2,897 posts in this topic

On 5/26/2021 at 8:49 AM, Rol_P said:

I'm working on the premise that with the President in the UK in June then maybe he is visiting or there is some kind of heightened security so no June interviews.  So fingers crossed now for some news in June for July interview dates for people (hoping that Feb 23rd DQ might fall into that)!

I peeked at the K1 timelines and there are a bunch of June interviews so I don't think that could be it.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
On 5/26/2021 at 2:49 AM, Rol_P said:

I'm working on the premise that with the President in the UK in June then maybe he is visiting or there is some kind of heightened security so no June interviews.  So fingers crossed now for some news in June for July interview dates for people (hoping that Feb 23rd DQ might fall into that)!

In the past when high up US “dignitaries” have been at the embassy, they cancel interviews for that one day. 

On 5/25/2021 at 9:20 AM, AHA119 said:

So we were DQ'd earlier this month, and we thought we would have our materials sent to the London embassy. But then when I checked that link, it said our case was at the NVC. Does it stay in the NVC until the embassy in London does something? 

Timeline
41 minutes ago, meaghanpk said:

So we were DQ'd earlier this month, and we thought we would have our materials sent to the London embassy. But then when I checked that link, it said our case was at the NVC. Does it stay in the NVC until the embassy in London does something? 

It stays at the NVC until London has openings for interviews. Then NVC will assign you a date, notify you, and send the file to the embassy.

1 minute ago, Wuozopo said:

It stays at the NVC until London has openings for interviews. Then NVC will assign you a date, notify you, and send the file to the embassy.

Gotcha! Thanks for clarifying. 

We're hoping for an August or September interview, since we were only DQ'd in early May. I wouldn't say no to sooner, though!

Timeline
14 minutes ago, meaghanpk said:

We're hoping for an August or September interview, since we were only DQ'd in early May. I wouldn't say no to sooner, though!

I would think more interviews could become available when the UK opens up their lockdown levels further. Parliament is set to vote on that in June...forgot the date. More people will return to work at the embassy building perhaps. .. yes?? Full staff onsite ought to be a boost. 

Edit to add: Looked up news. It may not be going so well https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-57269032

Edited by Wuozopo

39 minutes ago, meaghanpk said:

I shouldn't think that long.

Seems like they might be waiting for the government's announcement for June 21, hence no 'batch' of interview dates so far this month. (As the previous poster just said.) Then they will go back to full staff, with  interviews five days a week and no social distancing. (Instead of two days a week with social distancing and skeleton staff).

I'd imagine they would clear the backlog pretty quickly as they would be operating at least three/four times the level they have been since all this started. Sure, they are doing K1s too now, but if they did Jan/Feb this month, it's very possible May DQs in July. You might get lucky and get early July, which is just a month away. 

Just a bit of positivity and guesswork. Things will move faster from this point, I'm sure. I think they will catch up.

But as the previous poster points out, that June date was supposed to be confirmed by the end of this month and might be delayed. 🤪

Edited by Felix2021

15 minutes ago, Felix2021 said:

I shouldn't think that long.

Seems like they might be waiting for the government's announcement for June 21, hence no 'batch' of interview dates so far this month. (As the previous poster just said.) Then they will go back to full staff, with  interviews five days a week and no social distancing. (Instead of two days a week with social distancing and skeleton staff).

I'd imagine they would clear the backlog pretty quickly as they would be operating at least three/four times the level they have been since all this started. Sure, they are doing K1s too now, but if they did Jan/Feb this month, it's very possible May DQs in July. You might get lucky and get early July, which is just a month away. 

Just a bit of positivity and guesswork. Things will move faster from this point, I'm sure. I think they will catch up.

But as the previous poster points out, that June date was supposed to be confirmed by the end of this month and might be delayed. 🤪

From your lips to Gd's/US embassy in London's ears! 

I'm flying over to Scotland for the month of July to see my husband--it would be incredible if he were able to do the interview then. In the meantime, he's getting his medical record together. He already has his vaccination record (with the exception of the COVID vaccine he just got), so that's something. 

I wonder how they determine/decide that they are scheduling K1 interviews but not CR1/IR1, etc.

Thanks as always, to this group for your help and positivity!

Timeline
1 hour ago, meaghanpk said:

wonder how they determine/decide that they are scheduling K1 interviews but not CR1/IR1, etc.

They meshed them all together when things were normal and they were full staff on board. NVC has a selection of dates they assign IR1/CR1 visas from. And once NVC sends K1 files over, those pick their own date from the calendar showing available interviews. K1s do no processing at NVC (no documents, affidavit of support, payment). But NVC started piling them up when restrictions stopped K1s from being issued so many got stuck at NVC. They are free to be processed now but England lockdown schemes have prevented full staff at the embassy. So how the bottleneck will be resolved, we don’t really know. I wouldn’t think they would send massive amounts all at one. Who knows?

Edited by Wuozopo

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
On 5/14/2021 at 10:55 AM, EmliS said:

Hi everyone!

I'm new to this thread. I actually just got an approval for transfer from Moscow to London which I'm really happy about as I have been waiting 7 months for an interview in Moscow. 

Maybe someone in a similar situation could let me know on average how long it has been taking recently to get an interview from transferring a case? My case is still with NVC, I suppose they need to contact London etc but I became DQ in October 2020.

Sorry if I'm repeating a previous post, I haven't had chance to read more than a few pages back.

Hi I have a k1 visa but have been reading this thread as my case is at the embassy and I am waiting to book an interview slot. My case was transferred from another embassy to London and it took about 4 weeks but they quoted me 6-8 weeks so hopefully yours is as quick.

On 5/20/2021 at 1:52 AM, Wuozopo said:

If you submitted copies of your actual tax return forms and schedules, then that is not “complete” unless a W2 (or 1099) accompanies. That’s a reason to ask for the W2. If you did the same for 2020, I would upload the whole return with W2 as one file to make it complete for your interview. 

If you provided tax transcripts from the IRS, then W2s should not be needed.

I have a question about this. The i864 asks for the photocopy of the most recent tax year. I submitted my  2020 tax returns. But I uploaded 1040 and 2555 (Foreign earned income) and I don't have W2/1099 since I work abroad. I did not have any problems with getting DQ by NVC. We also have a co sponsor from the US and we have uploaded her tax returns for 2019 as she has not done 2020 yet. Is this sufficient for the interview. Or do I need a tax transcript as well? Do I also need to take the returns for the last 3 years for both me and and co-sponsor for the interview or just the most recent year?

On 4/19/2021 at 6:35 PM, Charlie87 said:

So to give a background - I have a joint sponsor as my wife lives in the UK with me and has no US income.

I uploaded all my joint sponsors transcripts but only uploaded my wife’s actual tax returns because the transcripts have no been processed by IRS as the returns were sent retrospectively via paper mail (as she files

married but as im do not have an ITIN number she cannot file Online).

the officer today said I can’t see any of her tax returns or transcripts.

i explained the situation and he said that we need transcripts to show she has filed her taxes

whilst living in the Uk. Then i said that the IRS could take months.

he then asked his boss and came back and said just upload a signed statement from your wife stating she has filed her taxes for all the years she has lived in the UK, then you’ll be good to go.

so I uploaded that today along with the form 1040 tax returns again.

Hi there, we are in the same boat! we became DQ on March 15 and are waiting for the interview. Since I work in the UK, I have had to send in my tax return via mail. My husband does not have an ITIN either. Do you think I should already upload this document stating that I have filed my taxes while living in the UK? Also, did you need tax returns/ transcripts for any more than just the most recent year? The i-864 asks for a photocopy of the most recent year only right? So i have my 1040/ 2555 uploaded for 2020 and my co-sponsor has her tax transcript for 2019 (she did not 2020 yet). Do you think this will be an issue?

Timeline
1 hour ago, minnie mo said:

I have a question about this. The i864 asks for the photocopy of the most recent tax year. I submitted my  2020 tax returns. But I uploaded 1040 and 2555 (Foreign earned income) and I don't have W2/1099 since I work abroad. I did not have any problems with getting DQ by NVC. We also have a co sponsor from the US and we have uploaded her tax returns for 2019 as she has not done 2020 yet. Is this sufficient for the interview. Or do I need a tax transcript as well? Do I also need to take the returns for the last 3 years for both me and and co-sponsor for the interview or just the most recent year?

You are a unique situation because your work is not with an American company so you will not get a W2. You will be okay without it. If a transcript is already available, then that is always a good option, but nothing to panic over if not available to you. Downloading from the IRS gets tricky if abroad.

The requirement is the most recent tax return for both of you. Your joint sponsor also needs to provide proof of US citizenship or greencard. If you think 3 years strongly enhances your case, you have the option to provide three. London is not overly picky with the I-864. They just need the required things.

1 hour ago, Wuozopo said:

You are a unique situation because your work is not with an American company so you will not get a W2. You will be okay without it. If a transcript is already available, then that is always a good option, but nothing to panic over if not available to you. Downloading from the IRS gets tricky if abroad.

The requirement is the most recent tax return for both of you. Your joint sponsor also needs to provide proof of US citizenship or greencard. If you think 3 years strongly enhances your case, you have the option to provide three. London is not overly picky with the I-864. They just need the required things.

1 hour ago, Wuozopo said:

Edited by minnie mo

On 5/27/2021 at 4:25 PM, Wuozopo said:

I would think more interviews could become available when the UK opens up their lockdown levels further. Parliament is set to vote on that in June...forgot the date. More people will return to work at the embassy building perhaps. .. yes?? Full staff onsite ought to be a boost. 

Edit to add: Looked up news. It may not be going so well https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-57269032

Just saw your edit with the bbc article. Yes, I've been watching the reopening plans closely. Who can tell these days? Rising case numbers but also more vaccinations.... keeping my fingers crossed that services and openings continue to pick up, though it seems like no one is getting an IR/CR appointment in June or July :(

Edited by meaghanpk

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.