2,888 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Caresse33 said:

Hi, I understand that everyone seems to be waiting for an adult visa appointment. I am waiting for IR2 visa appointment for my son who is a teenager 14 years old. Apparently when you 13 year old you do not attend interview however my son just turned 14 in November with this long wait, although he was DQ since August. I guess my question is , is there anyone here waiting for a teen appointment? Does anyone know what sort of question they would ask a teenager? 

Hi @Caresse33

I don’t have the answer but I know in certain cases ages are locked when a case is documentarily qualified. I would recommend starting a new thread and someone will come along with more knowledge and answer it I’m sure! Its more likely to be picked up on a fresh thread I think. 

17 minutes ago, R1CH1991 said:

Hi @Caresse33

I don’t have the answer but I know in certain cases ages are locked when a case is documentarily qualified. I would recommend starting a new thread and someone will come along with more knowledge and answer it I’m sure! Its more likely to be picked up on a fresh thread I think. 

Thank you 

I started a new thread for CR2 and IR2 appointment updates, please share the thread if you can . Thank you

On 12/8/2020 at 12:18 AM, SEWI said:

@Andy&Jamie really really happy for you! Enjoy this moment, and all of the wonderful times to come! ❤️

It seems our experiences are similar, with regards to processing times and missing 1040s!

It took 10 days for my passport to be returned to me, after my interview and the (second) submission of my spouses 2019 1040. Hopefully yours will be returned a little faster than mine! 

Thank you so much! The experience has been marred a little bit by the fact I got sent home from work yesterday on account of having no sense of taste or smell, then I passed out for 16 hours lol... I feel a bit better today but I'm awaiting the results of a covid test before I can make any further plans. Should still be okay though, I can smell now but everything still tastes dull. I wonder if its some kind of reaction to a stress comedown. That said according to the ceac my visa changed to issued this morning, so that's positive! I'm sorry you got held up by the 221g. I was a little nervous that there might have been other problems for myself too but honestly I'm just glad it's sorted and glad that yours is sorted too! Thank you again for the well-wishes! ❤️

On 12/7/2020 at 11:51 PM, willingtowait4it said:

Yay!!! Congratulations! Please keep us posted as to when you receive your passport back! 

Status just switched to issues today so assuming this covid test is negative (couldn't taste or smell yesterday then slept for like 16 hours or something 😐 ) then I will do! Thank you!!! 

57 minutes ago, Andy&Jamie said:

Thank you so much! The experience has been marred a little bit by the fact I got sent home from work yesterday on account of having no sense of taste or smell, then I passed out for 16 hours lol... I feel a bit better today but I'm awaiting the results of a covid test before I can make any further plans. Should still be okay though, I can smell now but everything still tastes dull. I wonder if its some kind of reaction to a stress comedown. That said according to the ceac my visa changed to issued this morning, so that's positive! I'm sorry you got held up by the 221g. I was a little nervous that there might have been other problems for myself too but honestly I'm just glad it's sorted and glad that yours is sorted too! Thank you again for the well-wishes! ❤️

Not ideal, but I think most importantly, am pleased to hear you're feeling a lot better today! 

Fingers crossed for a negative test so you can continue making some plans. You should definitely have your visa in hand before the end of the week - keep an eye out for an email from the courier today/tomorrow! 

5 minutes ago, Aimeehtx said:

1. what vaccinations were required? 2. Did you have to get additional? 3. Did you do this preemptively or at the clinic? 4. We’re you able to use nhs for new vaccinations? 5. Which visa clinic did you use?

The CDC list seems really extensive, is that accurate?

thanks!

Had my interview last week 1/12 and medical the two weeks before 18/11. 

1. There is a specific list of vaccinations that are required, but I don't think I needed everything on the list.

Have a look and see what's on the list here: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/vaccinations.html

2. I needed a tetanus booster (£40 I believe)  

3. Had this during the medical for ease and simplicity.

4. If you are able to find a clinic that does the vaccinations, then you can, just ensure you have paperwork to take along to your medical for review (along with your vaccination record and summary care record from your GP)

Some people have said their GP surgeries do offer vaccinations for travel, but I think unlikely at this stage because their focus may be on the COVID vaccine. 

5. You are only able to use one specific visa clinic for your medical, this one here: https://visamedicals.co.uk/ 

Hope that's helpful! :)

5 minutes ago, PBabz said:

Had my interview last week 1/12 and medical the two weeks before 18/11. 

1. There is a specific list of vaccinations that are required, but I don't think I needed everything on the list.

Have a look and see what's on the list here: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/vaccinations.html

2. I needed a tetanus booster (£40 I believe)  

3. Had this during the medical for ease and simplicity.

4. If you are able to find a clinic that does the vaccinations, then you can, just ensure you have paperwork to take along to your medical for review (along with your vaccination record and summary care record from your GP)

Some people have said their GP surgeries do offer vaccinations for travel, but I think unlikely at this stage because their focus may be on the COVID vaccine. 

5. You are only able to use one specific visa clinic for your medical, this one here: https://visamedicals.co.uk/ 

Hope that's helpful! :)

Thanks angel! I’ll have a look! 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
3 hours ago, Aimeehtx said:

To anyone that has had their interview/medical recently - what vaccinations were required? Did you have to get additional? Did you do this preemptively or at the clinic? Which visa clinic did you use? We’re you able to use nhs for new vaccinations? The CDC list seems really extensive, is that accurate?

thanks!

What you want to know about the shots was posted by me in detail less than 24 hours ago in this very thread. 

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/750816-london-cr1-ir1-appointment-updates/?do=findComment&comment=10333886

The shot requirements have not changed in years and I am very familiar with all the nuances of shots including  which ones get waived for specific conditions like pregnancy, allergic reactions to vaccines in the past, not age appropriate, not flu season etc. If you will read yesterday’s post, it covers shots required of adults and should help you.

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/750816-london-cr1-ir1-appointment-updates/?do=findComment&comment=10333886

And as a reminder to those new in this thread, if your question is not about an interview date assigned by NVC, then start or join another thread on your topic of shots, medical clinic, expedites, children’s visas, hotels, and such. The thread just like this one was shut down because it had so many posts talking about topics other than “I got my interview date”.

DQ'd on 8th October '20, the missus is in Miami, Florida & I'm living with parents up in Edinburgh, Scotland - anxiously waiting on the next round of London Embassy interview appointments (hopefully tomorrow morning). We may well not be in this next batch of interview appointments but so relieved that the embassy has continued to interview throughout recent lockdowns & they've been able to complete more CR1 interviews each month (July 49, Aug 65, Sept 76, Oct 81).

Good luck to everyone else who DQ'd in August, September and beyond, we're getting closer every day...

On 12/9/2020 at 11:33 AM, Aimeehtx said:

To anyone that has had their interview/medical recently - what vaccinations were required? Did you have to get additional? Did you do this preemptively or at the clinic? Which visa clinic did you use? We’re you able to use nhs for new vaccinations? The CDC list seems really extensive, is that accurate?

thanks!

Hi Aimeehtx,

I had my medical yesterday.

I got all the vacines on this list ahead of the interview (I took them at City Doc in London):

vaccine-requirements.jpg

However, in addition to the TD/TDAP already taken, they made me take an additional Tetanus shot (cost: 40 Pounds)....

Technially, there's one more Tetanus shot required but that got waived due to us filing an IR-1.

So I paid £390 in all for my medical....

I hope this helps :)

Kind regards and good luck

Edited by yere_and_kanbi

6 hours ago, Jamie B said:

DQ'd on 8th October '20, the missus is in Miami, Florida & I'm living with parents up in Edinburgh, Scotland - anxiously waiting on the next round of London Embassy interview appointments (hopefully tomorrow morning). We may well not be in this next batch of interview appointments but so relieved that the embassy has continued to interview throughout recent lockdowns & they've been able to complete more CR1 interviews each month (July 49, Aug 65, Sept 76, Oct 81).

Good luck to everyone else who DQ'd in August, September and beyond, we're getting closer every day...

DQ'd 28th October so not too far behind you! Hoping there were some August and September people who heard back today but it's so quiet I'm wondering if not! Where did you get the number of interviews? That's so awesome, would love to know the November number / keep track. Good luck to all Aug and Sept people!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.