2,888 posts in this topic

30 minutes ago, txdoc said:

DQ 11/05/20. Still waiting! fingers crossed.

Whenever I feel low about missing the missus & the uncertainty of when we'll be back together I try and remind myself that we're actually pretty fortunate because a lot of other US Embassy's around the world are completely closed right now and very few visa categories are getting processed at all in London. Every day that goes by another 2 or 3 CR1/IR1's get interviewed in London and you're another step closer to the end of all this craziness. For good!

2 minutes ago, Jamie B said:

Whenever I feel low about missing the missus & the uncertainty of when we'll be back together I try and remind myself that we're actually pretty fortunate because a lot of other US Embassy's around the world are completely closed right now and very few visa categories are getting processed at all in London. Every day that goes by another 2 or 3 CR1/IR1's get interviewed in London and you're another step closer to the end of all this craziness. For good!

Agreed! We've been travelling back and forth every couple months to make it easier. Almost there.

20 hours ago, Jamie B said:

I'm facing the same issue (soon hopefully), living up in Edinburgh with my folks until I can get back to my wife in Florida. It's worth you reading back to earlier posts here because I think some people mention that it's recommended to leave 48 hours or more between the medical and the interview otherwise it could delay the visa process potentially as they have to wait for the results back to approve the visa.

You should leave at least 5 days between medical and the interview.

17 hours ago, Wuozopo said:

You can get your medical done on the same trip. Your visa approval/issue will be delayed until the embassy receives the medical results. I think that short delay, given the cost of travel and all the lockdown issues, is not a big deal at all. They will still interview you and tell you something like “you are approved pending your medical results”. 

When I called to book my medical I was told which day was the latest to have my medical before the interview. So basically when I called and told them my interview date (Jan 13th) they told me the latest I could have my medical was January 6th. 

I'm devastated. I'm staying with family in England and my aunt picked up covid so I have to self isolate. My interview was this Thursday 😔

I'm guessing I just call them on Monday? Or will an email suffice? Not quite sure what to do.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
2 hours ago, Blanca777 said:

When I called to book my medical I was told which day was the latest to have my medical before the interview. So basically when I called and told them my interview date (Jan 13th) they told me the latest I could have my medical was January 6th. 

That is the preferred timing so the bloodwork can come back from the lab and they can complete the forms and send them over. BUT they have interviewed plenty whose medical had not arrived. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
1 hour ago, Zeppeli said:

I'm devastated. I'm staying with family in England and my aunt picked up covid so I have to self isolate. My interview was this Thursday 😔

I'm guessing I just call them on Monday? Or will an email suffice? Not quite sure what to do.

Calling doesn’t work to actually speak to someone in the IV Unit. You need to use the contact form.

Form: https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/iv-contact_form/

The London FAQs state

You can sign in to your Visa Appointment Service account to schedule or reschedule your appointment. If your appointment was canceled during lockdown and you have not yet created a Visa Appointment Service account, you will be required to register the original appointment date before you can reschedule to a new date.

Also, in the past the embassy has responded via email that you have to wait until your interview date has passed in order to reschedule. Then you log in to your account and pick I have missed my appointment (forgot the exact wording). Sounds weird because it Is full of warnings about missing the appointment, but that is what the embassy has told several people to do. 

Jumping in to this thread.....DQd yesterday 15th Jan! Hopefully looking at interview date of April/May time maybe 🤞

Just found this forum yesterday and spent far too long trawling through! 

Hey everyone! I'm Dawn and we were DQ'd on 22 December 2020 after quite a bit of faffing with police certificates (I lived in Australia for a while, and after sending off for a full disclosure fingerprint check, they sent it back and spelled my name wrong - ugh! They then changed the wording on the certificate for the reissue, apparently due to a legislation change which they'd neglected to let immigration authorities around the world know about 🤦‍♀️ ). ANYWAY, here's hoping for April time for an interview... probably dreaming though! 

Hope all goes well for everyone here! 😄

1 hour ago, DMick2021 said:

Just found this forum yesterday and spent far too long trawling through! 

Hey everyone! I'm Dawn and we were DQ'd on 22 December 2020 after quite a bit of faffing with police certificates (I lived in Australia for a while, and after sending off for a full disclosure fingerprint check, they sent it back and spelled my name wrong - ugh! They then changed the wording on the certificate for the reissue, apparently due to a legislation change which they'd neglected to let immigration authorities around the world know about 🤦‍♀️ ). ANYWAY, here's hoping for April time for an interview... probably dreaming though! 

Hope all goes well for everyone here! 😄

Ah what a nightmare! All done now though. I was DQ’d on 14th Dec so hoping for an April interview too (earlier would be great!).

fingers crossed for everyone

On 1/16/2021 at 5:13 AM, Zeppeli said:

So Sorry to hear this. Absolutely devastating. praying everyone feels better with no issues and your interview is able to be rescheduled quickly. 

2 minutes ago, johebert9 said:

I was so sure we'd have an interview email by today....anyone else waiting around refreshing their emails? Last month a few people got them around this time of day (although on the 15th Dec)! 

Also refreshing since last week! Although, we're speculating (purely) maybe since Jan Wednesday interviews got bumped to early Feb dates that new appt notifications might be pushed a week or two. Here's hoping for some news by the end of next week! 🤞

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.