2,888 posts in this topic

Hello,

my wife and son are currently visiting me in the US, they’re due to be back in UK by the end of the month. DQ 11/05/2020. 
In light of the recent announcement, and the covid situation,  I was wondering if there’s a way to extend their visit beyond 90 days. I guess an interview in the US is unheard of, Correct? 
from the current timeline, it seems like we’re expecting an interview somewhere late March. 

Hi everyone. Do you think the Embassy in London will close during the national lockdown?

london was in tier 4 but IR1/CR1 interviews were still taking place as normal. I wonder if that will now stop?

58 minutes ago, gouda92 said:

Hello, just got an email that my IV appointment at the embassy has been rescheduled from January 6 to February 1. Hang in there everyone! 

Hi. Did they mention a reason?

10 minutes ago, Charlie87 said:

Hi. Did they mention a reason?

No, they did not mention a reason, just sent out a new immigrant visa appointment confirmation email and instead of an old date it had a new date of Feb. 1. I also checked on the US Department of State Visa Appointment Service webpage and my appointment date has been changed there too. 

3 minutes ago, gouda92 said:

No, they did not mention a reason, just sent out a new immigrant visa appointment confirmation email and instead of an old date it had a new date of Feb. 1. I also checked on the US Department of State Visa Appointment Service webpage and my appointment date has been changed there too. 

Thanks for replying. I’m wondering if it’s purely because of the new national lockdown just announced. More delays!

I am sure they are rescheduling all January interviews because of yesterday's newly introduced lockdown. Another delay. 

Hopefully my medical will go ahead normally tomorrow! Already on my way to London! They have 3 day cancellation policy so hopefully it works this way for them as well - and not only for us when we have to reschedule! Fingers crossed 🤞 it will go ahead normally tomorrow!

I just completed my interview today, I asked them if the embassy will be closing and they said it shouldn't so I'm not sure why you guys are getting your interviews rescheduled? I'm truly sorry for those who have to wait even longer but hang in there.

1 hour ago, Mexistani said:

I just completed my interview today, I asked them if the embassy will be closing and they said it shouldn't so I'm not sure why you guys are getting your interviews rescheduled? I'm truly sorry for those who have to wait even longer but hang in there.

Oh that’s good to know. When were you DQ’d out of interest? How did the interview go?

24 minutes ago, Charlie87 said:

Oh that’s good to know. When were you DQ’d out of interest? How did the interview go?

DQ: August 20th

Interview date: January 5th

There's not really much I can say that someone here hasn't said already, but honest it went very smoothly. I stayed in Travelodge like others here recommended, which honestly for an early interview it was a great idea. It was only 15mins walk away from the embassy, cost me £35 for the night with £10 extra to check out early (so that I can leave my bag and stuff behind) I spent another £5 for the breakfast they give so I can freshen up in the morning.

Aslong as you use Google maps you'll find the embassy with no problem, got there 30mins early, had to turn off my phone before i went in, gave the reception my appointment letter. Got to the waiting area and I won't lie I was pretty nervous. First guy I went up to was pretty straight forward, told me what paper work he wants and I gave him. I would recommend sorting out your folder and know where everything is so you can hand it to him straight away. Not that it would be a problem if you couldn't, but like me who couldn't find something got more nervous and started panicking lol. But at the end it was fine, that took about 10mins by itself.

Then back to the waiting room, for roughly 30 mins. was called back up for the interview. Honestly thank god for the masks, I could make all the panic faces I want without them knowing, but if anything it was less stressful than the first guy. The person who interviewed me was friendly and open, it didn't take long for me to relax. But in the end they're just people doing their work, aslong as we're not faking to for the visa whats there to get nervous about? He asked me 4 questions and told me there and then I passed and will be expecting my passport within 2 weeks.

The questions he asked me were:

- How did you and your spouse meet?

- what will you do about the healthcare?

- How many times did your spouse come to England?

- why did you two decide to move to the US and not the UK?

Total time the interview took must've been under 10mins, maybe even 5. The questions will likely be different for each person but it seemed like aslong as long as you have a casual convo or/and be sincere, things will go fine. I seen 3 people leave the embassy happy before me and about 10 while i was there, did not look like they denied anyone but ofc I can't say for certain.

1 minute ago, Blanca777 said:

I phoned Visa medicals and they told me the embassy is closing for 3 weeks 😑. Still waiting for them to confirm my tomorrow's medical. How frustrating!😑

That is frustrating. Considering the lockdown is initially until the middle of Feb, you would have thought that if lockdown related then the embassy would close until then.

who knows! Hope everything goes smoothly for you and all.

1 minute ago, Blanca777 said:

I phoned Visa medicals and they told me the embassy is closing for 3 weeks 😑. Still waiting for them to confirm my tomorrow's medical. How frustrating!😑

I'm sorry to hear, I asked the interviewer but he didn't seem 100% sure himself. Hope things don't get pushed back any further

My husband's interview got moved last night from January 20th to February 9th. He got an email this morning stating it had been rescheduled to "accommodate consular resources". Maybe there have been Covid cases at the embassy? If it's about the lockdown surely they would have just said so and not rescheduled people so early in February.

Edited by JPC_LNW

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.