2,919 posts in this topic

Anyone know why our May and June's statistics haven't been uploaded yet? https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/legal/visa-law0/visa-statistics/immigrant-visa-statistics/monthly-immigrant-visa-issuances.html do they usually take a couple of months to update the approvals? Also, someone mentioned a thread on Reddit a while ago where they mentioned that people had been getting their interviews I can't seem to find it. Does anyone have a link? 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
4 hours ago, DaisyJ said:

I found this thread when I was specifically searching for news re. the rumoured full closure of London (it seems to have come from a lot of the K1 lawsuit peoples' info?). I see from some messages back that it hopefully shouldn't effect CR1s? Anyway. This is a lot. 

I would be suspicious of rumors saying London will have a full closure. They have been plodding along with a limited staff. The lawsuit disciples have to find 100 people to pay in $2500 so are putting the pressure on K1s who believe they won’t get a visa without paying up.

London approved 147 IR1 and CR1 visas in April. 

You should complete your timeline. It is helpful for those answering your questions and contributes to Visa Journey statistical predictions. Be sure and put London as your embassy. So many fail to do that and end up with it saying Armenia is their embassy. 

11 minutes ago, Wuozopo said:

I would be suspicious of rumors saying London will have a full closure. They have been plodding along with a limited staff. The lawsuit disciples have to find 100 people to pay in $2500 so are putting the pressure on K1s who believe they won’t get a visa without paying up.

London approved 147 IR1 and CR1 visas in April. 

This makes a lot of sense, thank you! From what I have seen, the rumour about the closure seems to go hand in hand with "only those part of the lawsuit will be processed", so it clicks that there's this huge 'do now or die' attitude. It just makes everything wholly unhelpful for those on the spousal route. Slow and plodding is far better, imo. 

2 hours ago, SB0402 said:

Hi everyone,

Wanted to update you all.

I have shared our story a couple of times but basically we were approved expedite by NVC one month ago after being DQ'd in February. They finally admitted to having a technical issue which resulted in our case not being transferred by the NVC to the Embassy but we finally have been able to schedule our interview today!!! Praise the Lord.

Interview is SO soon as we already completed the medical. 

Appointment is next Tuesday, the 13th!!! 

So thankful for this thread and for the support. Hoping you all still waiting won't be far behind. 

Congratulations!

If you don't mind me asking, what was the grounds for your expedite that finally got it approved?

17 minutes ago, LO-SA said:

Did anyone DQ in February-March (without expedite) received an interview appointment recently? 

Haven’t seen anyone no. I dq’d in March and hoping to hear something soon as my husband and three kids are there and I’m here without them. 

3 hours ago, LO-SA said:

Did anyone DQ in February-March (without expedite) received an interview appointment recently? 

No. DQ'd Feb 1st and nothing. I've emailed the NVC today. I'm not sure what else to do. Their timelines say they're about 3-4 weeks behind on answering enquiries, so yeah. 

This is beyond ridiculous now. How can people still be waiting from Feb when we're two weeks away from reopening? Shouldn't they be sending out interview dates for end of July now? 

Like one of the previous posters said, the problem could be NVC and not London. They are not sending them. I managed to get through to someone at the Embassy last week and they said they are operating at full capacity now but can't give me an estimated date because NVC haven't sent them my case details. Granted, I was only DQed 6 weeks ago, but it shows you how dependent the Embassy is on NVC. So it's not a case of the Embassy sitting on the Feb/March cases and waiting for restrictions to be lifted. But rather they unable to do anything until NVC does something. 

So the Embassy is sitting around microwaving tea:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CPIabWNntzk/?utm_medium=copy_link

It's a mess.

Edited by Felix2021

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

DQ 17th February and nothing yet. I emailed the NVC over a month ago and got a very generic response. Didn't really get a straight answer to my questions. Extremely frustrating 

Good afternoon everyone,

I wanted to share that yes, the issue lies with NVC
We spent almost 6 months with the NVC before we literally called everyday, emailed weekly and had congressmen and senators doing the same on our behalf. They admitted to a technical issue and finally sent our case to the Embassy. 

To be fair to the embassy, they have been extremely quick and helpful in terms of scheduling our actual interview. We were able to prepare everything within 2 days of the NVC transferring the case. 

6 minutes ago, Felix2021 said:

This is beyond ridiculous now. How can people still be waiting from Feb when we're two weeks away from reopening?

Also; can I ask what you mean by “reopening”?

Edited by SB0402

On 7/6/2021 at 5:17 PM, S&R2019 said:

Congratulations!

If you don't mind me asking, what was the grounds for your expedite that finally got it approved?

No problem. 
Firstly, last year USCIS did not transfer our case to NVC. Our case was quite literally “lost” between the months of May 2020-January 2021. We would have completed this process months ago had that not happened. 
Secondly, my husband had to leave me and our 10 month old daughter in January. He has missed the majority of her life so far. She is a US citizen. 
Thirdly, my husband is our only source of income. Our financial situation has not been great as we are both artists (musician and dancer).

Fourthly, mental health issues involving postpartum diagnosis. 
Lastly, the NVC admitted via email that there was a “technical fault” with our case. This was their fault which caused a delay. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.