2,898 posts in this topic

On 9/10/2021 at 3:47 PM, meaghanpk said:

Hubs had his interview this AM--all went well! We needed to upload a new copy of our marriage certificate (apparently we had uploaded our license, not the certificate), but the woman said "upload that today and you can consider yourself approved!"

So we uploaded it to CEAC as soon as he walked out of the embassy, and should get his passport back in 2 weeks! 

Questions she asked: 
- What does your spouse do?
- How did you meet?
- When did you meet?
- When did you start dating?
- Do you have any additional evidence of relationship you want to submit? (and then my husband gave some more photos)

Good luck to everyone!

So glad it went well!! I had basically the same questions:

- Who is your petitioner? 
- What does your husband do and where does he live?
- What is his background? (she was interested in how he got the job he has! - I used this as a way to say how we met because we met while studying on twin degree programmes)
- When did you meet? 
- When did you get married? 
- Do you have any photographs of the two of you together? (She did say she doesn't necessarily NEED to see them but "she likes to ask because she knows everyone always over prepares and brings proof of relationship in"

I was approved! All very sweet because as she looked at my photos she said "You guys look so cute together so it makes me very happy to say that your visa is approved" 🥰
Everyone at the embassy is very friendly and helpful. Security on entrance is straightforward and not intimidating at all. Also not sure if anyone has mentioned it before, but whilst you are waiting inside between "windows" you can use your phone and they give you wifi access by making a password really clear - maybe this will be useful for people to know! 

Hi All, 

Sorry a newbie to this thread so don't entirely know some of the abbreviations but trying to make a sense of it. 

I in the EB1 category of Green Card. My priority date was set to Nov 2010 for EB2 category - but earlier this year applied to upgrade to Eb-1 category on basis of work and all. The I-140 was approved earlier this year. Sent in all documents to NVC in June 2021. I am for Consular Processing in London. On 19th August i got the following email 

The National Visa Center (NVC) received all the requested documentation for this immigrant visa case. The
applicant is now in the queue awaiting an interview appointment overseas, where a consular officer will adjudicate
the applicant’s visa application.

Does this mean it is DQ ? I am assuming the next step is to await for the interview appointment. From the message chain above I see currently interviews are being scheduled for June 2021 DQ ? Am i reading this correct? Anybody else in the same visa category?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, IS_KSJ said:

Hi All, 

Sorry a newbie to this thread so don't entirely know some of the abbreviations but trying to make a sense of it. 

I in the EB1 category of Green Card. My priority date was set to Nov 2010 for EB2 category - but earlier this year applied to upgrade to Eb-1 category on basis of work and all. The I-140 was approved earlier this year. Sent in all documents to NVC in June 2021. I am for Consular Processing in London. On 19th August i got the following email 

The National Visa Center (NVC) received all the requested documentation for this immigrant visa case. The
applicant is now in the queue awaiting an interview appointment overseas, where a consular officer will adjudicate
the applicant’s visa application.

Does this mean it is DQ ? I am assuming the next step is to await for the interview appointment. From the message chain above I see currently interviews are being scheduled for June 2021 DQ ? Am i reading this correct? Anybody else in the same visa category?

The people with June 2021 DQ who are being scheduled for interviews are from IR1/CR1 category (spouses of US citizens). This is tier 2 category and is higher priority processing for the consulates.

EB1 and EB2 fall under employment preference which is tier 4, and not high priority. 

People on this thread would not know much about the employment preference processing. So perhaps post the question in the general section as a new one.

From what I can tell, it looks like you are DQ on August 19. You are in the queue for interview. But how long that queue is, I don’t know. You can check for information on London consulate website on what month DQ they are currently interviewing.

I would imagine it will still be a long wait (a year or more). Consulates suspended interviewing tier 4 for a long time. They have recently resumed it, interviewing a few cases per month, but it is not high on the priority list unfortunately.

14 hours ago, DaisyJ said:

I had my interview on Friday and a few of us had to wait a while after handing in their documents because there was only one "interviewing" staff member in instead of two, (the lady apologised when it was my turn because it was just her on duty) so it sounds like they probably have some people off sick or something at the moment. Hope this is helpful, don't suppose its anything to worry about it if you can reschedule it easily.

Fingers crossed we get some October interviews announced today then if there's sickness reducing capacity!

Hi all,

Our case was DQ'd on Aug 11, so i assume our interview maybe around Nov/Dec or even longer wait?? Still waiting on interview letter, case is still at NVC...

So in the meanwhile can I (UK Spouse) visit my USC hubby for a month or 2 on ESTA while waiting on interview letter? We have no intention to AOS or anything like that, it's just we haven't been able to see each other since Feb, I understand the normal procedure of proving no intent of over staying but aside from that, is it permitted to travel ? Obviously don't want to jeopardise anything since we've come this far, but the wait is really hard as you all know. 

Will that automatically make the DS-260 form that we submitted invalid as my travel dates to the US would have changed if i do make this trip ?

Has anyone who has done this share some insights please? Many Thanks !

14 minutes ago, jademd123 said:

Hi all,

Our case was DQ'd on Aug 11, so i assume our interview maybe around Nov/Dec or even longer wait?? Still waiting on interview letter, case is still at NVC...

So in the meanwhile can I (UK Spouse) visit my USC hubby for a month or 2 on ESTA while waiting on interview letter? We have no intention to AOS or anything like that, it's just we haven't been able to see each other since Feb, I understand the normal procedure of proving no intent of over staying but aside from that, is it permitted to travel ? Obviously don't want to jeopardise anything since we've come this far, but the wait is really hard as you all know. 

Will that automatically make the DS-260 form that we submitted invalid as my travel dates to the US would have changed if i do make this trip ?

Has anyone who has done this share some insights please? Many Thanks !

From various reports there should be no reason for you not to be able to travel, aside from the existing restrictions on non-essential travel to the US due to covid etc. I believe travel under ESTA to the US is suspended due to covid, in which case you would need a tourist visa B1/B2,  though I may be wrong. 

There is a existing discussion around this in the below, whilst it's been asked for people at the earlier stage I think you'll find it useful, if not I'd suggest you open a new post so more people can view it and respond, as this discussion is for appointment updates. 

Edited by Saqib-s

If you find my post helpful please hit the 🤍 heart icon and hit 'Like' or 'Thanks'.    

• 19 Jan 2021: Submit I-130 to Texas Lockbox
  • 06 Mar 2021: NOA1 from Nebraska Service Center
  • 24 May 2021: NOA2 Petition Approved
  • 08 Jul 2021: NVC - Submit IV + AOS Documents 
  • 03 Sep 2021: NVC - RFE for missing W2/1099 
  • 09 Sep 2021: NVC - Re-submit: 1099 Co-sponsor + explanation for petitioner missing W2
  • 08 Dec 2021: NVC - DQ (Documentarily Qualified)
  • 30 Dec 2021: NVC - Interview email (Interview on 13th Jan)
  • 13 Jan 2022: London Embassy - Interview; approved pending arrival of Medical results - case status 'Refused'
  • 14 Jan 2022: Case Status 'Administrative Processing'
  • 18 Jan 2022: Case Status 'Issued'
  • 20 Jan 2022: Passport with visa collected in person
  • 14 Feb 2022: Enter USA via Dulles, airport
  • 29 Apr 2022: Green Card received in Post

6 minutes ago, Saqib-s said:

From various reports there should be no reason for you not to be able to travel, aside from the existing restrictions on non-essential travel to the US due to covid etc. I believe travel under ESTA to the US is suspended due to covid, though I may be wrong. 

There is a existing discussion around this in the below, whilst it's been asked for people at the earlier stage I think you'll find it useful, if not I'd suggest you open a new post so more people can view it and respond. 

Hi, thank you for replying to my post. 

The thing is that my I-130 is already approved and it is also Documentarily Qualified(DQ)  at NVC, right now just waiting for an interview to be scheduled at the embassy here. 

However I have visited while I-130 is pending and had no problem, not sure if the same rules apply after the NVC DQ stage. 

2 minutes ago, Johah said:

I traveled to the us after being dq -

no problem at all as long as you are immediate relative and are on a family visit as opposed to coming for a holiday. And that is verified by airline employee in the uk. On the border there were no questions.  

Thank you for replying to my post!

Me visiting my husband counts as family visit right ? As for verification, would copies of his US passport and naturalisation certificate and our marriage certificate suffice ? 

So after your visit, when you came back for the visa interview, your old DS-260 form was still okay right?as in you didnt need to submit a new one right ?

These documents were enough for me, yes. You do not need to submit anything after your return, just abide by esta max stay rule and no, you do not intend to immigrate on that trip , you are on family visit. If you are worried you can get a letter from immigration lawyer describing your situation and that you are waiting for interview date and will return for it.  If you have past travel and it shows you have never overstayed it helps . I had a letter, but I never had to show it. 

5 minutes ago, Johah said:

These documents were enough for me, yes. You do not need to submit anything after your return, just abide by esta max stay rule and no, you do not intend to immigrate on that trip , you are on family visit. If you are worried you can get a letter from immigration lawyer describing your situation and that you are waiting for interview date and will return for it.  If you have past travel and it shows you have never overstayed it helps . I had a letter, but I never had to show it. 

I see, thanks! Yeah i never overstayed and last visit finished on end of Feb 2021. I'm mainly concerned about the DS-260 form, because if i travel to the US then the dates would need to be update, did you update yours online or do you plan to tell them at the interview ?

No I did not update online, would recommend you not to do it as it will only cross wires. Tell them at interview if they ask when you last saw him, do not be worried, your visit does not invalidate your form, (I checked before travel and my lawyer assured me). If you are still worried, talk to your lawyer, but my experience was reassuring. 

I'll post tomorrow if it comes up tomorrow at interview, ok? 

Edited by Johah

1 minute ago, Johah said:

No I did not update online, would recommend you not to do it as it will only cross wires. Tell them at interview if they ask when you last saw him, do not be worried, your visit does not invalidate your form, (I checked before travel and my lawyer assured me). If you are still worried, talk to your lawyer, but my experience was reassuring. 

THANK YOU, this has got to be the most reassuring advice so far, and yes please keep me updated !! THANK YOU SO MUCH 😭😭😭

2 minutes ago, Johah said:

And best of luck for your interview tomorrow, how exciting!! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.