2,887 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
6 hours ago, shefuk1 said:

Usually people get their IL emails first thing at like 6am UK time, so I don’t think we will hear anything this week. Perhaps the end of next week, as that will then have been nearly 4 weeks since the last set of letters were sent out

There have been times when a given month seems to have been totally skipped (like last January). As much as people try to establish a pattern, (like previous “end of month” and before that “middle of month”) it sometimes just changes.  

Edited by Wuozopo

3 hours ago, shefuk1 said:

It finally arrived! Check your emails all!

DQ: 9th Jan

IL: 7th Feb

Interview date: 14th March

Hi all … congratulations! I know you must all be so relieved and happy right now!

I’m new to the conversation, but wondering if you might have any ideas or experience…

I was DQ’d on 18 Jan 23, but I haven’t received an IL yet. Judging by all your responses this morning, perhaps I’m hasty and it is yet to arrive during the course of the day (I hope!)

Can I ask who the email comes from (NVC or the embassy in London)?

I had my medical yesterday… I realise that may be another thread… but happy to answer any questions on that if anyone needs.

Good luck everyone!

3 minutes ago, At94 said:

Hi all … congratulations! I know you must all be so relieved and happy right now!

I’m new to the conversation, but wondering if you might have any ideas or experience…

I was DQ’d on 18 Jan 23, but I haven’t received an IL yet. Judging by all your responses this morning, perhaps I’m hasty and it is yet to arrive during the course of the day (I hope!)

Can I ask who the email comes from (NVC or the embassy in London)?

I had my medical yesterday… I realise that may be another thread… but happy to answer any questions on that if anyone needs.

Good luck everyone!

It comes from the NVC. Normally they do send out IL letters all at once at the same time; have you checked your spam folders etc? They sometimes do 2 batches of IL a month. I too had my medical yesterday morning!

Edited by shefuk1
Typo

22 minutes ago, shefuk1 said:

Were you both able to register your appointment please? My case number shows up as "not ready to be scheduled". Thanks

No I was unable as well. It advises to leave it 5 days whilst the system updates. Try again at the weekend. 

4 minutes ago, shefuk1 said:

It comes from the NVC. Normally they do send out IL letters all at once at the same time; have you checked your spam folders etc? They sometimes do 2 batches of IL a month. I too had my medical yesterday morning!

Thank you for your reply! 🙂 I have checked spam folders. But that helps to know it comes from NVC - presumably then updated on the CEAC too. My medical was just after lunch - we must have just missed each other 😉

Hey Guys, I’m so happy that most of you have received your interview letters this morning - Congratulations. I have my interview this Thursday,  can’t wait to get that bit done and can then start thinking about the future in the US. We are nearly there 🇺🇸.

I am so excited for everybody!! It feels so surreal for me. We have waited for this stage for YEARS and now it's finally happening. A question I have though, is.... what on earth do we wear to the interview?! Haha, seems trivial but I want to be dressed right! I have a plain black smart dress I'm thinking of wearing. I'm assuming they're expecting quite formal clothing.

Also, I got that same message about registering the interview - it won't let me yet so will try later this week. How exciting!

6 minutes ago, Icedgem said:

Hey Guys, I’m so happy that most of you have received your interview letters this morning - Congratulations. I have my interview this Thursday,  can’t wait to get that bit done and can then start thinking about the future in the US. We are nearly there 🇺🇸.

Best of luck to you! You must tell us all about it afterwards. It's so exciting

1 minute ago, hopeful0811 said:

I am so excited for everybody!! It feels so surreal for me. We have waited for this stage for YEARS and now it's finally happening. A question I have though, is.... what on earth do we wear to the interview?! Haha, seems trivial but I want to be dressed right! I have a plain black smart dress I'm thinking of wearing. I'm assuming they're expecting quite formal clothing.

Also, I got that same message about registering the interview - it won't let me yet so will try later this week. How exciting!

Best of luck to you! You must tell us all about it afterwards. It's so exciting

Smart casual, but no Americana! Apparently they aren't too pleased when applicants wear it haha!

Yes, smart casual, it’s difficult this time of the year. I have to be at the embassy at 7.45 am this Thursday, and it will be freezing, so I’m going to be wrapped up with big coat, gloves etc. Its quite hard to be smart / dressy this time of the year. I’ve stood outside that embassy before in the freezing cold when I had my B2 visa interview. It was January and the wind blasts across the Thames there, we were waiting outside for so long and when it came to going through security none of us could feel our fingers to remove coats and open bags etc / 😂, . At least those of you with March days will have warmer weather and lighter mornings.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.