2,898 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, jadmac said:

DQd 30th June - interview on the 6th of October! Also scheduled my medical, she said they've just released 400 interviews so they are struggling with capacity.....but she's made it the same day as my interview! 

Also the covid vaccine is required she made clear - both doses. 

I got mine in but it's only 4 days before - I'm assuming from yours being the same day that this wont be seen as a problem?

I understand it's supposed to be min 5 days before but do we think because of the backlog they will allow? (it's not like it's our fault)

Just now, MushyPea said:

I got mine in but it's only 4 days before - I'm assuming from yours being the same day that this wont be seen as a problem?

I understand it's supposed to be min 5 days before but do we think because of the backlog they will allow? (it's not like it's our fault)

I asked about this and she said they are aware that the medical team have a huge backlog. The lady I spoke to said I can attend the visa interview and they will forward my medical results a few days later. 

With that said I will make sure this is all correct and will call the embassy to make sure. 

16 hours ago, jademd123 said:

If i upload them now, will I have to wait for NVC to review it and goodness knows how long that'll take ? :(

no because they have the originals to rely upon... the main things is to avoid having to go away and then come back. Remember you are in embassy processing now... NVC is behind you.

It's all about convincing the consular officer who looking at your case in London now!

Don't worry, I just got finished up today at the embassy, and they can see everything you upload. All they need to do is to be able to verify it with the original that you'll take you.

It'll be fine. Relax.

34 minutes ago, RachelUK said:

Does anyone know if petitioners can attend the interview/go into the embassy with their spouse (applicant)? 

answer is a no...unless you're a minor, or need other help.

21 minutes ago, JonnyB said:

answer is a no...unless you're a minor, or need other help.

Thanks for the quick reply! I guess I'll need to find a cafe or something to sit in during the interview then.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
4 hours ago, jadmac said:

DQd 30th June - interview on the 6th of October! Also scheduled my medical, she said they've just released 400 interviews so they are struggling with capacity.....but she's made it the same day as my interview! 

Also the covid vaccine is required she made clear - both doses. 

Because your medical is in October, then yes two doses of Covid vax is required. New requirement begins Oct 1. 

Timeline
4 hours ago, Becker said:

Do you know if you need both doses if your medical is before October 1st?

The requirement starts Oct 1. Take the cdc announcement if you’re afraid they won’t submit your medical without vax.

And why the heck aren’t you fully vaccinated anyway???

Edited by Wuozopo

Timeline
4 hours ago, juninho10 said:

EDIT: Just figured it out! You have to register so they can send your passport back to you:

That’s really two separate things. Register your appointment date. And at same time make arrangements with the courier for passport delivery or pick up at a depot. One is not faster than the other. 

4 hours ago, juninho10 said:

Looks like I'm a bit too eager. That website says my case isn't ready to register an appointment. CEAC still says I'm at the NVC stage, so I'm assuming it'll take a few days to pass through that for me to to register it.

Correct. It should be ready to accept you by tomorrow. 

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Just now, Wuozopo said:

That’s really two separate things. Register your appointment date. And at same time make arrangements with the courier for passport delivery or pick up at a depot. One is not faster than the other. 

Correct. It should be ready to accept you by tomorrow. 

Good to know - cheers! I'll try to register it tomorrow then. I wasn't sure if I had to register my appointment or not as they'd already specified a date, but thanks for the tip-off.

Timeline
10 minutes ago, juninho10 said:

Good to know - cheers! I'll try to register it tomorrow then. I wasn't sure if I had to register my appointment or not as they'd already specified a date, but thanks for the tip-off.

This is the embassy website instructions with my cross out edit.  You don’t have to attend the medical first. Nobody does that before they register their appointment and set up the courier.

After you have attended your medical examination, you should then register your visa interview through the Visa Appointment Service website at https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-gb/iv and follow these instructions:

• Select “I have received a Consular interview appointment date from the National Visa Center (NVC), Kentucky Consular Center (KCC), or the Consular Section and I have been instructed to register my appointment on this site”;
  • Follow the onscreen instructions to register an account;
    • If your family members are applying under your case number, you may “add” applicants to your account after you have added your own details.
  • You will be asked to select your delivery method for the return of your passport if your visa application is successful. Delivery to a courier depot is free. If you wish to upgrade to home/office delivery you can pay an additional fee through your account;
  • Please go to “Print Instructions” in order to print your courier confirmation page. You must bring this with you on the day of the visa interview.
  • You should also bring your appointment letter you received from NVC

Timeline
4 hours ago, Cindy and Matt said:

Had my interview this morning. Due to me working in Cybersecurity, apparently they need more information:

All siblings, intl travel past 15 years and how they were funded, all emails/phone numbers/social media, oh and my full CV covering 15 years. 

I mean #######?  Couldn't they have flagged this given my wife said my job title on the i130?!

Grumpy Matt. 

Read this recent thread from the UK forum. He had a similar situation.  PM him if you want to discuss more details. He’s nice even if he sounds a little grumpy in thread. I’m sure you can relate.
https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/769343-routine-or-extraordinary/

1 hour ago, JonnyB said:

no because they have the originals to rely upon... the main things is to avoid having to go away and then come back. Remember you are in embassy processing now... NVC is behind you.

It's all about convincing the consular officer who looking at your case in London now!

Don't worry, I just got finished up today at the embassy, and they can see everything you upload. All they need to do is to be able to verify it with the original that you'll take you.

It'll be fine. Relax.

I see, that's very helpful, thank you.

Do you know if i just need to upload the new i-864 form & police certificate onto the 'CIVIL DOCUMENT' additional document section or sepapraly with i-864 in the AOS section ?

Also for the interview, the employment verification letter obviously is just a pdf, it never had a wet signature, will that be okay ? what would be considered an original letter in this case ?

Many Thanks

34 minutes ago, jademd123 said:

I see, that's very helpful, thank you.

Do you know if i just need to upload the new i-864 form & police certificate onto the 'CIVIL DOCUMENT' additional document section or sepapraly with i-864 in the AOS section ?

Also for the interview, the employment verification letter obviously is just a pdf, it never had a wet signature, will that be okay ? what would be considered an original letter in this case ?

Many Thanks

I'd see if it'll let you put another of the same docs in the same place where you uploaded first time... 

I had to do it with latest tax return, and it let me do it fine... otherwise go with a general cop-out section.

If you have a unsigned pdf take the email that it came with from you boss/personnel or whoever.

I just did similar with one of my docs.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~12 Off Topic posts removed from Derailing this thread. Folks you need to start your own thread if you have any questions what so  ever that does not relate to this TOPIC- Which is IR1/CR1 Appointment updates only. It is to the point that with so many off topics being posted in this thread the thread is obsolete. If this continues I will shut it down. Please stop derailing this thread.~~

Edited by Ontarkie
Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

13 hours ago, CandJ18 said:

Husband was first in, first out today. Approved! ✔️ Good luck to the rest today/coming in the next few weeks. Thanks to everyone for being so helpful in this stressful process!

I think I was right behind him at 9am slot.  No problem here either.  The "pre-checking" guy was cool and friendly followed be the lady Consular Officer.  In and out in 25 minutes. Could not believe how quick.

2 questions...  Where did you meet? and... Why so long to get married?  

Happy day! Congrates to everyone else lucky enough to have smooth day!

To everyone else, keep positive, smile and do your homework.  The easier you make it for the embassy staff, the better it is for everyone.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.