2,896 posts in this topic

16 hours ago, justkeepwaiting said:

No, but in April they released the interviews on the 14th and in March they released them on the 15th, so I still have hope!

March 15th was also the beginning of the 3rd week of the month, so if not today I have vague hope it might be 17th!  Anything to move the interview dates closer! :D 

Hi everyone!

I'm new to this thread. I actually just got an approval for transfer from Moscow to London which I'm really happy about as I have been waiting 7 months for an interview in Moscow. 

Maybe someone in a similar situation could let me know on average how long it has been taking recently to get an interview from transferring a case? My case is still with NVC, I suppose they need to contact London etc but I became DQ in October 2020.

Sorry if I'm repeating a previous post, I haven't had chance to read more than a few pages back.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
7 hours ago, EmliS said:

Hi everyone!

I'm new to this thread. I actually just got an approval for transfer from Moscow to London which I'm really happy about as I have been waiting 7 months for an interview in Moscow. 

Maybe someone in a similar situation could let me know on average how long it has been taking recently to get an interview from transferring a case? My case is still with NVC, I suppose they need to contact London etc but I became DQ in October 2020.

Sorry if I'm repeating a previous post, I haven't had chance to read more than a few pages back.

I’ve read this thread since it was started. There are no transfers from other embassies in it. The October DQs have already been assigned interviews and left the NVC. Perhaps you will be picked up in the next batch since you have an older DQ date. People are expecting to hear of a new round of interview assignments any day now. Of course just when you think you have a pattern figured out, it can all change.

Anyone heard anything this morning? 

Also anyone that has gotten their interview in the past, what time did you get your email that day? 

Thinking of everyone today ❤️

4 hours ago, SB0402 said:

Anyone heard anything this morning? 

Also anyone that has gotten their interview in the past, what time did you get your email that day? 

Thinking of everyone today ❤️

I got my email at 15:50 in April. 

9 minutes ago, Wuozopo said:

And there goes the theory that the 14-15th of the month is THE day.for interview assignments.

It may well be a no interview date month again like January was 🙄😒

On 5/10/2021 at 9:32 AM, MaccaWilliams said:

Hi K93, have you heard back? If so, can I ask how long after you emailed them did you hear back?

Yes, i did it took about 5 working days they said thank you for your email your email has been passed to a officer, and then within 4 days visa was issued. Hope this helps. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
4 hours ago, Rol_P said:

It may well be a no interview date month again like January was 🙄😒

Like I’ve said before, just when you think a pattern has developed....it hasn’t. 😩

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

All of us in Canada are waiting for our interview letters also. But it sounds like Ireland got theirs today so hopefully this week brings good news

Edited by State and Maine
Spelling

On 5/14/2021 at 8:56 PM, Wuozopo said:

I’ve read this thread since it was started. There are no transfers from other embassies in it. The October DQs have already been assigned interviews and left the NVC. Perhaps you will be picked up in the next batch since you have an older DQ date. People are expecting to hear of a new round of interview assignments any day now. Of course just when you think you have a pattern figured out, it can all change.

Okay great, I'll keep my fingers crossed! It seems strange that my case didn't even leave NVC even when the interview location was in Moscow - 7 months seems like a long time after DQ. Hopefully things will be different at the London location!

First post but been lurking for a year.

Going into June 2021, 18 months into the pandemic, where are we at with London interviews as of now? Is the outlook brighter than it was at Christmas time?

Surely, as the rest of the country gets back to normal, they have reduced the COViD backlog by now. If not, why not? They operated all through the last lockdown unlike some organisations. I see people here who were DQ'd in February and March are STILL waiting for interviews.

A few questions about my case, if anyone can kindly answer. Applied for I130 in March 2020, sent to NVC March 2021, uploaded docs, all good. Then I guess the tax year passed (April) so they requested W2 forms from my husband for 2020 despite CEAC showing as 'Accepted'. Now we seem to be at the back of the queue again waiting. They didn't ask for 2020 W2s in March because it was the previous tax year.

So we are limbo. I don't know if our case is ready for Embassy and NVC are waiting for an interview slot, or it is stuck at NVC. Neither Embassy or the outsourced company that handles NVC calls can give us an answer.

Anyway,

+ When accepted, will the DQ date be the Accepted date (March?) Or whenever they approve the W2? Again, we were not asked to upload those forms for this tax year.

+ Say our case when to Embassy tomorrow. What is the best and worst case scenario for interview dates? June? July? August? September? Or is still a guessing game at this point?

P..s. We sent an expedite for another reason and it was rejected because the Embassy can't take on expedites at the moment which suggests there's still a backlog. But maybe they've nearly caught up and want to clear the backlog for everyone in June.

Anyone has any predictions about interviews in general?

+ June, when (if) full restrictions are lifted, they will operate at full capacity again and clear the backlog in July and go back to the 4 to 6 week timeline.

+ They will invite February, March, April DQs for June interviews. 

+ Things will just remain the same for months and months and this is the new way of doing things.

It could be any ot those I guess and it's just pointless speculating. 

Edited by Felix2021

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.