2,887 posts in this topic

Updating to add we got DQ’d today! Happened quicker than expected (submitted 30 August) but such a relief to know we are hopefully in line for a November interview, will be watching this thread even closer now for letters going out end of month. After losing some hope waiting for the I-130 process which took forever, things are finally moving! Hoping to have our first California Christmas this year. ❤️

On 9/7/2023 at 5:23 PM, BLC said:

I agree and think you have a high probability of being in NY for Xmas this year! And NY is the best at Christmas time. Although, I do really love Manchester and the Christmas markets, too! From the pattern I’ve noticed, you will more than likely get your interview for end of November 😊

I was just wondering if your CEAC account ever changed the "Your case is currently at" to London after you were DQ'd and before your IL?

Ours still says NVC and I was wondering whether it even gets updated?

13 hours ago, Minkybear said:

I was just wondering if your CEAC account ever changed the "Your case is currently at" to London after you were DQ'd and before your IL?

Ours still says NVC and I was wondering whether it even gets updated?

Ours only changed once we got the IL. 

Hi Everyone,

I just want to say I started this thread in October 2020 when I was going through the process. Tomorrow, I’m eligible to file for naturalization. It blows my mind that we’ve reached 155 pages. The amount of useful information contained has been so helpful for me and so many others that went through after. I thank you for your input :)

My time in the US been awesome. I now have an 8 month old son, who is a joy, and I’m glad we persevered through the hard days apart!  It was definitely worth it. Life is good, and I wish everyone all the very best with their processes :) 

17 hours ago, R1CH1991 said:

Hi Everyone,

I just want to say I started this thread in October 2020 when I was going through the process. Tomorrow, I’m eligible to file for naturalization. It blows my mind that we’ve reached 155 pages. The amount of useful information contained has been so helpful for me and so many others that went through after. I thank you for your input :)

My time in the US been awesome. I now have an 8 month old son, who is a joy, and I’m glad we persevered through the hard days apart!  It was definitely worth it. Life is good, and I wish everyone all the very best with their processes :) 

That's lovely to hear. It's nice to see others finally reach that stage! Right now I'm getting really worked up and nervous about the upcoming medical exam :(. But we must all keep our eyes on the "prize" of being together with our loved ones again.

I just got interview for my kids, i was given july 10, 2023, this should be an error. i tried to register so i rescheduled it, it saying not ready for appointment.

Please what do u advise i do

thank you

Wonder if interview letters will go out this week... the pattern seems to be last week of the month or early the following month... we shall see! 😊

7 hours ago, Minkybear said:

Wonder if interview letters will go out this week... the pattern seems to be last week of the month or early the following month... we shall see! 😊

We got ours the beginning of the month (it was Sept 4 or 5). So don’t get discouraged if you don’t see it this week!

Got DQ’d on Sept 14 and waiting for the interview appointment date. From something I found that NVC schedules interviews on a monthly basis. So since they’ve recently finished scheduling for October interviews.. Those of us who got DQ‘d in mid Sept should receive our interview dates sometime in October and the dates will be for Nov-Dec appointments.

Here’s the link: https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/PDF-other/NVC_role_in_IVs_for_applicants_November_2016.pdf

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.