2,889 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, AS777 said:

Got mine too! DQ January 4th, Appointment May 5th!

Just booked my medical exam too they seemed to have good availability but would recommend calling sooner rather than later.

Hi! Congrats 🎉  Were you able to book online or did you do it over the phone? Trying to register now but it says "Your case number is not ready for an appointment". 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
1 hour ago, Amanda Hunt said:

Congrats everyone! 

Do you have to wait till you’re invited for interview to book your medical? We DQ’d Feb 17th so hopefully be in the next batch ☺️ Xx

They will ask for your interview date. Get prepared for all you need, but wait until you have an interview date before you call for an appointment. You have to bring the interview appointment confirmation to your medical so you don’t want to guess wrongly. Appointments are always available quickly.

1 hour ago, Christine Kapp said:

Hi! Congrats 🎉  Were you able to book online or did you do it over the phone? Trying to register now but it says "Your case number is not ready for an appointment". 

Are you asking about booking the medical online? Here’s how to book the medical and what you should prepare to bring https://visamedicals.co.uk/united-states/

You have to register your interview date and make courier arrangements online. It will take a day or two for your LND number to hit the system and let you in to do that. No rush to do that step.

Edited by Wuozopo

6 minutes ago, Southernboy123 said:

Am I correct in saying the interview appointment date can’t be added to the embassy site for about 24 hours after receiving the interview appt email from NVC?

Sorry just seen this answered above 🤦‍♂️

Edited by Southernboy123

A little late to the party here - interview email received!

DQ 22 Dec, interview 4 May! Not much time, but I'm certainly not complaining!! The adrenaline is definitely kicking in! 

Congrats and good luck to all! 

Edited by Dawn2021
add in a congratulations to other users

Hi all

I'm just wondering if anyone knows where to get the US style passport photos required for the interview (2"x2")? I've scoured the internet, and can only find slightly dubious looking websites that I'm not overly confident on in terms of getting them in time! 

Thank you :)

8 minutes ago, Dawn2021 said:

Hi all

I'm just wondering if anyone knows where to get the US style passport photos required for the interview (2"x2")? I've scoured the internet, and can only find slightly dubious looking websites that I'm not overly confident on in terms of getting them in time! 

Timpson

13 minutes ago, Jonathan Simpson said:

DQ'd 16th October. Interview 7th April, issued 221g. Issued 15th April. DX Courier delivery 16th April. Totally overwhelmed !!!!! Thanks everyone for their comments, advice and stories. Reading peoples journeys have really kept me sane - so thanks to all of you. Flights booked for next Friday - can't wait to see my wife !!! Anyway - thanks again to all of you and particularly WUOZOPO - now all of you - GO SMASH IT !!!!!!

Great stuff! Out of interest what docs were missing? I have mine on 19th and just want to make sure everything is uploaded

Timeline
10 hours ago, Dawn2021 said:

Hi all

The various photo kiosks in stores have a choice of US size.  

10 hours ago, Dawn2021 said:

Hi all

I got some done professionally at Tesco but I did a separate lot on the app by Passport Photo Online. Full title is ID Visa Passport Photo: Resize and Remove background on the Google Play store. About 500k downloads.

The service was great and accepted by the embassy with no issues. You can get the expedited service to get the photos sent to you in 72 hours but they give you a digital download at the same time, so you can get them printed yourself too. Hope this helps!

On 4/15/2021 at 9:29 AM, Dawn2021 said:

Hi all

Max Spielmann do them as well.

Hello All, 

for the medical I see it’s asking for a medical history from the GP. What happens if my spouse is unable to bring this to her medical due to not enough time? 

Timeline
27 minutes ago, VJmember2020 said:

Hello All, 

for the medical I see it’s asking for a medical history from the GP. What happens if my spouse is unable to bring this to her medical due to not enough time? 

It’s just a printout the person at reception or the practice manager ought to to be able to print out on the spot. Some practices have a patient portal to access your own summary. She does not need full medical records. I would delay the visa medical if I couldn’t go with all they require. 

This is to everybody in this thread.

While you are wishing, hoping, praying to get out of NVC, you should be preparing for your visa medical by getting immunization records, the medical summary, and all the visa clinic wants. Previous/current serious conditions or surgeries may need a short written note from your GP (diabetes, depression, high blood pressure, cancer, heart disease, etc). The NHS is notoriously slow for helping you with these. Well not always, but I’ve seen many in here who had 3 week waits before they would even be able to discuss what they want, then another wait to provide it. Start early and have these things in hand a month before you anticipate hearing from NVC.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.