2,888 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, JPC_LNW said:

My husband's interview got moved last night from January 20th to February 9th. He got an email this morning stating it had been rescheduled to "accommodate consular resources". Maybe there have been Covid cases at the embassy? If it's about the lockdown surely they would have just said so and not rescheduled people so early in February.

I think you’re right. Hopefully they have no plans to close but to just reduce the number of interviews they have each day. Because Feb 9th will still be officially in lockdown time according to Boris who intends to run lockdown until mid Feb. Fun times!

19 hours ago, txdoc said:

Hello,

my wife and son are currently visiting me in the US, they’re due to be back in UK by the end of the month. DQ 11/05/2020. 
In light of the recent announcement, and the covid situation,  I was wondering if there’s a way to extend their visit beyond 90 days. I guess an interview in the US is unheard of, Correct? 
from the current timeline, it seems like we’re expecting an interview somewhere late March. 

Hi, can I ask how they got into the states while the visa was pending? Did they have any issues or need to apply for anything, or just fly in an breeze past immigration? Might need to try to get.in myself but have an application pending. NQ Oct 16th.

10 minutes ago, Muso303 said:

Hi, can I ask how they got into the states while the visa was pending? Did they have any issues or need to apply for anything, or just fly in an breeze past immigration? Might need to try to get.in myself but have an application pending. NQ Oct 16th.

Hello,

they used ESTA. However, there’s a whole new process. A lot of people had theirs cancelled, specially if you check in online. There’s a dedicated officer at heathrow that goes through all your documents (proof of citizenship of your US spouse, marriage certificate, the more docs you carry the better). For my son, they asked for his birth certificate. Airlines will tell you the same over the phone; even if you have a valid esta, you’ll still go through the same process at the airport. 
They both come often, it’s never been an issue. 

13 minutes ago, txdoc said:

Hello,

they used ESTA. However, there’s a whole new process. A lot of people had theirs cancelled, specially if you check in online. There’s a dedicated officer at heathrow that goes through all your documents (proof of citizenship of your US spouse, marriage certificate, the more docs you carry the better). For my son, they asked for his birth certificate. Airlines will tell you the same over the phone; even if you have a valid esta, you’ll still go through the same process at the airport. 
They both come often, it’s never been an issue. 

Wow, I had no idea. So they had started their application for green card outside the us? I had assumed that it would be an issue at the US side rather than uk, so I'll definitely take a look.

1 hour ago, JPC_LNW said:

My husband's interview got moved last night from January 20th to February 9th. He got an email this morning stating it had been rescheduled to "accommodate consular resources". Maybe there have been Covid cases at the embassy? If it's about the lockdown surely they would have just said so and not rescheduled people so early in February.

It's actually interesting as well because it looks like those who are getting rescheduled fall on the next three Wednesdays (Jan 6, 13, 20). Anyone else get rescheduled from a different day of the week? 

Hey Crew - We have an interview on Jan. 25th and as @twobees mentioned it looks like everyone that's getting bumped are sitting on a Wednesday for the time being. 😕

We've not been rescheluded yet, but I wouldn't be suprised if it's just not happend yet. If it does, I'll let everyone here know that's it not just a Wednesday phenomon (6, 13, 20). 

Edited by D_Squared

Hi everyone! I just wanted to post a little update here! 

My partner had his interview on Monday and it went really well! I don't think there is much else to add that other people haven't already said. He stayed in the Travel Lodge the night before and everything went really smoothly from security, reception document check, and the interview. A few things to note: During the civil document check, the officer didn't ask for any copies (even though he brought them). It's probably best to have them, just in case, but ours weren't needed. The second thing is it seemed they were training some other employees. There was the main officer conducting the interview and two other employees behind him watching the process. The officer would point out different things about the application and why he was asking certain questions. It wasn't a problem at all, but just thought I'd mention it so people didn't feel too intimidated when they approach a booth with 3 people there! He was verbally approved and in and out of the embassy in 1 hour, most of it was waiting though! 

His US Department of State Visa tracking changed from Ready on 4th January to Administrative Processing the morning of 5th January to Approved on afternoon of 5th January. And it just arrived today (6th January) to our dedicated mailing address - just 2 days after the interview! 

Our entire timeline is:

Sent our I-130 to Lewisville, TX - 17th March 2020
I-130 received in TX - 19th March 2020
I-130 approval - 23rd April 2020 
NVC account created - 23rd April 2020

Submitted all documents to NVC - 27th July 2020 (delayed on submitting on our end to confirm US employment offer for that extra oomph on our application)

DQ'd - 18th Aug 2020
Interview date received - 15th December 2020
Interview date - 4th January 2021
Passport and visa received - 6th January 2021 

Best of luck to everyone still in the process! Hang in there, it will happen! 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
1 hour ago, akkg said:

Our entire timeline is:

Sent our I-130 to Lewisville, TX - 17th March 2020
I-130 received in TX - 19th March 2020
I-130 approval - 23rd April 2020 
NVC account created - 23rd April 2020

Submitted all documents to NVC - 27th July 2020 (delayed on submitting on our end to confirm US employment offer for that extra oomph on our application)

DQ'd - 18th Aug 2020
Interview date received - 15th December 2020
Interview date - 4th January 2021
Passport and visa received - 6th January 2021 

You should enter this on your Visa Journey timeline.

https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=368869

1 hour ago, akkg said:

My partner had his interview on Monday and it went really well! I don't think there is much else to add that other people haven't already said. He stayed in the Travel Lodge......and the rest of it

And this review of the interview goes here—-
https://www.visajourney.com/consulates/dos_review.php

Then people can keep up with your information after it’s moved off this forum page or current thread page. It is helpful to others coming along next week or next month.

Edited by Wuozopo

My 14 year old son had his interview on Monday and it went well. He was only ask 1 question ‘Where do your parents live? He was approved and was told to wait for the collection email to get his passport at DX. However DX has sent an email stating they will close their facilities and the passport will be delivered instead. So we had to register for delivery , he should receive his passport tomorrow. We are super excited! I am sorry to hear about everyone else having their interviews rescheduled. I am bit nervous having him flight during this time he has to test 72 hours before his flight. 

Hi everyone - I know that there was mention of the Embassy being shutdown for two-weeks above, but I'm wondering if anyone has been able to confirm that? 

Has anyone here gone or heard of someone going to the Embassy for their appoitnment? If so, please she the info here, so we're not all holding our breath for two weeks or longer. ha! :)

I just called medicals to confirm my appointment for wednesday

she said 

‘Yep we’re open as normal, we’re immigration and classed as essential’

i asked about the embassy 

she said 

I said is the embassy open
She said
‘Yes, they are running at reduced but yes they are open and stuff is going on there ‘

so I guess they are maybe rescheduling due to over booking or they may have had to reduce staff due to the lockdown (just speculating) 

im praying that interviews that are booked in now will be going ahead as planned as no higher lockdown can come in to place ! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.