2,888 posts in this topic

I would say 75 mins. They won’t let you in until right as your appointment time but then they are super efficient. I was only ever waiting 10 mins max in between being seen. You have paperwork, urine test, chest x ray, main meeting with a dr, vaccinations, paperwork, discharged

I was told then and there. I needed 3 injections due to my record not being up to date enough... just pre warning you! 

4 minutes ago, Chadmaia said:

Will they give you missing injections at the medical?

And how long after the interview can you travel to USA - typically 

It takes 3 to 5 days to get your passport back, on top of that you need a coronovirus test (with certificate) within 72hours of your flight. But keep in mind you need the passport when taking the corona test. Aslong as you time it right you can be gone in a week.

Hi everyone. Just a check to see if anyone has received their interview letters this month? I was DQ'd on Dec 14th so just trying to estimate when I will be receiving an interview date.

Much appreciated.

11 minutes ago, Charlie87 said:

Hi everyone. Just a check to see if anyone has received their interview letters this month? I was DQ'd on Dec 14th so just trying to estimate when I will be receiving an interview date.

Much appreciated.

We DQ'd on Oct 8th and nothing through yet for us. Last month, on Tues Dec 15th (I think) they sent out appointments for interviews for those who had DQ'd from Aug 17th through to Oct 2nd, so we're hopeful and keeping an eye on our inbox but very uncertain times for us all. Hang in there...

4 minutes ago, Jamie B said:

We DQ'd on Oct 8th and nothing through yet for us. Last month, on Tues Dec 15th (I think) they sent out appointments for interviews for those who had DQ'd from Aug 17th through to Oct 2nd, so we're hopeful and keeping an eye on our inbox but very uncertain times for us all. Hang in there...

Ah ok, thanks mate. Hopefully you'll be hearing this month then. The uncertainty is crazy! Oh well, plenty of people in the same boat. Good luck

12 minutes ago, Chadmaia said:

Do you have to have your medical long before your interview to get results back? We live in Scotland and travelling to London is a huge undertaking 😩 We don’t want to have to do it twice - can it be done just before interview?

I'm facing the same issue (soon hopefully), living up in Edinburgh with my folks until I can get back to my wife in Florida. It's worth you reading back to earlier posts here because I think some people mention that it's recommended to leave 48 hours or more between the medical and the interview otherwise it could delay the visa process potentially as they have to wait for the results back to approve the visa.

1 hour ago, Jamie B said:

Same! DQ'd Oct 28th and anxiously awaiting an email each morning. Fingers way crossed for an email early next week!

1 hour ago, Chadmaia said:

Do you have to have your medical long before your interview to get results back? We live in Scotland and travelling to London is a huge undertaking 😩 We don’t want to have to do it twice - can it be done just before interview?

Preferably sooner the better, incase u have to reschedule or if there's anything wrong, it takes them afew days to process the information aswell, I did mine 3 weeks before

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
2 hours ago, Chadmaia said:

You can get your medical done on the same trip. Your visa approval/issue will be delayed until the embassy receives the medical results. I think that short delay, given the cost of travel and all the lockdown issues, is not a big deal at all. They will still interview you and tell you something like “you are approved pending your medical results”. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.