2,888 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
1 hour ago, SteveBris said:

Our documents had been approved and I thought that it was ok to bring the 2019 tax documents physically with you? 

Apparently not. They seem to want uploaded digital files and are unwilling to scan and upload them at the interview.

Thanks for your response, one last question if you don’t mind? 
if I upload today will they see that then on Monday or would I likely get a further evidence required document and have to wait for the documents to get approved?

Wish I’d uploaded them last month but the letter says you can bring then to interview! 

9 minutes ago, Wuozopo said:

Apparently not. They seem to want uploaded digital files and are unwilling to scan and upload them at the interview.

Apologies if I’m being a bit dim here. As the UK spouse, I’m not versed in the titles of documentation.

Told my husband I needed a copy of his W2 and I believe that’s what he’s sent, 2019 documents. 
Do I need to be bringing along anything else, tax return wise? 

3 hours ago, Wuozopo said:

It was at this point that I had to exercise composure in the moment- the officer accepted the physical document as satisfying their final request for evidence, yet, still insisted I upload the document again to be reviewed digitally? 👀 

3 hours ago, PBabz said:

Apologies if I’m being a bit dim here. As the UK spouse, I’m not versed in the titles of documentation.

Told my husband I needed a copy of his W2 and I believe that’s what he’s sent, 2019 documents. 
Do I need to be bringing along anything else, tax return wise? 

If I am not mistaken 2019 tax transcript is advisable along with the w2? I’m just going off what I’ve seen on here. 

I’m just hoping they have access to the documents I uploaded today on Monday. Fingers crossed as it seems many people were just asked at the embassy for w2’s and had no issues.  

Edited by SteveBris

15 hours ago, SteveBris said:

If I am not mistaken 2019 tax transcript is advisable along with the w2? I’m just going off what I’ve seen on here. 

That's super helpful, thank you. I asked my husband this morning and he said something about tax returns. I took that as him knowing what I meant.

15 hours ago, SteveBris said:

I’m just hoping they have access to the documents I uploaded today on Monday. Fingers crossed as it seems many people were just asked at the embassy for w2’s and had no issues.  

I hope all goes well for you on Monday. 🤞 @R1CH1991 and I will be shortly after you on Tuesday! Here's hoping we all come back here and report good things to keep encouraging everyone along! 

https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/document/guides/M-618.pdf

I found this manual for people immigrating which may be helpful :)

22 minutes ago, Andy&Jamie said:

I've arrived at the medical place like 40 minutes early lol... Any suggestions? 

I would take a walk - I did the same last week!

Have a little walk up to one of the gardens, I read my book in Cavendish square gardens. 

Good luck :D

1 hour ago, PBabz said:

I would take a walk - I did the same last week!

Have a little walk up to one of the gardens, I read my book in Cavendish square gardens. 

Good luck :D

I had a wander! Don't know London very well so I stayed pretty close but it seems a nice enough part of town. Almost done with the medical now, glad everyone is so friendly! 

19 hours ago, Andy&Jamie said:

I had a wander! Don't know London very well so I stayed pretty close but it seems a nice enough part of town. Almost done with the medical now, glad everyone is so friendly! 

Hoping all went well yesterday..

Like you, I didn't wander more than about a 15 minute walk away. 

1 hour ago, Aimee Leneve said:

This is going to some ignorant I think and I’m sorry if I’m posting to the wrong thread - but the NVC just denied our expedite request on the grounds that the US Embassy has suspended routine visa services. What does that mean? Is it because I’m a permanent resident and not a citizen? 

Not ignorant, there’s a lot of information around that can be confusing if you’re not overly familiar with it all. 

The embassy is only processing what they’ve called ‘mission critical’ visas presently. For them this means things like, spousal and family visas, student visas and a couple of others I think. 

There’s a link a few pages back that I posted highlighting exactly what that means in practice. Will have a look and see if I find it and post again for you, but your request denial is nothing to do with the fact that you’re a resident and not a citizen. Your application should still be processed, but just in line with ordinary timeframes when ‘normal’ processing resumes. 

Hang tight for the link to the information I mentioned. 

EDIT: 

Quote from the initial proclamation in July here:

Mission-critical immigrant visa categories may include applicants who may be eligible for an exception under this presidential proclamation, such as: IR/CR1, IR/CR2, IR/IH-3, IR/IH-4, SQ, SI, and certain employment-based medical professionals, as well as cases involving an applicant who may age out.  

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/News/visas-news/Proclamation-Suspending-Entry-of-Immigrants-Who-Present-Risk-to-the-US-labor-market.html

Edited by PBabz

Just now, Aimee Leneve said:

Ours is a CR1 😩. I don’t know why it’s not being sent through 

Oh dear! 
This one is out of my depth I’m afraid. Hoping that someone else around might be able to offer some insight for you. 

Definitely not the right reason if your expedite has been denied, but your application will still be going through the process, albeit slowly given the current backlog. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.