2,897 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, Lucky4George said:

Hey everyone, reading what is posted has me confused a bit. My wife and I were DQ on Feb 22nd. My question is if we are still within the time frame for the interview or will it be a long way from now?

I DQ'd Feb 23rd, awaiting an interview date still. No interviews released in May for June, we are all basically sat waiting wondering when the next batches will be. Some were DQ'd earlier than we were and are waiting, I think DQ dates from mid-Jan if memory serves me.

Edited by Rol_P
Spelling Error

1 hour ago, Rol_P said:

I DQ'd Feb 23rd, awaiting an interview date still. No interviews released in May for June, we are all basically sat waiting wondering when the next batches will be. Some were DQ'd earlier than we were and are waiting, I think DQ dates from mid-Jan if memory serves me.

I DQ’d March 13th and based on other people’s dates was expecting my IL this month for July. With none going out in May I'm now thinking it may be delayed. My husband and three kids leave thebUK to move in just over a week. Hoping I am not too far behind them 😢

1 minute ago, DylemmaUK said:

I DQ’d March 13th and based on other people’s dates was expecting my IL this month for July. With none going out in May I'm now thinking it may be delayed. My husband and three kids leave thebUK to move in just over a week. Hoping I am not too far behind them 😢

Yeah I was similarly hoping for it but the curve ball of nothing last month wasn't exactly a delight, however, that also happened in January, have to keep fingers crossed they will pick up again soon. Getting very frustrated as we've been married 3 years in July and really haven't been able to live together at all.....but it's not a fast process and we understand that but getting the DQ finally was a promising step, hopefully, not too long now for either of us. Fingers very crossed for you not being too long apart from husband and kids etc.

This long distance is rough but keeping fingers crossed for something very soon. I know everyone waiting is anxious but soon enough the time will come.

1 hour ago, Lucky4George said:

This long distance is rough but keeping fingers crossed for something very soon. I know everyone waiting is anxious but soon enough the time will come.

Certainly living in hope it's sooner rather than later. Keep telling the wife with the DQ, we're closer than we've ever been in regards to being able to kill the distance finally and to keep the faith!

9 minutes ago, TCLondon20 said:

I presume nobody has heard anything this week either?

Wife and I have not heard anything, still waiting.

On 6/10/2021 at 12:27 PM, DylemmaUK said:

We DQd April 8th and i have to leave with our toddler next week without my husband :(

35 minutes ago, Aimeehtx said:

We DQd April 8th and i have to leave with our toddler next week without my husband :(

Yup. 
We were DQ’d in February. My husband hasn’t seen our daughter in 6 months. She’s only 10 months old. He’s missed the majority of our first borns life so far. We even got the email to say we were being expedited but 10 days later and our case still hasn’t left NVC. Our hearts are broken. It’s extremely difficult to stay positive when moments with your child are being taken from you and can’t be given back. So disappointing. My heart breaks for everyone. 

We DQd in February as well and haven't heard anything. I really hope we hear something this month.

I just wish the Embassy could put out an announcement or something to tell us why there is such a big back log instead of all the speculation (which is driving me crazy!).  I miss my husband so much, it's ridiculous that we have to wait so long just to live together in the same country! 

Sending positive vibes to everyone! 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

@Felix2021 

What is your country, consulate, visa type. Can you complete a timeline. It’s helpful to others and the statistics created by Visa Journey.

@TCLondon20

Is your consulate really Armenia like your timeline says?

3 hours ago, Felix2021 said:

People are still waiting from February? Oh my... If February/March DQs don't get emails this week (middle of the month again), I'd be seriously worried

We'll see on Monday, but it's looking like the relaxation of back-to-work/social distancing restrictions won't happen on the 21st now. So at least another month of the embassy moving at snail pace. This is getting ridiculous now.

Can someone explain why a criminal court case can take place over video call but not a visa interview? Or why the doctor at the medical can check your vitals, but the embassy can't take your fingerprints? There's no backlog for medicals. I thought the law was 'work from home unless you can't.' Visa officers seemingly can't, so why are they still operating a skeleton staff 16 months on after the first outbreak?

USCIS is catching up. NVC timeframes are significantly shorter now. But the NVC won't send cases for interview because the Embassy can't do them.

Sorry to rant but it's terrible. This is a paid service by the way. They have a legal obligation to process visas as per U.S. law within a reasonable time. Like the person above says, it's the lack of communication that's the worst. At least with USCIS and NVC you have timeframes posted on their website. 

End of rant.

Agree with all of this. We are February DQ and it is looking increasingly likely that we will not get an interview date until restrictions relax. With the Delta variant stuff, I have little hope of this being this summer. We were really hoping to spend our 2 year anniversary together in August, now that hope is all but gone. Seems a bit counterintuitive that the President and other global leaders are traveling to the UK to meet without masks without a care in the world about the "delta" variant, but it's too dangerous to interview immediate family members who have been separated for years at this point?

1 minute ago, S&R2019 said:

Agree with all of this. We are February DQ and it is looking increasingly likely that we will not get an interview date until restrictions relax. With the Delta variant stuff, I have little hope of this being this summer. We were really hoping to spend our 2 year anniversary together in August, now that hope is all but gone. Seems a bit counterintuitive that the President and other global leaders are traveling to the UK to meet without masks without a care in the world about the "delta" variant, but it's too dangerous to interview immediate family members who have been separated for years at this point?

I agree 100% 

I'm assuming no one has heard anything? Just more waiting. I'm heading over to the UK in 2 weeks for what I really hope is the last trip before husband is able to come across with his CR1, but at this point who knows. We were DQ'd May 7, it seems like folks DQ'd from February are still waiting. 😢 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.