2,888 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Dags said:

Sometimes it take little bit to reflect the Ready status in the system. So nothing to be worry about - try again alter :) 

Thanks so much!!! Will check this afternoon and update here.

3 hours ago, PBabz said:

image.thumb.png.86c0d251d328bc77d457ed9edb6725c1.png

All good here - hoping everyone else is able to the same with ease.

We're getting there slowly but surely everyone :)

1 hour ago, PBabz said:

image.thumb.png.86c0d251d328bc77d457ed9edb6725c1.png

All good here - hoping everyone else is able to the same with ease.

We're getting there slowly but surely everyone :)

I can confirm the same :) 
To be able to plan for the future now is just the best! 

Good luck with your medical!!!! :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
6 hours ago, PBabz said:

It might even be tomorrow, but you will get in the system shortly.

2 minutes ago, Dags said:

Thank you! And Approved! 🥳 everyone is super nice in the embassy. The interview was literally two minutes.

Yay!!! So happy to hear this :D 

Fingers crossed delivery of your passport by the end of the week and you and your husband can then focus on planning your upcoming move.

So so happy to hear this. 

My medical tomorrow morning so hoping for a nice, smooth start to process tomorrow! 

5 minutes ago, PBabz said:

Yay!!! So happy to hear this :D 

Fingers crossed delivery of your passport by the end of the week and you and your husband can then focus on planning your upcoming move.

So so happy to hear this. 

My medical tomorrow morning so hoping for a nice, smooth start to process tomorrow! 

Thank you! They said week to 2 weeks but by sounds of things,  it seems to be pretty quick lately! 

Good luck! im sure it will go all smooth for you too! 😊

Echoing what Dags said here, I also had my interview today and it was super quick and easy. The interview itself was just two questions - where and when did you meet? and when did you last see each other. All staff I interacted with were lovely! From the staff to the security staff (In fact, while I was going through security I heard one of the staff on the radio, saying "We've had a woman come in who says she has info on the whereabouts of 3 wanted Iraqis with a $5 million reward on their heads and she has been told to contact the embassy. She's outside now." WHAAAAAAAT?!!! I so want to know the ending to that story!)

The following documents were the only ones I was asked for (bear in mind this was non-expedite CR-1 and filed through the normal process, NOT NVC - I understand that could change what they request)

1. Originals: Passport, marriage cert, police cert, birth cert
2. Only one passport photo
3. The letter inviting me to interview and the courier confirmation letter
4. My husband's W2

They didn't ask for any of the other tax things I had brought, any joint financial stuff or extra pictures. I had taken photocopies with me that I offered up, but she said no need. 

Got the verbal approval and one person said 3-4 days to get the passport, and the second 1-2 weeks. I get the impression that the first is very likely and the second was just managing my expectations. 

Anyway, good luck to everyone still going through the process! 

15 minutes ago, RadChan said:

Echoing what Dags said here, I also had my interview today and it was super quick and easy. The interview itself was just two questions - where and when did you meet? and when did you last see each other. All staff I interacted with were lovely! From the staff to the security staff (In fact, while I was going through security I heard one of the staff on the radio, saying "We've had a woman come in who says she has info on the whereabouts of 3 wanted Iraqis with a $5 million reward on their heads and she has been told to contact the embassy. She's outside now." WHAAAAAAAT?!!! I so want to know the ending to that story!)

The following documents were the only ones I was asked for (bear in mind this was non-expedite CR-1 and filed through the normal process, NOT NVC - I understand that could change what they request)

4. My husband's W2

They didn't ask for any of the other tax things I had brought, any joint financial stuff or extra pictures. I had taken photocopies with me that I offered up, but she said no need. 

Got the verbal approval and one person said 3-4 days to get the passport, and the second 1-2 weeks. I get the impression that the first is very likely and the second was just managing my expectations. 

You’re way better with details, girl😂 so here we are:

Everyone super nice, security, reception, embassy stuff. 
i was asked for all my civil document and one passport photo and courier selection and confirmation page. They didn’t want affidavit of support or any document supporting it.

interview itself was literally two minutes. Questions asked: 1) so your spouse is in military? (This was more of conversation on what he does, where he’s based, and where w go next and when). 2) do you have any question about immigration rights leaflet?

Nope 😀 
 then I was given verbal approval and was told the passport and bisa would be with me within 1-2 weeks.

ps. I will an actual review to my timeline tomorrow.

Edited by Dags

17 minutes ago, RadChan said:

4. My husband's W2

Arrrghhhh, the option to edit is gone! I meant to type "NOT DCF", above! Sorry - didn't get much sleep last night as I was so scared over over-sleeping and missing my interview!

Visa approved :)

CR1 

DCF London 

I-130 application started 19th February 2020

Interview was straight forward, nice people. simple questions; when did you meet your wife? why do you want to go to the US when you are now together in the UK? Visa approved 

No questions on domicile even though wife is living with me in UK on spousal visa.

Thanks for help all

I just wanted to say thank you to you all. I'm so grateful to have this topic thread - it's so super helpful. It's shining a light into the pitch black dark of the Long Wait for any news from the Embassy - it's super heartening to hear so many of you geting your interviews and visas - absolutely fanastic. We were DQ'd on the 24th Sept, so looks like it might a wee bit of a wait yet... but we are getting a bit closer each day! It's really, really helpful to get an idea of the timelines, this is by far the most information I have found on it. Thank you!

My spouse was approved on the 17th! woohoo 2 yrs & 8 months later nearly there!

I see everyone is tracking the administrative processing/ issued for the visa. Is this through the ais.usavisa-info link they share for you to login?

I've heard of people saying to wait for an e-mail or text message for updates on the delivery of the visa, but some I read that they just looked at the status for issued and went to go get it.

Any other have an experience like this not getting a confirmation and just going to pick it up?

3 minutes ago, GringoCarioca said:

My spouse was approved on the 17th! woohoo 2 yrs & 8 months later nearly there!

I see everyone is tracking the administrative processing/ issued for the visa. Is this through the ais.usavisa-info link they share for you to login?

I've heard of people saying to wait for an e-mail or text message for updates on the delivery of the visa, but some I read that they just looked at the status for issued and went to go get it.

Any other have an experience like this not getting a confirmation and just going to pick it up?

Congrats! :) 

I was approved yesterday,  and I can see the visa has been issued already! No info from the courier yet.

https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx - this is the page where you can check it :) 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.