does anybody know whether the status should change when you login to NVC? Right now it's says it's still at the NVC, does this actually change? I'm guessing it's not very reliable. 

I’d also like to know this? Be easier to check CEAC instead of wait for an email if the website does update 

1 hour ago, RachelUK said:

We were DQ'd on July 27th so should hopefully be receiving an interview invite this month. Not feeling very optimistic now :( 

Same, and I’m much behind as well, DQ’d on Aug 11th :( 

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
12 hours ago, RachelUK said:

Good luck! Mine was in June and still not a word.

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I’m beginning to worry that transferring from Colombia to UK may have screwed me. My Case ID used to say 2020 at the beginning at the beginning and now it says 2021.

Have many others experienced a transfer? It seems like June 2021 DQ cases are getting the chance to interview now, but I’ve still heard nothing. DQ was 3-JUN-2021.

Edited by juninho10

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
1 hour ago, juninho10 said:

I’m beginning to worry that transferring from Colombia to UK may have screwed me. My Case ID used to say 2020 at the beginning at the beginning and now it says 2021.

Have many others experienced a transfer? It seems like June 2021 DQ cases are getting the chance to interview now, but I’ve still heard nothing. DQ was 3-JUN-2021.

well i think interview letters for oct aren't out yet.

hopefully you will get it soon.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
1 hour ago, juninho10 said:

What date would you say the transfer was complete and you got on the London waiting list?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.