2,919 posts in this topic

Hi, I was emailed to schedule my interview for immigrant visa and I scheduled it for September 24th. However, I have not received any interview letter. I know that for the interview you need to take the interview letter. Does anyone know where I can find the interview letter or should I print out the email I was sent. 

Thanks !

1 hour ago, EasyPeasy770 said:

Hi, I was emailed to schedule my interview for immigrant visa and I scheduled it for September 24th. However, I have not received any interview letter. I know that for the interview you need to take the interview letter. Does anyone know where I can find the interview letter or should I print out the email I was sent. 

Thanks !

Just print the email confirmation:)

9 hours ago, EasyPeasy770 said:

Thanks !

For our reference, when did you get your DQ email from NVC and when were you sent the interview invite email?

If you find my post helpful please hit the 🤍 heart icon and hit 'Like' or 'Thanks'.    

• 19 Jan 2021: Submit I-130 to Texas Lockbox
  • 06 Mar 2021: NOA1 from Nebraska Service Center
  • 24 May 2021: NOA2 Petition Approved
  • 08 Jul 2021: NVC - Submit IV + AOS Documents 
  • 03 Sep 2021: NVC - RFE for missing W2/1099 
  • 09 Sep 2021: NVC - Re-submit: 1099 Co-sponsor + explanation for petitioner missing W2
  • 08 Dec 2021: NVC - DQ (Documentarily Qualified)
  • 30 Dec 2021: NVC - Interview email (Interview on 13th Jan)
  • 13 Jan 2022: London Embassy - Interview; approved pending arrival of Medical results - case status 'Refused'
  • 14 Jan 2022: Case Status 'Administrative Processing'
  • 18 Jan 2022: Case Status 'Issued'
  • 20 Jan 2022: Passport with visa collected in person
  • 14 Feb 2022: Enter USA via Dulles, airport
  • 29 Apr 2022: Green Card received in Post

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
1 hour ago, Mia and Scott said:

Thank you! Sorry, I wasn’t sure where to find the correct thread that was UK specific but appreciate you responding! I figured he was correct in there only being one location but thought it wouldn’t hurt to ask. Good luck to you and you’re husband! :) 

This entire forum is about the UK, not just this interview thread. You  start a new topic with your question.
UK forum start page https://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/99-united-kingdom/

1 hour ago, Wuozopo said:

This entire forum is about the UK, not just this interview thread. You  start a new topic with your question.
UK forum start page https://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/99-united-kingdom/

Thank you!

Timeline
3 hours ago, Mon453 said:

can anyone point me to a thread re the medicals? I’ve tried searching this site and haven’t had luck yet

This is the UK FORIM page. Bookmark it. https://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/99-united-kingdom/

I see five topics on the first page with the word “medical” in the title. Read them.

29 minutes ago, L and G said:

Hi I had my interview in London on Aug 23rd. Approved and visa status became Issued on 24th. However I've not heard from the courier yet about getting my passport back. 

Anyone else had to wait this long and know a way to contact somewhere for an update?

Also had my interview on the 23rd August but my medical results didn't arrive until the 24th. My case sat un-updated until today so it seems as though things are moving a little slowly there. Although my update still said refused.

Timeline
2 hours ago, L and G said:

Hi I had my interview in London on Aug 23rd. Approved and visa status became Issued on 24th. However I've not heard from the courier yet about getting my passport back. 

Anyone else had to wait this long and know a way to contact somewhere for an update?

Definitely something wrong. You should have had an email from the courier by the 25th. Did you register with the courier? Was your email mis-typed? Have you checked junk email?

The following info is found at https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-gb/iv/information/contact_us#document_delivery_issues

Document Delivery Issues

The tracking of your document return will begin when the U.S. Consular Section passes the documents to the courier. For additional information on the courier please see Visa Document Courier Services.

Please first check the status of the documents by signing into this website or calling the call center. If there are further concerns or issues with the return of your documents or if it has been more than 5 business days since your visa was issued and a shipping number is still not available, please Contact Us by sending an email to the following email address:

weeac_contactus+gb+courier+en@visaops.net

Edited by Wuozopo

18 hours ago, Wuozopo said:

Definitely something wrong. You should have had an email from the courier by the 25th. Did you register with the courier? Was your email mis-typed? Have you checked junk email?

The following info is found at https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-gb/iv/information/contact_us#document_delivery_issues

Document Delivery Issues

The tracking of your document return will begin when the U.S. Consular Section passes the documents to the courier. For additional information on the courier please see Visa Document Courier Services.

Please first check the status of the documents by signing into this website or calling the call center. If there are further concerns or issues with the return of your documents or if it has been more than 5 business days since your visa was issued and a shipping number is still not available, please Contact Us by sending an email to the following email address:

weeac_contactus+gb+courier+en@visaops.net

Thanks for the info.  I ended up just going to the courier depot where I had originally arranged for my passport to be sent after the interview.  It wasn't there, but they directed me to another depot in SE London where my passport was waiting for me (and had been since two days after the interview, apparently).

So if anyone else never receives a tracking number or any other correspondence from the courier company, then would recommend just knocking on the door - they can search their database by full name in the absence of a tracking number.

On 8/26/2021 at 3:20 PM, EasyPeasy770 said:

i was DQ march 22nd and received the email August 9th. 

Don't know if you received an answer to this yet, but the "interview letter" everyone talks about is your email from the NVC informing you your interview has been scheduled. You don't get a formal letter.

7 hours ago, JoeBacon said:

Yes it certainly took me by surprise, they didn't give any explanation as to why, just said they no longer require giving these samples. They still did all other tests including chest x-ray and eyesight etc.

Like I said I can only speculate as to the reasons, just wante to pass on the experience I had.

I would be curious to hear from anyone else who had their medical in London in the last few days, see if they were told the same thing?

On 8/20/2021 at 7:45 PM, Saqib-s said:

Based off the interview dates sent out in Mid-August you're likely to get a date for October sent to you in Mid-September, 

image.png.893259c3fae05800e611edbf1e138803.png

My Inteview set for Sept 16,  DQ'd June 1

Edited by JonnyB
typo

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Do we know roughly how many CR1/IR1 interviews are conducted per month in London? Seems like there were way more in June compared to July according to approval stats. Doe you think the backlog is over or is something else going on? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.