2,898 posts in this topic

25 minutes ago, jademd123 said:

THANK YOU, this has got to be the most reassuring advice so far, and yes please keep me updated !! THANK YOU SO MUCH 😭😭😭

And best of luck for your interview tomorrow, how exciting!! 

Thank you! Fingers crossed.

We are in the same boat, it is a long wait. This thread and people on it have helped me a lot. Hope things will get easier for everyone. 

p.s. My lawyer before the trip advised not to go crazy with my luggage - it helps if you are not seen as moving all you worldly possessions. With a sigh I packed lightly, but what an excuse to skip bringing presents to all and sundry 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
4 hours ago, LO-SA said:

Visa approved! 
Appointment went very smooth. Embassy was not too busy. 

I thought you had been called by the embassy to reschedule from 13-Sept interview.

Congratulations

Your previous post

My appointment was scheduled for 13th of September, but I received a call from Embassy and they told me that they need to reschedule due to personnel shortage. Any one else experienced the same ? I did not receive a confirmation email yet. 

Edited by Wuozopo

4 minutes ago, Wuozopo said:

I thought you had been called by the embassy to reschedule from 13-Sept interview.

Congratulations

I never received email that confirmed that. I went to my original appointment and I was scheduled for today. It’s all very confusing. But I’m glad that I went. 

Hey friends I just checked my visa status on a whim and it says "administrative processing". It's the same for @meaghanpk even though we were both approved at interview. Is this normal?

Timeline
13 minutes ago, DaisyJ said:

Hey friends I just checked my visa status on a whim and it says "administrative processing". It's the same for @meaghanpk even though we were both approved at interview. Is this normal?

Absolutely normal. You aren’t really approved until it says “issued”. They still do security checks and meaghanpk didn’t have correct document at interview so they have to check that.

Edited by Wuozopo

12 minutes ago, Wuozopo said:

Absolutely normal. You aren’t really approved until it says “issued”. They still do security checks and meaghanpk didn’t have correct document at interview so they have to check that.

Great, thank you! I had just heard bad things about administrative processing - for people with 221gs it can mean a long wait so I was worried it wasn't supposed to happen if you were approved at interview!

Edited by DaisyJ

I’m in an awkward situation. So as I said I received a phone call telling me my interview was rescheduled for Friday. I check and did not received any confirmation email like they told me and I checked, the date haven’t been changed. However my son who’s suppose to attend the interview too received the mail confirmation. But my son is 2year old. So obviously he can’t attend interview by himself on Friday. 
should I bring him with me tomorrow? 

Timeline
2 hours ago, Ijn said:

I’m in an awkward situation. So as I said I received a phone call telling me my interview was rescheduled for Friday. I check and did not received any confirmation email like they told me and I checked, the date haven’t been changed. However my son who’s suppose to attend the interview too received the mail confirmation. But my son is 2year old. So obviously he can’t attend interview by himself on Friday. 
should I bring him with me tomorrow? 

If you both show up tomorrow, I’m sure they will interview both of you. Same for Friday. I suspect they want you on Friday or they wouldn’t have bothered to call you. Glitch in the confirmation system perhaps. Here’s one of their website FAQs—

If you and your child have appointment in different timeslots on the same day, please attend the earliest appointment together and explain to the consular officer that you are applying at the same time.

If you and your child have appointments on different days, please contact us to request that the appointments be rescheduled to the same day

Edited by Wuozopo

On 9/12/2021 at 8:44 PM, IS_KSJ said:

Hi All, 

Sorry a newbie to this thread so don't entirely know some of the abbreviations but trying to make a sense of it. 

I in the EB1 category of Green Card. My priority date was set to Nov 2010 for EB2 category - but earlier this year applied to upgrade to Eb-1 category on basis of work and all. The I-140 was approved earlier this year. Sent in all documents to NVC in June 2021. I am for Consular Processing in London. On 19th August i got the following email 

The National Visa Center (NVC) received all the requested documentation for this immigrant visa case. The
applicant is now in the queue awaiting an interview appointment overseas, where a consular officer will adjudicate
the applicant’s visa application.

Does this mean it is DQ ? I am assuming the next step is to await for the interview appointment. From the message chain above I see currently interviews are being scheduled for June 2021 DQ ? Am i reading this correct? Anybody else in the same visa category?

Check this site out... http://visawhen.com/consulates/london

Timeline
2 hours ago, DaisyJ said:

Great, thank you! I had just heard bad things about administrative processing - for people with 221gs it can mean a long wait so I was worried it wasn't supposed to happen if you were approved at interview!

The “bad” AP is when you get caught up in security checks. That is more likely if you were born outside the UK, especially terrorist countries, have frequent visits to those countries, or have special skills in explosives, munitions or such.  They have to check you out in more detail through extra databases. 

I suspect you will have your visa in hand by Friday. if you don’t change to “issued” in two weeks, then you might have a security clearance issue. Those happen, but are not very common. 

Edited by Wuozopo

7 hours ago, jademd123 said:

Hi all,

Our case was DQ'd on Aug 11, so i assume our interview maybe around Nov/Dec or even longer wait?? Still waiting on interview letter, case is still at NVC...

So in the meanwhile can I (UK Spouse) visit my USC hubby for a month or 2 on ESTA while waiting on interview letter? We have no intention to AOS or anything like that, it's just we haven't been able to see each other since Feb, I understand the normal procedure of proving no intent of over staying but aside from that, is it permitted to travel ? Obviously don't want to jeopardise anything since we've come this far, but the wait is really hard as you all know. 

Will that automatically make the DS-260 form that we submitted invalid as my travel dates to the US would have changed if i do make this trip ?

Has anyone who has done this share some insights please? Many Thanks !

Pretty much in the same boat you are... I was DQ'd in June with my interview now scheduled this week!

I went to see my wife at the begining of August before interview email had been received.

I actually had an ESTA but it was due to expired within a couple of month from August and because Covid kept me in the US for 5 months earier 2020 ( I was meant only be there for 4 days!) I decided to apply for a new one so if I got stuck again I could get "satisfactery departure" (an extention to stay more the 90 days if I needed it.

I applied and got a brand new ESTA the day before I travelled without a problem within a couple of minutes...

Checked in fine for flight, boarded etc arrived fine.... nutil I got the Immigration...

Apparently ALL ESTA are cancelled... so upon arrival (even though your are allowed to checkin for the flight and board a flight) technically to have a cancelled ESTA.

You simply get pulled by the immigration officer on arrival for "secondary screening."

Nothing at all to worry about in my case.  The secondary officer was really relaxed, although I was clearly waiting with a 20 or so people on my flight from LHR to Atlanta who were in the same boat.

Anyway, the secondary officer assured me there was nothing to worry about.  I showed my ESTA, printed from the night before, and he said it would take a few minute to sort out....

He said they just needed to see my mariage certificate and then they could "reactivate it."

I waited for about 5 minutes in the secondary waiting area until they called my name and I collected my passport and marriage certificate from the officer again.

Really easy, and in my case nothing to worry about at all.... even if by bum was twitching... but then a hain I feel guilty walking through customs with a chocolate bar and bag of crisps in my bag! lol

All told pretty easy, just simple administrrtion whcih they fix when you arrive even with a shinny new ESTA, which you later find out is cancelled the minute they give it to you....

Good luck.  Don't worry!

6 hours ago, jademd123 said:

I see, thanks! Yeah i never overstayed and last visit finished on end of Feb 2021. I'm mainly concerned about the DS-260 form, because if i travel to the US then the dates would need to be update, did you update yours online or do you plan to tell them at the interview ?

oops... just remembered the secondary officer also asked for a copy of my spouse's passport ID page which I had to prove she is a US Citizen!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.