2,897 posts in this topic

On 7/29/2021 at 11:45 AM, Cindy and Matt said:

Thinking logically, the appointments could be scheduled en masse the middle of the month and then any slots that are freed by people rescheduling for later would then be processed.  Hence a few getting 2-3 weeks notice rather than 4-5.  Just a thought.

Glad to hear they are getting through the backlog.  Fingers crossed mine comes in soon.  I really hope I get some good news the middle of August but DQ in June so I might still have some waiting to do.

I am in the same boat as you - DQ in June the same as you. I am hoping for an interview date soon, maybe September notice for an October interview? The end is close but still a tough wait. Hoping things move for you as well! Good luck.

Hello All, I have my IR1 interview coming up on August 18. For those who have interviewed, did the embassy view your Affidavit of Support I-864 or financial evidence documents? Or does the London embassy only view your civil documents? Travel.state.gov says to only bring your civil documents, so any clarification from anyones past experience would be great. Thanks  

19 minutes ago, Paulo2388 said:

Hello All, I have my IR1 interview coming up on August 18. For those who have interviewed, did the embassy view your Affidavit of Support I-864 or financial evidence documents? Or does the London embassy only view your civil documents? Travel.state.gov says to only bring your civil documents, so any clarification from anyones past experience would be great. Thanks  

Hi, I had my interview a week ago and they asked for th ds-260 application (the actual application, not the confirmation) and the petitioner's tax returns...I even gave 2020 tax returns too. I was lucky because I had my whole folder with me, but I don't recall reading anywhere about taking them. So make sure you take them!!!

My husband had his interview yesterday. Here's a small play-by-play according to him:

Saw security out front who viewed his invitation letter and passport. After going through security, you get to reception where they verify your appointment and assign a number. 

They called him up first to collect some of the essential documents they wanted to verify. For him they wanted to see his birth certificate, police certificates, our marriage certificate, his passport, and because his was a digital application, they scanned in one of his photographs. 

He then sat back down. 

They called him up the second time to ask questions. They asked things about our marriage (how we met, how long we'd been together, why we're moving) took fingerprints, and had him take his oath. 

From there, they wanted to review our financials. Our lawyers only prepped us to take my financial information. It turned out they needed to see his as well because I don't make enough money. Of course, out of probably 200+ pages that we brought... we weren't instructed to bring his financials. 

Luckily, the agent reassured him that it was okay. They kept his passport and gave us an email address for where to send his financial documents. We sent those over yesterday. Praying that it's all good and for a swift turnaround. 

He said overall people were friendly and it was well organised. 

For anyone asking about what financial stuff to bring, I'd say bring it all so you don't end up in this type of situation. Good luck!

1 hour ago, Lynds K. said:

They called him up the second time to ask questions. They asked things about our marriage (how we met, how long we'd been together, why we're moving) took fingerprints, and had him take his oath. 

From there, they wanted to review our financials. Our lawyers only prepped us to take my financial information. It turned out they needed to see his as well because I don't make enough money. Of course, out of probably 200+ pages that we brought... we weren't instructed to bring his financials. 

Luckily, the agent reassured him that it was okay. They kept his passport and gave us an email address for where to send his financial documents. We sent those over yesterday. Praying that it's all good and for a swift turnaround. 

He said overall people were friendly and it was well organised. 

For anyone asking about what financial stuff to bring, I'd say bring it all so you don't end up in this type of situation. Good luck!

What kind of financial information does he need to provide? And from this it sounds like you're both moving together, is that correct? 

Also, if anyone can advise, I have a question about police certificates - I had to get one from Germany because I lived there studying for two years. I have the original, but our lawyer said he'd need to get it translated for our NVC submission. Presumably he did that all okay because we're waiting for our interview (since 7th May) I'm concerned though that because the embassy needs to see original documents, will they need the original translation as well? I'm worried he'll have to post that over from the US and it could take ages or easily get lost, etc. :( 

7 minutes ago, DaisyJ said:

What kind of financial information does he need to provide? And from this it sounds like you're both moving together, is that correct? 

Also, if anyone can advise, I have a question about police certificates - I had to get one from Germany because I lived there studying for two years. I have the original, but our lawyer said he'd need to get it translated for our NVC submission. Presumably he did that all okay because we're waiting for our interview (since 7th May) I'm concerned though that because the embassy needs to see original documents, will they need the original translation as well? I'm worried he'll have to post that over from the US and it could take ages or easily get lost, etc. :( 

Hi there, they wanted to verify his income. So we sent over P60, payslips, self-assesment, and bank statements. We also own our own company, so they needed some information about that. 

My husband is actually German, so we encountered a similar situation. He had to have a German police certificate too. I just asked my husband, and he said they looked at both the original and the translation of his German police certificate. Considering that a lot of people in this forum are still waiting on their interviews and were DQ'd at the end of March, I'd recommend getting it shipped from the states ASAP. You should still have time. 

Good luck!

My interview went smoothly! Here are the questions I got asked for anyone curious

- Did we get married online or in person?

- Where? 

- How long have I known her?

- How many times have I visited her?

- How many times has she visited me?

- Is this my first marriage?

- Is this her first marriage?

- Any kids?

- Any kids from previous relationships?

- Are you going to be moving to Utah?

- When do you want to move there?

6 hours ago, Connor & Heather said:

My interview went smoothly! Here are the questions I got asked for anyone curious

- Did we get married online or in person?

- Where? 

- How long have I known her?

- How many times have I visited her?

- How many times has she visited me?

- Is this my first marriage?

- Is this her first marriage?

- Any kids?

- Any kids from previous relationships?

- Are you going to be moving to Utah?

- When do you want to move there?

Congratulations!  So, did you get married online?  I'm curious because we got married via Utah County but we were both together in England. 

7 minutes ago, TGDeano said:

If people are receiving notices of appointments only 2-4 weeks ahead of time, does that allow enough time to schedule the medical?  Thanks!

My parents were able to get in for a medical within a few days - they received the email on 13th July stating their interview would be on the 3rd August. They called the medical place and were even offered a slot the next day so hopefully it should be ok for everyone. 

09/20/05 NOA1 received
11/22/05 NOA2 received (65 days)
12/05/05 NVC received application! (say 2-4 week wait)
12/13/05 Found out forms were sent to London on 12/08/05!
12/20/05 Packet 3 received!
01/11/06 Medical - Knightsbridge London
01/18/06 Sent back packet 3!
02/15/06 Received packet 4!

02/13/06 INTERVIEW DATE 03/22/06 AT 10.30AM!! - APPROVED

Married July 29th 2006!!

08/17/2006 Filed for AOS and EAD
08/26/2006 NOA1 received for both (dated 08/24/06)
09/06/2006 RFE email.....not sure what for yet!
9/07/2006 Biometrics completed
10/13/2006 Transferred to CSC!!
11/02/2006 Approval email received!!
11/08/2006 Welcome to USA letter arrives!

11/13/2006 GREEN CARD RECEIVED - NO MISTAKES!!!!

06/06/08 Family moved back to UK!!

Husband gained UK citizenship September 2015

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Family relocating back to California

06/27/2016 I-130 Spousal Visa application sent to London Embassy

07/05/2016 NOA 1

08/31/2016 NOA 2 - case transferred to the Immigrant Visa Unit at the embassy

09/13/2016 3rd Letter received with LND number

10/14/2016 Medical

10/31/2016 Embassy interview

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
2 hours ago, TGDeano said:

If people are receiving notices of appointments only 2-4 weeks ahead of time, does that allow enough time to schedule the medical?  Thanks!

Visa Medicals (formerly called Knightsbridge Doctors) have always had a short wait list for medicals, even during the faster pace of pre-covid. Hopefully the have enough staff to keep up as interviews increase. 

5 hours ago, TGDeano said:

Congratulations!  So, did you get married online?  I'm curious because we got married via Utah County but we were both together in England. 

I flew to Utah to get married

Late March/April/maybe May DQs will have to receive interview appointments this week (or next at the latest) if things are going to continue at the current pace. Nothing scheduled from Aug 23 (for VJ'ers, at least) and those DQs will need medicals soon. Anyone with a DQ from mid-March onwards showing 'in transit' on CEAC?

Let's hope to hear something by the end of the week!  Will be amazing if they continue at this speed. Still hoping they can clear most of the backlog by end of September.

Edited by SusanandJake

14 minutes ago, SusanandJake said:

Late March/April/maybe May DQs will have to receive interview appointments this week (or next at the latest) if things are going to continue at the current pace. Nothing scheduled from Aug 23 (for VJ'ers, at least) and those DQs will need medicals soon. Anyone with a DQ from mid-March onwards showing 'in transit' on CEAC?

Let's hope to hear something by the end of the week!  Will be amazing if they continue at this speed. Still hoping they can clear most of the backlog by end of September.

Good luck! Hoping you (and everyone else here of course) hear something soon.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.