2,898 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
6 hours ago, ivanbanana said:

And what is the questionaire that needs to be filled out?

See this page on the embassy website. https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/family-immigration/medical-examination/

Scroll to the bottom and find  required documents. There is a link to the questionnaire.

18 hours ago, Wuozopo said:

See this page on the embassy website. https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/family-immigration/medical-examination/

Scroll to the bottom and find  required documents. There is a link to the questionnaire.

All right great. Thank you for all your help. It is very much appreciated.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I have my fiance visa interview this coming Thursday. Can anybody confirm that the London embassy does not need further evidence (from the original I-129F submission) that the relationship is legitimate ? There is conflicting information online.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Sam Attewell said:

I have my fiance visa interview this coming Thursday. Can anybody confirm that the London embassy does not need further evidence (from the original I-129F submission) that the relationship is legitimate ? There is conflicting information online.

They get the original petition that goes from USCIS> NVC> London. Was you relationship covered with some evidence in that? They look at all of that as you are approaching the window. London has never ever looked at more evidence. However one lady (maybe new) in the last few months of this year has asked “Did you bring any pictures to show me?”  One on here described it like she didn’t get the sense it would fail you, but more like the woman just liked to look at pictures. 

Edited by Wuozopo

CR1

I-130 Approved = 20-Aug-21

Sent paperwork, etc to NVC = 7-Sep-21

DQ'd = 1-Dec-21

Interview = ??? (who knows...)

5 hours ago, MRW & NJR said:

CR1

DQ'd = 1-Dec-21

Wow our timelines are very similar! We are about a week behind you throughout the whole process. Waiting for DQ, fingers crossed. Hopefully you will get an interview scheduled for January! Good luck. 

The nvc said that we didn’t meet the financial requirements but we decided to go through with it anyway without adding another sponsor. We dq’ed in November. My question is will the embassy automatically deny us solely based on what the nvc said or will we still receive an interview where they will then look at our financial documents?

Timeline
9 hours ago, ivanbanana said:

The nvc said that we didn’t meet the financial requirements but we decided to go through with it anyway without adding another sponsor. We dq’ed in November. My question is will the embassy automatically deny us solely based on what the nvc said or will we still receive an interview where they will then look at our financial documents?

NVC doesn’t decide anything. They are just checking your documents for completeness before passing on the the embassy.  The officer who interviews you will review your affidavit of support. 

What was the problem with your submission?

:time:

22 hours ago, Wuozopo said:

NVC doesn’t decide anything. They are just checking your documents for completeness before passing on the the embassy.  The officer who interviews you will review your affidavit of support. 

What was the problem with your submission?

:time:

Great thank for all the information. We actually just today got our interview letter scheduled for the 6th of January. The problem with our submission was that the nvc said I didn't have enough to meet the minimum financial requirements.

What is the ds-260 confirmation page that you have to bring to the medical exam?

Timeline
44 minutes ago, ivanbanana said:

Great thank for all the information. We actually just today got our interview letter scheduled for the 6th of January. The problem with our submission was that the nvc said I didn't have enough to meet the minimum financial requirements.

What is the ds-260 confirmation page that you have to bring to the medical exam?

Your interview letter will do. The medical clinic just wants to make sure you’re not jumping the gun and actually are ready for interview. And they want to verify your LNDXXXXXXXXX case number. 

Your Ds-260 confirmation came in an email. You can print another by logging in to CEAC  You need it at your interview.

Edited by Wuozopo

1 hour ago, Wuozopo said:

Your interview letter will do. The medical clinic just wants to make sure you’re not jumping the gun and actually are ready for interview. And they want to verify your LNDXXXXXXXXX case number. 

Your Ds-260 confirmation came in an email. You can print another by logging in to CEAC  You need it at your interview.

Alright thank you very much for all your help. Also they say on the website that at the interview my wife needs to present proof of domicile for the petitioner such as a passport. Is an expired passport okay for proof? It expired a few months ago.

Timeline
1 hour ago, ivanbanana said:

Alright thank you very much for all your help. Also they say on the website that at the interview my wife needs to present proof of domicile for the petitioner such as a passport. Is an expired passport okay for proof? It expired a few months ago.

What website? Provide a link because I don’t know what you’re talking about. Your wife doesn’t need to go to the interview. Does your wife live in the UK.  Also you have no profile to tell your embassy, visa type, etc.

30 minutes ago, Wuozopo said:

What website? Provide a link because I don’t know what you’re talking about. Your wife doesn’t need to go to the interview. Does your wife live in the UK.  Also you have no profile to tell your embassy, visa type, etc.

Sorry I am the petitioner in the US and my wife is the applicant. We are under the cr1/ir1 visa and we’re being processed at the London embassy. This is the link we found it on https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Supplements/Supplements_by_Post/LND-London.html#medical_exam_instructions and this is what it says 

8A5C550C-4873-4D3C-940C-2DA3FE084537.png

On 12/7/2021 at 6:05 PM, MRW & NJR said:

CR1

DQ'd = 1-Dec-21

Interview = 10-Jan-22 (woo)

Found out today (13-Dec-21)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.