2,889 posts in this topic

Hey everyone! I had my visa interview at the embassy on Jan 21st, and since them my visa status on the CEAC tracker has been showing as 'Administrative Processing'. This morning (Feb 1st) it switched to 'Ready', then a couple of hours later to 'Issued'. Whew - that was a bit of a stressful wait! I was told I was approved at the interview, but it's easy to get a bit over stressed about these things I have found! : )

I just wanted to to give you an idea the time it took for mine to process. I know some peoples were issued much faster - no idea why some take longer than others! But mine was still within the 1 -2 week parameter they gave me at the interview - time just seemed to move very s l o w l y this last week!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
1 hour ago, KathB said:

Hey everyone! I had my visa interview at the embassy on Jan 21st, and since them my visa status on the CEAC tracker has been showing as 'Administrative Processing'. This morning (Feb 1st) it switched to 'Ready', then a couple of hours later to 'Issued'. Whew - that was a bit of a stressful wait! I was told I was approved at the interview, but it's easy to get a bit over stressed about these things I have found! : )

I just wanted to to give you an idea the time it took for mine to process. I know some peoples were issued much faster - no idea why some take longer than others! But mine was still within the 1 -2 week parameter they gave me at the interview - time just seemed to move very s l o w l y this last week!

That was longer than most in AP. Must have been a little hitch in the final security checks. A similar name hit can do that and they have to determine it’s not you.  But they cleared it quickly and you’ll have your visa in a couple of days. Congratulations. 

1 minute ago, johebert9 said:

Congrats @KathB!! to everyone out there waiting for their interview email, you're not alone. Slowly dying over here! Trying to seriously lower my expectations so I don't go crazy. (DQ'd 28 Oct) 

Thank you! It's a crazy roller coaster of a ride we are on alright - hang in there!! Really hoping you all get your interviews scheduled very, very soon. It'll all be worth it in the end!!

2 minutes ago, johebert9 said:

Congrats @KathB!! to everyone out there waiting for their interview email, you're not alone. Slowly dying over here! Trying to seriously lower my expectations so I don't go crazy. (DQ'd 28 Oct) 

I just can’t believe that no interview dates have been released since December. I was DQ’d 14 Dec so can’t imagine how you must be feeling too! As soon as anyone receives an interview please update the group! Thank you 

1 minute ago, Shal_Ohol said:

For anyone who has had their interview - how long is the interview for and is it quite intense?

Hi,

Every case is different but my interview was in December. Interview was about 10mins with 3 questions & approval: Where we met, spouse' address and when do I wish to leave London?

The entire process from arrival at embassy to completion was 40 mins.

My passport was ready for collection from courier 3 days later.

Goodluck x

On 1/28/2021 at 3:30 PM, KathB said:

At my interview last week I was told I had been approved and that my visa/passport would be sent back to me within 1-2 weeks. So I am not expecting anything else to be requested and as far as I know that was it done - I guess they switch it into Administrative Processing status while they are preparing the visa maybe? Then once it has been dispatched it's done / issued? I'm not sure - but I will certainly post back here when I get any updates.

But the visas did seem to be issued super fast in the run up to Christmas, people were saying they had them back in a matter of days!

Hi everyone! Also an update from me as I went to 221g refusal and was mega stressed so I’m case it helps anyone in the future 

interview Tuesday Jan 26th 

given a 221g to upload and courier a form

uploaded form Jan 26th

Document arrived Jan 27th

case stayed as Refused 

monday Feb 1 - went to Ad Processing and 2hrs later went to issued and my passport is scheduled to arrive Feb 2! 

9 minutes ago, amyarella said:

Hi everyone! Also an update from me as I went to 221g refusal and was mega stressed so I’m case it helps anyone in the future 

interview Tuesday Jan 26th 

given a 221g to upload and courier a form

uploaded form Jan 26th

Document arrived Jan 27th

case stayed as Refused 

monday Feb 1 - went to Ad Processing and 2hrs later went to issued and my passport is scheduled to arrive Feb 2! 

What extra info did they ask for out of interest?

1 minute ago, Charlie87 said:

What extra info did they ask for out of interest?

My lawyer uploaded my marriage record (that was DQ’d) but CO wanted the full blown fancy certificate. I thought it would have been uploaded 

and my police report she wanted translated but upon leaving the embassy I saw it was already translated and she overlooked it so I just reuploaded and couriered the same documents to cover my ###!! 

it is the most stressful thing ever, I remember waiting for my interview email and then praying no closure and then the refusal to update. My wife and I probably nearly ended up divorced at the end LOL but suddenly it happens and everything goes away. It doesn’t help but I guess this is here to teach us and never take life / loved ones for granted. 

1 minute ago, amyarella said:

My lawyer uploaded my marriage record (that was DQ’d) but CO wanted the full blown fancy certificate. I thought it would have been uploaded 

and my police report she wanted translated but upon leaving the embassy I saw it was already translated and she overlooked it so I just reuploaded and couriered the same documents to cover my ###!! 

it is the most stressful thing ever, I remember waiting for my interview email and then praying no closure and then the refusal to update. My wife and I probably nearly ended up divorced at the end LOL but suddenly it happens and everything goes away. It doesn’t help but I guess this is here to teach us and never take life / loved ones for granted. 

I hope you told your lawyer off!

6 hours ago, Charlie87 said:

I just can’t believe that no interview dates have been released since December. I was DQ’d 14 Dec so can’t imagine how you must be feeling too! As soon as anyone receives an interview please update the group! Thank you 

We DQ'd on Oct 8th and trying to wait as patiently as we can, but no appointments issued yet and of course we'll share on here when we do get some news through finally ;)

Hi all,

Is everyone getting interviews the Spouse of a US citizen? My wife is a Lawful Permanent Resident (LPR) and from what we can see, Trumps Proclamation from last year stopped all interviews and immigration for spouses of LPR's. 

Does anyone know if this is the case? Biden may change things I hope, if this is the case!

Thanks

4 hours ago, Charlie87 said:

I hope you told your lawyer off!

LOL hell yeah I was fuming!!! One year later and she didn’t upload the most basic thing... luckily my passport is due in the morning so I could be on track for my flight on Wednesday so fingers crossed! I’m now just in a mad rush !! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.