2,931 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, UK_Dreamer said:

It’s advised no less than 5 working days and no more than 6 months before arrival date to USA 

Tried to register appointment and it says ‘case not ready’. I’m assuming it’s because the system hasn’t updated yet

Anyone else experiencing this ? 

We were able to access today, but have some confusions. So, haven't registered today.

10 hours ago, cbell2 said:

See you on the 2nd!

From what I understand, the to-do list now includes:

• Two 2x2 photos
  • Registering the appointment online
  • Scheduling medical appointment,
  • Setting up a courier for the passport w/ visa to be shipped back
  • Gathering all relevant documents

If I'm missing anything can someone please reply :)

Thank you for putting everything in a nutshell. See you on Dec 2 and best of luck for us!

8 hours ago, Walker-X said:

As I understand it, the medical doesn't HAVE TO be completed before the interview. Because there were cases when someone couldn't get the medical done in time and they asked what they should do about the interview. And they were told to go to the interview anyway, instead of rescheduling it. You just won't get your visa until the medical is completed. And it takes them approx. 5 days to send the medical results to the consulate, that's why they say it should be completed at least 5 days before, to not delay your visa.

But happy to be corrected.

Didn't know about this fact. Interesting! 

Hi all,

Long time reader. First time poster on this thread. It’s been so helpful to ease my anxiety throughout this process so thank you to all of you for your updates.

I recieved my IL on Friday for Dec 2.

Right now I have not been able to register my interview. Is anyone else still having this issue? I did see someone was able to register but chose not to. 

Thanks in advance 

17 hours ago, UKtoUS24 said:

Hi all,

Long time reader. First time poster on this thread. It’s been so helpful to ease my anxiety throughout this process so thank you to all of you for your updates.

I recieved my IL on Friday for Dec 2.

Right now I have not been able to register my interview. Is anyone else still having this issue? I did see someone was able to register but chose not to. 

Thanks in advance 

Same issue.  I was finally able to register our appointment today.  Previously it had said our case wasn't ready to be registered yet.  It was probably just a delay in getting it processed in their system.

Guys just a warning if you reschedule your appointment you’ll automatically lose your slot 🥲 which is ridiculous because rn there’s no reschedule slots it just says ‘try again later’.

Wish that was made clear that you can’t just look at reschedules 

Technical team has given us an email that might help… but basically they’ve let us know that we’ll just have to check the reschedule everyday until the embassy releases new dates 

Just now, UK_Dreamer said:

Guys just a warning if you reschedule your appointment you’ll automatically lose your slot 🥲 which is ridiculous because rn there’s no reschedule slots it just says ‘try again later’.

Wish that was made clear that you can’t just look at reschedules 

Technical team has given us an email that might help… but basically they’ve let us know that we’ll just have to check the reschedule everyday until the embassy releases new dates 

Has anyone been in a similar situation? Would love any tips

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.