2,889 posts in this topic

19 minutes ago, amyarella said:

my interview was Tuesday this week.

my lawyer uploaded the marriage record not certificate, so I had to upload the certificate. did that

also my Swiss police record she requested to be translated. having left the embassy I noticed it already was and she overlooked it. so I re uploaded it with comments and mailed the original to them just in case. 

Ah i see. I wouldn't worry. It is really frustrating and I understand how you're feeling because it seems like stress which could have been avoided if they didn't overlook it in the first place. The fact that you have had your interview and they still have your passport, I would think they will get back to you very shortly with an approval. Hang in there and let us know as soon as you here.

On 1/23/2021 at 11:05 AM, Sm4598 said:

We DQ’d on October 21 and weren’t in the last batch of appointments. Hoping for this round. Just posting to give people a better sense of where certain dates are in the queue. (Sorry for any notifications that make people think someone’s gotten their date!)

My DQ date is October 20 last year - Hopefully we get interview date soon.

Edited by Shal_Ohol

51 minutes ago, Charlie87 said:

Ah i see. I wouldn't worry. It is really frustrating and I understand how you're feeling because it seems like stress which could have been avoided if they didn't overlook it in the first place. The fact that you have had your interview and they still have your passport, I would think they will get back to you very shortly with an approval. Hang in there and let us know as soon as you here.

thanks, I will report back! 

grateful for this forum when I am going insane!!!

We're right there with you all going insane waiting (DQ Oct 29). 

For the police certs, did you all have to get fresh ones for the appt from when you submitted the I-130? We're curious if that is the case, that we should prb start that now since we'd have to get a few and translate again. Just trying to be prepared in a time that is working against any kind of planning or preparedness! Ha

I had my interview this day last week, and my status is still showing as 'Administrative Processing' and no news of my passport (and visa) being handed over to the couriers yet. Which is grand, they did say it would take 1 -2 weeks, but it does look like they aren't able to move at the lightening speed they were before Christmas. Hang in there everyone!! The waiting is soooooo hard but it really does help having this community all combining our experiences to help get a better picture of the landscape. And breathe..... : )

18 minutes ago, twobees said:

We're right there with you all going insane waiting (DQ Oct 29). 

For the police certs, did you all have to get fresh ones for the appt from when you submitted the I-130? We're curious if that is the case, that we should prb start that now since we'd have to get a few and translate again. Just trying to be prepared in a time that is working against any kind of planning or preparedness! Ha

Police certs only need to be submitted at NVC stage, not I130 petition. So you should be fine.

4 minutes ago, Charlie87 said:

Police certs only need to be submitted at NVC stage, not I130 petition. So you should be fine.

Ah, you're right! But do you know what the validity timeframe is for those (i.e. 6mos, 1yr, etc.) if you have to get updated ones for the interview date? I ask because we got one of ours over the summer before moving in anticipation of the NVC stage so it's over 6mos old now. Thanks! 

4 minutes ago, twobees said:

Ah, you're right! But do you know what the validity timeframe is for those (i.e. 6mos, 1yr, etc.) if you have to get updated ones for the interview date? I ask because we got one of ours over the summer before moving in anticipation of the NVC stage so it's over 6mos old now. Thanks! 

12 months I think! https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/employment/required-documents/

5 minutes ago, Charlie87 said:

That's what I read too! Our attorney before was saying something about having to get new ones but we didn't think so and just wanted to confirm with those of you here who also are going through (or have already) gone through the process. Many thanks! 

1 hour ago, KathB said:

I had my interview this day last week, and my status is still showing as 'Administrative Processing' and no news of my passport (and visa) being handed over to the couriers yet. Which is grand, they did say it would take 1 -2 weeks, but it does look like they aren't able to move at the lightening speed they were before Christmas. Hang in there everyone!! The waiting is soooooo hard but it really does help having this community all combining our experiences to help get a better picture of the landscape. And breathe..... : )

Hey! Did you get a green 221g and asked to re submit or you just got approved? Wondering why yours says administrative processing as I thought it either said approved or refused or issued and administrative processing had been changed to Refused (for 221g purposes)

regardless I guess if your interview was a week ago and the visa hasn’t been issued that’s at least a benchmark for me as I will be longer

At my interview last week I was told I had been approved and that my visa/passport would be sent back to me within 1-2 weeks. So I am not expecting anything else to be requested and as far as I know that was it done - I guess they switch it into Administrative Processing status while they are preparing the visa maybe? Then once it has been dispatched it's done / issued? I'm not sure - but I will certainly post back here when I get any updates.

But the visas did seem to be issued super fast in the run up to Christmas, people were saying they had them back in a matter of days!

17 minutes ago, KathB said:

At my interview last week I was told I had been approved and that my visa/passport would be sent back to me within 1-2 weeks. So I am not expecting anything else to be requested and as far as I know that was it done - I guess they switch it into Administrative Processing status while they are preparing the visa maybe? Then once it has been dispatched it's done / issued? I'm not sure - but I will certainly post back here when I get any updates.

But the visas did seem to be issued super fast in the run up to Christmas, people were saying they had them back in a matter of days!

Yes they were! And now seems to have reverted back to the 1-2weeks like you say 😏

Hi guys,

My wife is in the US and we are at the final stages to send all our evidence off to the NVC, to then hopefully DQ! Has anybody got any ideas on time frame from DQ to interview at the London Embassy? We are hoping for an interview before July! With the lockdown going on, we are presuming it could be a number of months....

As far as we understand, as long as there are no issues, once we submit everything it takes around 3 weeks to either hear all is fine and you DQ or not. Or are we missing something?

We will of course post updates once we have submitted and when we hear any information from the embassy. 

Thanks

13 minutes ago, Frazer97 said:

Hi guys,

My wife is in the US and we are at the final stages to send all our evidence off to the NVC, to then hopefully DQ! Has anybody got any ideas on time frame from DQ to interview at the London Embassy? We are hoping for an interview before July! With the lockdown going on, we are presuming it could be a number of months....

As far as we understand, as long as there are no issues, once we submit everything it takes around 3 weeks to either hear all is fine and you DQ or not. Or are we missing something?

We will of course post updates once we have submitted and when we hear any information from the embassy. 

Thanks

Right now, those next in line to receive interview dates are Oct DQs and it's looking more like the next batch will be for March (hopefully!) as seemingly things have slowed further at the embassy. 

So, today, you're looking at about ~5mos or so from DQ date to interview but that's a big speculation. Nothing is normal or consistent in these times. And things are changing every day.

And when we submitted everything to NVC in Oct, we received DQ in about a week at that time as a benchmark. 

Edited by twobees
Add

20 minutes ago, twobees said:

Right now, those next in line to receive interview dates are Oct DQs and it's looking more like the next batch will be for March (hopefully!) as seemingly things have slowed further at the embassy. 

So, today, you're looking at about ~5mos or so from DQ date to interview but that's a big speculation. Nothing is normal or consistent in these times. And things are changing every day.

And when we submitted everything to NVC in Oct, we received DQ in about a week at that time as a benchmark. 

Thanks for the reply. Shame to hear they have slowed further...next people to DQ in March seems a long way! No, I appreciate things may change, if and when lockdown eases, fingers crossed interviews will come along quicker but we just dont know in these strange times. We hope to DQ end of Feb if all goes well!

Good news on the week from submission to DQ, thanks a lot.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.