2,897 posts in this topic

16 minutes ago, Felix2021 said:

First post but been lurking for a year.

Going into June 2021, 18 months into the pandemic, where are we at with London interviews as of now? Is the outlook brighter than it was at Christmas time?

Surely, as the rest of the country gets back to normal, they have reduced the COViD backlog by now. If not, why not? They operated all through the last lockdown unlike some organisations. I see people here who were DQ'd in February and March are STILL waiting for interviews.

A few questions about my case, if anyone can kindly answer. Applied for I130 in March 2020, sent to NVC March 2021, uploaded docs, all good. Then I guess the tax year passed (April) so they requested W2 forms from my husband for 2020 despite CEAC showing as 'Accepted'. Now we seem to be at the back of the queue again waiting. They didn't ask for 2020 W2s in March because it was the previous tax year.

So we are limbo. I don't know if our case is ready for Embassy and NVC are waiting for an interview slot, or it is stuck at NVC. Neither Embassy or the outsourced company that handles NVC calls can give us an answer.

Anyway,

+ When accepted, will the DQ date be the Accepted date (March?) Or whenever they approve the W2? Again, we were not asked to upload those forms for this tax year.

+ Say our case when to Embassy tomorrow. What is the best and worst case scenario for interview dates? June? July? August? September? Or is still a guessing game at this point?

P..s. We sent an expedite for another reason and it was rejected because the Embassy can't take on expedites at the moment which suggests there's still a backlog. But maybe they've nearly caught up and want to clear the backlog for everyone in June.

Anyone has any predictions about interviews in general?

+ June, when (if) full restrictions are lifted, they will operate at full capacity again and clear the backlog in July and go back to the 4 to 6 week timeline.

+ They will invite February, March, April DQs for June interviews. 

+ Things will just remain the same for months and months and this is the new way of doing things.

It could be any ot those I guess and it's just pointless speculating. 

Nothing really to say to this other than if they had April DQers interviewed in June I would literally cry with happiness. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
4 hours ago, Felix2021 said:

Then I guess the tax year passed (April) so they requested W2 forms from my husband for 2020 despite CEAC showing as 'Accepted'. Now we seem to be at the back of the queue again waiting. They didn't ask for 2020 W2s in March because it was the previous tax year.

If you submitted copies of your actual tax return forms and schedules, then that is not “complete” unless a W2 (or 1099) accompanies. That’s a reason to ask for the W2. If you did the same for 2020, I would upload the whole return with W2 as one file to make it complete for your interview. 

If you provided tax transcripts from the IRS, then W2s should not be needed.

Just wanted to do a quick update! I flew into LAX last night finally (Medical done in Januarh, interview in February). It took a while since my direct flight to Vegas kept on getting cancelled. I won't get into the nitty gritty of what happened here, I'll do a full POE review soon.

But! It went incredibly smoothly, had zero hassle, i wasn't even taken go secondary (I have the Class B note on my annotations for having an anxiety diagnosis).

At the border, I was asked to confirm my wedding date (4th of May 2019, didn't want to see my wedding cert) and he automatically upgraded my CR1 to an IR1! Thought this might be important information.

Good luck on your journeys everyone! You'll all get there and finally be reunited soon. I'll continue to swing by and give advice if I can. Take care.

2 minutes ago, Zeppeli said:

Just wanted to do a quick update! I flew into LAX last night finally (Medical done in Januarh, interview in February). It took a while since my direct flight to Vegas kept on getting cancelled. I won't get into the nitty gritty of what happened here, I'll do a full POE review soon.

But! It went incredibly smoothly, had zero hassle, i wasn't even taken go secondary (I have the Class B note on my annotations for having an anxiety diagnosis).

At the border, I was asked to confirm my wedding date (4th of May 2019, didn't want to see my wedding cert) and he automatically upgraded my CR1 to an IR1! Thought this might be important information.

Good luck on your journeys everyone! You'll all get there and finally be reunited soon. I'll continue to swing by and give advice if I can. Take care.

Great news & congratulations!! :)

4 minutes ago, Shumai84 said:

No ILs for June interviews in London either?

No, unfortunately not. UK and Canada in the same boat it seems.

Edited by justkeepwaiting

Hello everyone

Need a bit of advise:

I had my interview may4th but embassy requested to upload my birth certificate again online. I did and havent heard back. 

Unfortunately my husbands cousin passed away yday. He is distraught and the funeral is week after next. 

i do not have my passport (as the embassy had taken it after the interview) and would like to be with him. I tried contacting them via contact form monday. No response.  there something i can do? 

Edited by AHA119

Timeline
26 minutes ago, AHA119 said:

Hello everyone

Need a bit of advise:

I had my interview may4th but embassy requested to upload my birth certificate again online. I did and havent heard back. 

Unfortunately my husbands cousin passed away yday. He is distraught and the funeral is week after next. 

i do not have my passport (as the embassy had taken it after the interview) and would like to be with him. I tried contacting them via contact form monday. No response.  there something i can do? 

Did you ask for the passport back when you contacted them Monday? Where are you planning to travel?

Edited by Wuozopo

19 minutes ago, Wuozopo said:

Did you ask for the passport back when you contacted them Monday? Where are you planning to travel?

No i was just asking if anyone that had checked my upload as the lady that interviewed me explained it will be done less than week. 

i am just worried that if i request for my passport i wont get my cr1 visa or cause more delays. 

my husband is in Chicago. 

Timeline
5 minutes ago, AHA119 said:

No i was just asking if anyone that had checked my upload as the lady that interviewed me explained it will be done less than week. 

i am just worried that if i request for my passport i wont get my cr1 visa or cause more delays. 

my husband is in Chicago. 

They probably aren’t going to answer your Monday question about progress. So if you want your passport back before visa issue, you will have to send another email asking only to send your passport because you have to travel to the US on [date] with no “how’s my visa coming along?” question tacked on.

They will send your passport by the courier. Processing will stop on your visa until you return from the US and send the passport back to the embassy by courier. It will not keep you from getting a visa, but it will delay issuance.

To be honest, it is going to be a huge hassle to jump through all the Covid hoops to even get to the US...testing you have to pay for, getting the airlines to book you as an exception to the presidential proclamations about travel to the US, quarantine, and more hoops and tests you pay for  returning. PLUS  you will delay your visa. A cousin is not even an immediate relative. Then you turn around and pay for it all again when your visa is issued. I seriously would stay home and wait for my visa instead of interrupting the process and starting back in the wait queue. You are so close. If your wait is for security purposes, they aren’t going to speed it up or tell you what’s going on or how long. If it was other than security, you would have been processed by now in my opinion.

On 5/21/2021 at 7:47 PM, Wuozopo said:

They probably aren’t going to answer your Monday question about progress. So if you want your passport back before visa issue, you will have to send another email asking only to send your passport because you have to travel to the US on [date] with no “how’s my visa coming along?” question tacked on.

They will send your passport by the courier. Processing will stop on your visa until you return from the US and send the passport back to the embassy by courier. It will not keep you from getting a visa, but it will delay issuance.

To be honest, it is going to be a huge hassle to jump through all the Covid hoops to even get to the US...testing you have to pay for, getting the airlines to book you as an exception to the presidential proclamations about travel to the US, quarantine, and more hoops and tests you pay for  returning. PLUS  you will delay your visa. A cousin is not even an immediate relative. Then you turn around and pay for it all again when your visa is issued. I seriously would stay home and wait for my visa instead of interrupting the process and starting back in the wait queue. You are so close. If your wait is for security purposes, they aren’t going to speed it up or tell you what’s going on or how long. If it was other than security, you would have been processed by now in my opinion.

You are right. i just have to wait it out with hopes things will progress. 

my wait was for me to upload my birth certificate. No idea why they are taking this long because i did it immediately. 

Timeline
51 minutes ago, AHA119 said:

my wait was for me to upload my birth certificate. No idea why they are taking this long because i did it immediately. 

Are you from the Middle East, Pakistan, India or other higher security countries? Are your parents? 

16 minutes ago, Wuozopo said:

Are you from the Middle East, Pakistan, India or other higher security countries? Are your parents? 

From sudan. but My family moved to the uk before i was even 1yrs old. 

does the impact the process?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.