2,897 posts in this topic

Hi all! New to this site and sooo glad I found it. I am a US citizen and my husband is a UK citizen. We filed back in 2019, approved by USCIS in Dec 2019. We had to wait a year to send in financial documents due to me losing a lot of working hours in 2020. Finally sent in all our paperwork to NVC on June 6th of 2021 and were DQ’d July 28th! Hoping for interview in maybe January it looks like, based on what I’ve seen here? Good luck to all of you that have your interviews soon! 

9 hours ago, Mia and Scott said:

Hi all! New to this site and sooo glad I found it. I am a US citizen and my husband is a UK citizen. We filed back in 2019, approved by USCIS in Dec 2019. We had to wait a year to send in financial documents due to me losing a lot of working hours in 2020. Finally sent in all our paperwork to NVC on June 6th of 2021 and were DQ’d July 28th! Hoping for interview in maybe January it looks like, based on what I’ve seen here? Good luck to all of you that have your interviews soon! 

Congratulations and good luck to you guys too, welcome to the DQ club! Hoping for good news for all soon now that social distancing rules have ended here in the UK!

Hi all,
I have just collected my passport with my visa (IR1) attached from London (woohoo). A quick question, or please direct me to the correct forum! On the state department website, it says that I should have received a sealed packet which mustn't be opened - I only received my passport in a small red plastic packet. Should I have received something else? Or have things changed? 

8 hours ago, EmliS said:

Hi all,
I have just collected my passport with my visa (IR1) attached from London (woohoo). A quick question, or please direct me to the correct forum! On the state department website, it says that I should have received a sealed packet which mustn't be opened - I only received my passport in a small red plastic packet. Should I have received something else? Or have things changed? 

Seems you’ll be okey

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
8 hours ago, EmliS said:

Hi all,

It’s all digital for IR1/CR1 visas in London. You get no paper document files since the switch to digital files. 

Edited by Wuozopo

40 minutes ago, TCLondon20 said:

For those who have had their interviews recently, how long does did it take for the passport with visa take to be shipped to your address?

My parents interview was Tuesday and they were refused pending we upload a couple of documents to the CEAC website and my mom's vaccine report had not arrived from the medical place yet (it arrived Wed) and today it was 'Issued" and will arrive Monday from the courier.  

09/20/05 NOA1 received
11/22/05 NOA2 received (65 days)
12/05/05 NVC received application! (say 2-4 week wait)
12/13/05 Found out forms were sent to London on 12/08/05!
12/20/05 Packet 3 received!
01/11/06 Medical - Knightsbridge London
01/18/06 Sent back packet 3!
02/15/06 Received packet 4!

02/13/06 INTERVIEW DATE 03/22/06 AT 10.30AM!! - APPROVED

Married July 29th 2006!!

08/17/2006 Filed for AOS and EAD
08/26/2006 NOA1 received for both (dated 08/24/06)
09/06/2006 RFE email.....not sure what for yet!
9/07/2006 Biometrics completed
10/13/2006 Transferred to CSC!!
11/02/2006 Approval email received!!
11/08/2006 Welcome to USA letter arrives!

11/13/2006 GREEN CARD RECEIVED - NO MISTAKES!!!!

06/06/08 Family moved back to UK!!

Husband gained UK citizenship September 2015

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Family relocating back to California

06/27/2016 I-130 Spousal Visa application sent to London Embassy

07/05/2016 NOA 1

08/31/2016 NOA 2 - case transferred to the Immigrant Visa Unit at the embassy

09/13/2016 3rd Letter received with LND number

10/14/2016 Medical

10/31/2016 Embassy interview

19 minutes ago, SB0402 said:

I was approved during my interview on the 13th July. I had my CEAC status changed to “issued” the following day and then received my documents in hand the day after that. I entered the US on the 22nd July. 😊

So happy for you! Yay! ❤️ 

15 hours ago, TCLondon20 said:

For those who have had their interviews recently, how long does did it take for the passport with visa take to be shipped to your address?

After CEAC changed from Administrative Processing to issued my Passport with visa was in my hand the very next day. 

On 8/6/2021 at 4:07 PM, Englishsammy said:

My parents interview was Tuesday and they were refused pending we upload a couple of documents to the CEAC website and my mom's vaccine report had not arrived from the medical place yet (it arrived Wed) and today it was 'Issued" and will arrive Monday from the courier.  

What kind documents did they have to upload? Trying to get an idea of what additional documents I could be asked for.

Also, how long before the interview did the medical happen?

On 8/6/2021 at 1:31 PM, SB0402 said:

I was approved during my interview on the 13th July. I had my CEAC status changed to “issued” the following day and then received my documents in hand the day after that. I entered the US on the 22nd July. 😊

Congratulations! What was your DQ date if you don’t mind me asking?

Are we thinking this week or next for the next round of interview notifications? My husband was DQ'd May 7th 2021 and it would be such a relief to even know that they got through everyone DQ'd in March and April so we could reasonably predict that we would hear in September for an October interview.

Sending good vibes to all!

59 minutes ago, meaghanpk said:

Are we thinking this week or next for the next round of interview notifications? My husband was DQ'd May 7th 2021 and it would be such a relief to even know that they got through everyone DQ'd in March and April so we could reasonably predict that we would hear in September for an October interview.

Sending good vibes to all!

Hopefully any day now, right?

Last batch was three weeks ago TONIGHT. They, quite incredibly, cleared end of January through to mid-March DQs. Final interview for that batch (for people on here, at least) is the 23rd. So they'd need to send out the next batch for interviews happening in two weeks and onward this week otherwise not enough time for medicals.

Hoping next batch covers a similar 7-week DQ time frame (mid-March to, what, early-May?). Hope you get in that batch and your interview is September, not October!!

Then hopefully rest of May and June DQs for late September and October interviews.

We are all getting there. HOPING they follow the same timelines and schedule appointments this week!!!

Edited by SusanandJake

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.