2,889 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, Charlie87 said:

Looks like Nov 18th DQ is the cut off for March interviews. Which means April Interviews should include DQ's Nov 19th - end of Dec/early Jan DQs. 

In a fb group for London based CR1 applicants I saw somebody DQed 28thNov received interview date yesterday for a 30/03/21 schedule :)

3 hours ago, scarletheart said:

In a fb group for London based CR1 applicants I saw somebody DQed 28thNov received interview date yesterday for a 30/03/21 schedule :)

Oh man! Who knows anymore. Possibly CR1 is on a different schedule to IR1. Either way fingers crossed I’m in the next batch.

Interview date received for 8 March (we DQ'd on 20 October)! SO great to be able to write that down!

Not that I'm getting ahead of myself or anything.... but looking at the list of things we need to take to the interview, one is the confirmation page from the Form DS-260 Application. I've had a look but not sure what this is, can anyone shed any light on it? I can find the online form with alllllll the reams of information therein, but unless they just want a print out of the initial landing page where my name and case number are listed with 'complete' in the status box, then I'm at a loss!

Thanks in advance for anyone who might be able to help :) 

14 minutes ago, kjmaiwen said:

Interview date received for 8 March (we DQ'd on 20 October)! SO great to be able to write that down!

Not that I'm getting ahead of myself or anything.... but looking at the list of things we need to take to the interview, one is the confirmation page from the Form DS-260 Application. I've had a look but not sure what this is, can anyone shed any light on it? I can find the online form with alllllll the reams of information therein, but unless they just want a print out of the initial landing page where my name and case number are listed with 'complete' in the status box, then I'm at a loss!

Thanks in advance for anyone who might be able to help :)

Congrats on your interview! If you log back into the USDS here with your case number and invoice ID number to retrieve your application - https://ceac.state.gov/IV/Login.aspx - then click on the text 'Completed' below the IV Application in the Applicant Information section this is directs you to your previously completed & submitted DS260 form - if you then click through all the previously completed pages by hitting the 'Next' button at the bottom - it's about 30 pages - you finally get to the DS260 confirmation page which you can print, download or email as required for your upcoming interview. Maybe there is a quicker way to get this page - but it worked for me.

17 minutes ago, Jamie B said:

Congrats on your interview! If you log back into the USDS here with your case number and invoice ID number to retrieve your application - https://ceac.state.gov/IV/Login.aspx - then click on the text 'Completed' below the IV Application in the Applicant Information section this is directs you to your previously completed & submitted DS260 form - if you then click through all the previously completed pages by hitting the 'Next' button at the bottom - it's about 30 pages - you finally get to the DS260 confirmation page which you can print, download or email as required for your upcoming interview. Maybe there is a quicker way to get this page - but it worked for me.

THANK YOU!

2 hours ago, SophH said:

I have just been able to registered my appointment so try again, hopefully its working for everyone now

Thanks! I was able to login too. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

For those that don’t know, the embassy has instructions for your interview. Scroll down to find the part of the page that starts with Case processed by National Visa Center

https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/family-immigration/how-to-apply-2/

Then read all the other links about Medical and Required Documents.

There are a number of FAQ pages with lots of good info too. Get educated about everything you might need to know. Not everything will apply to you, but just keep going to the next page and reading.

https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/family-immigration/how-to-apply-2/

Well done everyone just getting your interview dates. I love reading people’s updates and partly the reason I restarted the thread after the original was closed.

My wife and I had our case in London December 1st and immigrated December 16th.

I’ve now got my drivers licence and SS card and started my first week working in admin for the Sheriffs office. Life is good! :) 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
19 hours ago, Shal_Ohol said:

Thanks! I was able to login too. 

Update your timeline with your

•  Case complete at NVC (DQ DATE)
  •  Packet 4 received (2/11/21 the date informed of interview date) that’s some old terminology Packets
  •  Interview date
  • Embassy London UK, not Armenia

11 hours ago, R1CH1991 said:

Well done everyone just getting your interview dates. I love reading people’s updates and partly the reason I restarted the thread after the original was closed.

My wife and I had our case in London December 1st and immigrated December 16th.

I’ve now got my drivers licence and SS card and started my first week working in admin for the Sheriffs office. Life is good! :) 

Amazing! So glad things have worked out for you two :)

Could I ask you a quick question? When you had your interview, did they ask you for financial documents?

The travel.state.gov actually says “you do not need to bring your Affidavit of Support or financial evidence you submitted to the NVC,” and we have a slightly weird tax return situation that’s been giving me major stress, just in case they bring it up at the interview and it delays things. 

Did they ask to see your financial stuff/proof of income? (We’re going to bring everything of course, but just trying to figure out how worried I should be)

1 hour ago, Wuozopo said:

Update your timeline with your

•  Case complete at NVC (DQ DATE)
  •  Packet 4 received (2/11/21 the date informed of interview date) that’s some old terminology Packets
  •  Interview date
  • Embassy London UK, not Armenia

Thanks for the reminder - I forgot about the timeline in all the excitement of getting the interview date :D 
I've updated it now. 

On 12/14/2020 at 8:11 AM, MzA said:

Hey guys,

This is a Joyous Day.... APPROVED!

July 12th - Submitted documents to NVC.

July 27th - Document Qualified.

November 13th - Email of December 14 appointment.

Checked in at Embassy 30 minutes before my 11:30 appointment time this morning and spent 40 minutes in total there. Most of the time spent waiting. Interview itself was 10 minutes.

3 questions:

Where did you meet your husband?Where does he live?

When are you hoping to go to the USA?

They were all super friendly and helped me feel relaxed.

After he said, "I will approve you today""

I heard nothing else he said lol!

I was just relieved the process was over!

This has been quite a journey but it's all worth it.

Good luck to everyone with your interviews and for those waiting on interview dates, hang in there.

Hey Guys

Arrived 12th February 2021.

I made it to Atlanta GA safely to be with my hubby. Super smooth airport process and interview.... Just to confirm address for green card, reachable telephone number, husband's name, to explain that the stamp affixed in passport is valid for 1 year and can be used as ID for driving licence, job etc and briefly about residence expectations. Then Welcome to the USA! Now to enjoying a new Adventure.

Good luck to all waiting for interviews. It's all worth it!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.