2,889 posts in this topic

Did anyone who was interviewed get asked WHERE their spouse was? Did any of you have them with you in the UK or were they stateside? 

7 minutes ago, Muso303 said:

Did anyone who was interviewed get asked WHERE their spouse was? Did any of you have them with you in the UK or were they stateside? 

I haven’t had my interview yet but I am applying with my spouse in the UK with me. We have been living here for 4 years but she intends to restablish domicile.

10 hours ago, Muso303 said:

I met my US citizen husband in London, where we both lived at the time. He has lived in the UK for long time so our entire relationship has been in the UK. Now we have to move to the US with his job. He did not come with me to the interview (due to covid restrictions) and I was asked how I met him and where we were both living at the time. In my uploaded documents, I had provided our lease agreements, house purchase documents, joint bills, etc as we have lived together for nearly 10 years.

1 minute ago, KathB said:

I met my US citizen husband in London, where we both lived at the time. He has lived in the UK for long time so our entire relationship has been in the UK. Now we have to move to the US with his job. He did not come with me to the interview (due to covid restrictions) and I was asked how I met him and where we were both living at the time. In my uploaded documents, I had provided our lease agreements, house purchase documents, joint bills, etc as we have lived together for nearly 10 years.

Were these documents uploaded at the I-130 stage or NVC stage? I uploaded these too but at I-130 stage

3 minutes ago, Charlie87 said:

Were these documents uploaded at the I-130 stage or NVC stage? I uploaded these too but at I-130 stage

I think they were at the I-130 stage alright - God it all seems like a million years ago now I am struggling to remember : ) But yes, I think it was at the beginning, to prove our relationship was legit to be able to progress with the process.

On 1/23/2021 at 12:05 PM, Sm4598 said:

We DQ’d on October 21 and weren’t in the last batch of appointments. Hoping for this round. Just posting to give people a better sense of where certain dates are in the queue. (Sorry for any notifications that make people think someone’s gotten their date!)

we DQ October 19 2020 still waiting for IL

Just wanted to update, currently in the air on the way to Arizona. Homeland were fine about me flying but the check in guy wanted my marriage cert and wife’s passport. Homeland didn’t ask but they did. I took all my papers with me thankfully. Just a heads up for anyone traveling you may want to carry them with you 

26 minutes ago, amyarella said:

Just wanted to update, currently in the air on the way to Arizona. Homeland were fine about me flying but the check in guy wanted my marriage cert and wife’s passport. Homeland didn’t ask but they did. I took all my papers with me thankfully. Just a heads up for anyone traveling you may want to carry them with you 

Ah that is great to hear you are almost there! Bravo! And really helpful to hear about what documents were needed - thank you. When you get a chance, please do let us know how it goes once you land and how clearing immigration goes!! My passport and visa are back with me now - I am all set to head over in a couple of weeks! Enjoy getting there and congratualtions!!

8 minutes ago, KathB said:

Ah that is great to hear you are almost there! Bravo! And really helpful to hear about what documents were needed - thank you. When you get a chance, please do let us know how it goes once you land and how clearing immigration goes!! My passport and visa are back with me now - I am all set to head over in a couple of weeks! Enjoy getting there and congratualtions!!

Yes I second that! Flying out on Feb 16th and got only 1.5h lay over to clear customs 😬

39 minutes ago, amyarella said:

Happy for you! 😊

12 minutes ago, amyarella said:

Hey guys I flew into San Francisco and had no issues. Was through security in 10 minutes :) 

Oh nice one! Glad you made it, now time to enjoy! 😊

did they ask you to confirm a residency address for green card and ssn?

It's great hearing that people are getting across the pond to start their new lives - wonderful stuff !! I'm waiting for the nod, DQ'd on the 16th - still no news on the interview date !! Who has the magic word they can share with me to speed up this process ?!?!?!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.