2,888 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, Dags said:

UPDATE: just got an email with courier details and tracking no. My visa and passport will be with me tomorrow! This is within 2 days of visa interview (it was on Nov 17).

Very cool! We are waiting for the e-mail still with the courier. My spouse's is also showing as issued on the tracker.

Hope we hear news soon too!

So.

I had my interview on Monday this week. Echoing what everyone else has largely been saying, the whole process was very easy going.

I was terribly nervous while waiting to be seen, but the guys I spoke too were very good at putting me at ease with the situation and talked through everything very calmly. 

one moment of anxiety hit as the first chap I spoke to, advised me that they still had not received my medical from Visa Medicals. He advised that I give them a call before the immigration officer called me up.

I did as they asked and was informed by Visa medicals that my information had been submitted on October 27th, but not to worry because if the immigration officer couldn’t find it, there would be no problem sending copies over.

about 20 minutes later I was called up to speak to the immigration officer. Again, the nerves kicked in, until I approached the window and he immediately commented on my tattoos. 😂 he said it was clear I’m more of a PlayStation fan than Xbox (I have the PlayStation button logos tattooed on my right hand fingers) and he also commented that I’ve “got the entire justice league on your other arm” he also asked me if my wife was allowing me to buy a PS5... because his wasn’t!! 

after we got down to business, I was asked if I’d lived and worked in America before, and why I wanted to go back again, he asked me if we’d looked into medical insurance and where we’d be staying. Then he asked about the medical information. I relayed what Visa Medicals had told me and he made a note of it on my file. 

he gave me the dreaded green “refused” paper, but explained not to worry because I was technically approved, but they couldn’t issue an approval until they found the medical notes.

I was in the embassy for a total of about 50 minutes. 

just today, my status online has changed from Refused to “Administrative processing” so it looks like they found my notes!!

finally we can start making solid plans!!

Stay positive everyone who’s still waiting! Best of luck to everyone! 

Just now, Dags said:

I second that! Interview Nov 17 @11.0am and passport with visa here with me @09.10 today.

Lol, actually, If I am being exact about it, it was delivered at 9:39am. It is great they are being consistent and delivering everyone's passports back to them 46 hours and 10 minutes after their scheduled interview time 😁

2 minutes ago, Dags said:

I second that! Interview Nov 17 @11.0am and passport with visa here with me @09.10 today.

This is great news for both of you :)

Let the speedy processing continue for upcoming interviews 🤞

On 11/18/2020 at 3:08 PM, Dags said:

UPDATE: just got an email with courier details and tracking no. My visa and passport will be with me tomorrow! This is within 2 days of visa interview (it was on Nov 17).

Hi, Does it say what time your visa and passport will be delivered? Or just the date? 

Edited by Keep the faith

4 minutes ago, Keep the faith said:

Hi, Does it say what time your visa and passport will be delivered? Or just the date? 

Good question. I am pretty sure it just said 9am - 6pm. But it seems like they're quite fast and efficient. If it is to make sure you are at home, it seems they aren't asking for ID (at least, I know Dags and I weren't asked?) so so long as someone is home I think it is fine. 

14 hours ago, Dags said:

Incredible!! I can’t believe how efficient they’ve been. Hoping that by our interview date (Dec 15) things are still as efficient, it would be amazing to be together in time for the holidays ❤️

10 hours ago, willingtowait4it said:

Incredible!! I can’t believe how efficient they’ve been. Hoping that by our interview date (Dec 15) things are still as efficient, it would be amazing to be together in time for the holidays ❤️

I am sure you will be! The longest I have heard for the passport being delivered is 7 days, but everyone else seems to be saying 2-4. You could always book a fully flexible flight (just in case you need to change it!), if you want to take advantage of the cheaper prices right now. And if something goes wrong you can just change it for free! I booked mine for 8 days after the interview, and all has worked out. I know someone on here just booked their flight as soon as their visa arrived for the very next day, but I am guessing they paid a pretty penny for that! 

8 hours ago, TamMhmd said:

Some heartwarming news from the main updates forum that made me smile.

Visas issued in London for October:

CR1 - 81

IR1 - 94

Makes me so happy to know there are so many people that have been reunited with their other halves! 🥰

Excited that a number of us here will be making up these numbers too for December :D 

Wishing everyone good luck - December is just around the corner, quite literally! 

I had my interview at the US Consulate yesterday morning (23-Nov-2020). 

I'd like to echo the feedback of the recent experiences, that the interview itself was conducted in ~5 or so minutes- certainly much quicker than I was expecting. 

The interview commenced with the raising of my right hand, taking an oath that all information was true and complete. 

I was then asked several straightforward questions:

- When did you and your spouse meet?

-- How did you and your spouse meet?

- Where does your spouse live?

-- Why did you (and your spouse) recently move across country? (Texas -> Virginia)

- Do you have the 2019 tax return/filings?

I was particularly confused by the final question, as I was absolutely certain all the documents (3 years of tax returns) had been submitted/accepted. The officer notified me that only the 2018 tax returns were available, and that she wouldn't be able to issue my visa until their submission.

I presented her the hardcopy of 2019, which she accepted, but explained that I would have to upload and digitally submit this document, and contact the designated e-mail address once completed.

I asked how significantly this might delay the processing/issuing of my visa, and she kindly told me to expect my passport to be couriered to me within 1-2 weeks, following the submitting of requested evidence.

I uploaded the 2019 tax return at ~15:00 (23-Nov), e-mailed confirmation of my doing so immediately after, and received a response to my e-mail at 07:37 (24-Nov), explaining that the documents were to be reviewed. 

I also submitted a screenshot of my CEAC documents, showing that the 2019 had been submitted/accepted by the NVC on 21-Aug-2020.

--- Annoyingly, this isn't the first time I have had document availability issues with the NVC via digital submissions.

The only note I would like to add is that the officer interactions are conducted via open-booths, in an open space, which I personally found to be odd and unsettling. 
I overheard the names/contact details and personal snippets of perhaps eight other individuals during the 80-minutes I was in the waiting area, the only positive being that you could get insights into the interview process?

Instructions were given to remove my face mask for the interview- but not for the initial submission of documents.

Here is to hoping there won't be any further delays!

Best of luck to everyone else due to be interviewed! 

1 hour ago, SEWI said:

Here is to hoping there won't be any further delays!

Best of luck to everyone else due to be interviewed! 

Wishing you speedy processing of the documents you uploaded for review (again!) 

Here's hoping they are as expeditious as can be! 

Of course, thanks for sharing your experience and good luck :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.