2,897 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
36 minutes ago, meaghanpk said:

Just saw your edit with the bbc article. Yes, I've been watching the reopening plans closely. Who can tell these days? Rising case numbers but also more vaccinations.... keeping my fingers crossed that services and openings continue to pick up, though it seems like no one is getting an IR/CR appointment in June or July :(

I see 12 K1 interviews in June and 6 in July.

IR1/CR1  only 1 June interview, 0 July.

But there’s so many on Visa Journey who don’t do a timeline, or their country says Armenia because they didn’t scroll down to UK.My search was UK

5 minutes ago, Wuozopo said:

I see 12 K1 interviews in June and 6 in July.

IR1/CR1  only 1 June interview, 0 July.

But there’s so many on Visa Journey who don’t do a timeline, or their country says Armenia because they didn’t scroll down to UK.My search was UK

...and I just updated my timeline from Armenia! Thanks for the flag. 

Crazy low numbers.

I also noticed a drop off from March - April 2021:

March: 126 CR1 / 105 IR1

April: 55 CR1 / 92 IR1

Womp womp

Timeline
3 hours ago, meaghanpk said:

and I just updated my timeline from Armenia! Thanks for the flag. 

😂 😹

I was just counting appointments  that VJ people have put on their timelines. That wouldn’t reflect all the appointments, but maybe shows K1s got the available openings since limited staff. Or maybe it just reflects the K1’s on VJ are better at creating a timeline. 😁

10 hours ago, meaghanpk said:

Just saw your edit with the bbc article. Yes, I've been watching the reopening plans closely. Who can tell these days? Rising case numbers but also more vaccinations.... keeping my fingers crossed that services and openings continue to pick up, though it seems like no one is getting an IR/CR appointment in June or July :(

What makes you say there will be none in July? Don't July's interview dates come out in June?

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Arthur2021 said:

What makes you say there will be none in July? Don't July's interview dates come out in June?

I think in June, we would see maybe late July and mostly August.

I have my IR1 interview booked for 30 June having rescheduled from May, at the time and until recently there were several days a week showing as available but with limited timed slots during June and July. Now when you check in on the website it simply states there are no appointments available at this consulate.

2 hours ago, cb611 said:

So is there anything we can do in the meantime? DQ late February and absolutely nothing since. I know we're not the only ones in this situation but I was just wondering.

We are wondering the same. Have contacted the embassy but they were not helpful and just said our case is still at the NVC and there is a big backlog due to the pandemic. But how can they resolve the backlog with no interviews?  We will be four months since DQ next week with no end in sight, which is unheard of even during lockdowns.

Hi everyone, I have seen a few posts about waiting on interviews at the embassy in London, and thought it would be helpful if I could add a couple of things. As I can see, London is incredibly efficient in comparison to many other countries. In terms of wait time, I know people across Europe and Russia who are still waiting to hear about an interview from May last year, and earlier. I can see that people are getting interviews who have DQ'd within the last few months, so just trust, it's better to wait it out and you'll get good news in no time! Again, from my observations of this forum and how quickly the embassy has replied to my emails and helped transfer etc I think we're in a good situation.

3 hours ago, EmliS said:

Hi everyone, I have seen a few posts about waiting on interviews at the embassy in London, and thought it would be helpful if I could add a couple of things. As I can see, London is incredibly efficient in comparison to many other countries. In terms of wait time, I know people across Europe and Russia who are still waiting to hear about an interview from May last year, and earlier. I can see that people are getting interviews who have DQ'd within the last few months, so just trust, it's better to wait it out and you'll get good news in no time! Again, from my observations of this forum and how quickly the embassy has replied to my emails and helped transfer etc I think we're in a good situation.

Yes, other embassies are far, far behind London.

Things are looking positive for restrictions being lifted on June 21, and I'm sure they will catch up after that date. A few people on Reddit have said they were DQ'd in March and have interviews later this month. (CR1 non-expedites). Perhaps they are not sending interviews in 'batches' once a month anymore and just sending out interview notifications as and when.

For those still waiting from February, surely you are next up. Hang in there.

Perhaps they will get to DQs in April/May in July, which is pretty good going all things considered.

Edited by Felix2021

9 minutes ago, S&R2019 said:

I don't mean to raise alarm but I saw this on Twitter today:

His other posts indicate it's about nonimmigrant visas but surely not good news for us either, right?

Yeah, I saw this on Reddit today, too: 

this one was about a B2 visa, so a non-immigrant.

I spoke with a friend who works for ICE, and she said that while she has nothing to do with this and has no 'insider' information on what is going on in London, she would guess that the reason they are cancelling non-immigrant visa interviews is to work through a backlog of immigrant visas. But she isn't sure, that's just her hunch.

Edited by meaghanpk

10 hours ago, Felix2021 said:

Yes, other embassies are far, far behind London.

Things are looking positive for restrictions being lifted on June 21, and I'm sure they will catch up after that date. A few people on Reddit have said they were DQ'd in March and have interviews later this month. (CR1 non-expedites). Perhaps they are not sending interviews in 'batches' once a month anymore and just sending out interview notifications as and when.

For those still waiting from February, surely you are next up. Hang in there.

Perhaps they will get to DQs in April/May in July, which is pretty good going all things considered.

Do you have a link to the March DQ redditors who got interview dates?  We are DQ Feb. 10 and nothing yet; would be a bit shocked to learn they're going out of order now.

I booked an appointment online yesterday for July 1st and there were lots of open dates from July 1st (first available) through July 15th or 16th I think, nothing in June, in fact from memory there were appointments available on every day.  On the day I chose there were a total of 3 open time slots (all in the morning).  I should add that this is for an IR1 interview.

Hope that helps.

Edited by MikeMinusWife

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.