2,919 posts in this topic

20 minutes ago, Wuozopo said:

I’m not understanding your comment. The NVC processing has been around way before Trump. 

Can you quantify “relatively new”? I know it was in place 14 years ago when I started the immigration journey. NVC has been around at least 25 years. I’m just trying to understand your post.

Although the agencies have been around for a while the way they work has changed over the years.

Deparment of State, as the senior service, used to be the principle agency - much like the role of "our" (sorry, I'm assuming you are in the UK) Foreign and Commonwealth Office plays in operating all our Consulates and Embassies.

Dept of State personnel  used to "liase" with the other agencies, but ultimately could make the immigration decision, and did.  Largely things are the same because they still are the final link in the chain - because of their role as serving, and formally representing the US national interest.

However, technology and numerous reorganisations reflecting policy change over the last 20 years have seen USCIS (aka INS who previosuly used to operate inside an embassy as well) and the NVC, now all operate as fully independent agencies and handle more of the work in progressing an applicant's visa journey.

The big problem has become having budgets that keep up with the burdens verification places on these agancies.  These agencies can only do so much with the money they are given.  Unfortunately as processing verification detail expands and the budget don't grow enough, the loser in the game is the length of time it takes for the applicant to get through.

Naturally much depends on the visa category more than anything -  my comments are primarily for immediate family based classes of visa with (normally) no wait because of number restrictions every year. Brother, sister, mother, father etc all suffer more from the restricted numbers in these catagories.

Contratcing and outsourcing has also made a massive difference to how the immigration work is done, the type of people that do it, and how much time it takes.  Office based senarios used to mean officers could discuss cases and problems within them easily.  This is simply not possible when you are remote working contractor, which is how much of the processing "review work" is done today.  Hard cases get put to one side and passed around frequently.

Starve the system of money, or worse give it to contractor coordination organisations and its all really easy to slow it down - Trump political appointees were happy to do both.

Hope this all helps.

Most frightening thing of all this is the detail with which HMG and our agency equivilants have been studying the US system for years...

Good luck.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Hi all, just trying to get a rough timeframe on how long people are waiting to get an interview date from DQ?

I'm hoping to get an update on our petition from the NVC towards the end of this month/start of October. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
12 minutes ago, JPD91 said:

Hi all, just trying to get a rough timeframe on how long people are waiting to get an interview date from DQ?

I'm hoping to get an update on our petition from the NVC towards the end of this month/start of October. 

Just from looking at past DQ dates, June 16 is the latest to get an interview. So It is likely most if not all of July DQs could get interview dates for October. It all really depends on how may people have been DQ'd. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
36 minutes ago, JPD91 said:

Here’s a list of September interviews and their DQ dates that have been posted in this forum. 

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/768696-interview-dates-passed-out-mid-august/?do=findComment&comment=10526079

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
2 hours ago, JPD91 said:

DQ 3-JUN and then transferred to London 21-JUN. Nothing since. 🥱

Timeline
2 hours ago, juninho10 said:

DQ 3-JUN and then transferred to London 21-JUN. Nothing since. 🥱

Have you tried to log in and make an interview appointment?

Timeline
14 minutes ago, Wuozopo said:

Have you tried to log in and make an interview appointment?

How do I do that?

When I go on CEAC and login, it says my case is currently at NVC.

image.png.efab4641885de62efdf988a0675557de.png

Timeline
1 hour ago, juninho10 said:

How do I do that?

When I go on CEAC and login, it says my case is currently at NVC.

image.png.efab4641885de62efdf988a0675557de.png

https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-gb/iv

Try to register.  It won’t let you in if your case is not in London. I thought when you said your case was “transferred”to London, you meant it was sent on to London. Did you just change where you wanted them to schedule your interview?  

Timeline
1 minute ago, Wuozopo said:

https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-gb/iv

Try to register.  It won’t let you in if your case is not in London. I thought when you said your case was “transferred”to London, you meant it was sent on to London. Did you just change where you wanted them to schedule your interview?  

Sorry, I wasn't very clear in my previous post. I never had an appointment/interview arranged in the previous country. I requested that London take my case, and it was changed/transferred to their jurisdiction a couple of months ago. I haven't received anything from NVC asking me to book an interview yet.

in the next couple of days we should see a bunch of interview emails go out to people for Interviews in October, hopefully they will be posted in here withe DQ dates so we can see how far they are, if they are working on similar capacities that we have seen, they should be close to catching up. 

If you find my post helpful please hit the 🤍 heart icon and hit 'Like' or 'Thanks'.    

• 19 Jan 2021: Submit I-130 to Texas Lockbox
  • 06 Mar 2021: NOA1 from Nebraska Service Center
  • 24 May 2021: NOA2 Petition Approved
  • 08 Jul 2021: NVC - Submit IV + AOS Documents 
  • 03 Sep 2021: NVC - RFE for missing W2/1099 
  • 09 Sep 2021: NVC - Re-submit: 1099 Co-sponsor + explanation for petitioner missing W2
  • 08 Dec 2021: NVC - DQ (Documentarily Qualified)
  • 30 Dec 2021: NVC - Interview email (Interview on 13th Jan)
  • 13 Jan 2022: London Embassy - Interview; approved pending arrival of Medical results - case status 'Refused'
  • 14 Jan 2022: Case Status 'Administrative Processing'
  • 18 Jan 2022: Case Status 'Issued'
  • 20 Jan 2022: Passport with visa collected in person
  • 14 Feb 2022: Enter USA via Dulles, airport
  • 29 Apr 2022: Green Card received in Post

Just a last minute question as I check and double check all my emails. Two days ago I had an "please read the following to make sure everything goes smoothly at the US embassy email" It has this point in it: 

image.thumb.png.cc321bcdda7d2ce25a320d27881165a1.png

Confirming the date and time of our appt is what we did during registering/courier sign up, right? This isn't a separate thing? I signed onto my account at the log in page and it has the date and time and everything there, status is "attend the interview appointment" pressing "continue" just gives me the list of options like "print the instructions" "email instructions" "reschedule an appointment" etc. Just wanted to make sure I'm not missing something!

Timeline
25 minutes ago, DaisyJ said:

Confirming the date and time of our appt is what we did during registering/courier sign up, right?

You registered your appointment before.

26 minutes ago, DaisyJ said:

I signed onto my account at the log in page and it has the date and time

And you confirmed you had the right date and time by looking it up. 

Confirm- to establish the truth, accuracy, validity, or genuineness of; corroborate; verify:

Hubs had his interview this AM--all went well! We needed to upload a new copy of our marriage certificate (apparently we had uploaded our license, not the certificate), but the woman said "upload that today and you can consider yourself approved!"

So we uploaded it to CEAC as soon as he walked out of the embassy, and should get his passport back in 2 weeks! 

Questions she asked: 
- What does your spouse do?
- How did you meet?
- When did you meet?
- When did you start dating?
- Do you have any additional evidence of relationship you want to submit? (and then my husband gave some more photos)

Good luck to everyone!

On 9/10/2021 at 3:59 PM, LO-SA said:

My appointment was scheduled for 13th of September, but I received a call from Embassy and they told me that they need to reschedule due to personnel shortage. Any one else experienced the same ? I did not receive a confirmation email yet. 

I had my interview on Friday and a few of us had to wait a while after handing in their documents because there was only one "interviewing" staff member in instead of two, (the lady apologised when it was my turn because it was just her on duty) so it sounds like they probably have some people off sick or something at the moment. Hope this is helpful, don't suppose its anything to worry about it if you can reschedule it easily.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.